Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pyramid of the Sun is WAY too hard for Fire.

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
I am seriously having a hard time. Every single boss fight I have done is fire. Every time, they get first turn. So I am usually slain. Even when I am putting up fire shields and fire prisms. Just won't work. Some of the bosses school either need to be changed, or they need to stop using weakness. Also, a BIG problem in this is the Fire Elf update. Now it is mega stronger, and they seem to stack it now. Maybe a solution to this will be to reduce the cast rate of Fire elf on them. Even though I am usually slain by a Fire Bird, the Fire Elves also burn me to ashes.

(I really need to get a bright colored school. I'll do next)

Survivor
Jul 08, 2013
i don't blame you one bit my storm had to go through with the tomb of storms i was like what the heck! but i had some friends to help me

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
Wow I must have been really mad when I posted this. Let me specify some things.
I am talking the pyramid of Sun, in Krokotopia. I finally beat it with the help of my Myth friend.
But my troubles were battles going a bit like this:
  1. I get second turn. The fire minion uses ice shield on the boss first turn. Boss weaknesses me.
  2. I get a fire shield up know sun bird is coming.
  3. I use a wand for the ice shield and weakness.
  4. I put up a prism, then BAM! I am hit with a FIRE CAT, then the minion uses Sun Bird. Next round, the Boss uses sun bird.
  5. after that round, the minion uses Fire Elf.
As you see, that's very fustrating. It's hard to get good fire resist at the time my level (18). I am not allowing myself to use Crowns gear on that character and all of my "perfect pets" are crowns pets.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
The Spiral Twister on Apr 17, 2014 wrote:
I am seriously having a hard time. Every single boss fight I have done is fire. Every time, they get first turn. So I am usually slain. Even when I am putting up fire shields and fire prisms. Just won't work. Some of the bosses school either need to be changed, or they need to stop using weakness. Also, a BIG problem in this is the Fire Elf update. Now it is mega stronger, and they seem to stack it now. Maybe a solution to this will be to reduce the cast rate of Fire elf on them. Even though I am usually slain by a Fire Bird, the Fire Elves also burn me to ashes.

(I really need to get a bright colored school. I'll do next)
I totally agree about the Fire Elf. I've been spammed by this spell from bosses/mobs that NEVER used to cast it before. It's frustrating and annoying. And don't get me started on being spammed by weakness.

As for your issue, it really shouldn't be. Pop those prisms onto the boss ONLY as soon as possible. Use your traps/blades. And use your secondary school if necessary. Oh, and if you haven't trained Life, load up on Pixies. If you have, load up on Sprites (I never had an issue with Fire at this level.)

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
I don't get it. Why are you attacking the boss first? The minion dishes out about the same damage, but is much quicker to defeat, since he has lower health and less fire resist. Pop the minion, which cuts incoming damage by about half, only then pick on the boss.

Explorer
May 22, 2011
This really ticks me off. It's the Pyramid of the Sun, meant to be Fire. Guess what? Krokophinx was just as hard for Ice, same with Tomb of Storms for Storm. They give you a converter for a reason, whether you use it or not. It's part of the game, don't complain about it.

-The General

Defender
Mar 02, 2009
My advice, which i used in the Krokosphinx as an ice? TREASURE CARDS. Or, tbh, you can use regular fire shields. They stack, so you can use all three at once and only one will be triggered. WARNING, though, a Fire Elf DoT will trigger one each, so be cautious. Other than that, use your secondary school and play defense.

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
Treasure card shields are going to be a bit expensive for someone just reaching Krokotopia. If you need shields against fire you can just use the amulet Gobblestone's pendant, which adds three 85% fire shields to your deck. Amulets are a one time purchase you don't have to keep buying when they are used up like treasure cards. There are equivalent amulets for ice and storm if you need those. They are all available in the oasis amulet shop quite cheap at 225 gold each. They can often be found at the bazaar as well but are cheaper in the shop.

It is true that fire shields can be limited in usefulness when your opponents throw damage over time spells like fire elf at you. You might do well to visit the bazaar and look for gear that increases your health so you can absorb more damage. Gear on sale can be sorted by level, check "usable" and then the top of the "level" column twice, and the window will list the highest usable level gear first. If you are level 15 or higher you usually want gear listed as your school only, the best school gear is normally a little better than the best any school gear.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
General Jack Squat on Apr 21, 2014 wrote:
This really ticks me off. It's the Pyramid of the Sun, meant to be Fire. Guess what? Krokophinx was just as hard for Ice, same with Tomb of Storms for Storm. They give you a converter for a reason, whether you use it or not. It's part of the game, don't complain about it.

-The General
Did you not read my post? Seriously. Read the post before you go on a tantrum. You're complaining.
I said that I use prisms. But the bosses would kill me the round they would have died. I always had second round. And no I didn't complain about Krokosphinx because I went through it on my ice. Ice isn't a strong school like fire so going against their own school isn't very hard.
For tomb of Storms, you should be high enough level to have suitable resist for storm mobs. Fire, which is at the BEGINNING of Krokotopia, isn't high enough level to have suitable fire resist. I'm not a hardcore player like you.

Survivor
Mar 04, 2012
I know! I was in Malistaire's lair earlier (I had to leave because it was getting late) and there were a ton of fire monsters!

I know the feeling, I'm sure it happens with every school though, I mean, have you seen Tanglewood way?

Try to get lots of prisms as fast as possible and kill those Bosses!

Or try and get a friend to help, two wizards are better then one!

Katie Moonflame, level 51