Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pedigree

AuthorMessage
Defender
Oct 04, 2010
I know what pedigree is, so I don't need it explained to me, but how do I get more? I'm I just not observant or what?

-Scarlet Moonstone lvl 41

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
scarletmoonstone14... on Apr 17, 2014 wrote:
I know what pedigree is, so I don't need it explained to me, but how do I get more? I'm I just not observant or what?

As you hatch up with higher level pedigree pets the pedigree on the hatches usually raises. It has been my experience though that these pedigrees don't mean I will get better talents, in fact my lower pedigree pets seem to manifest Spritely, Fairy Friend, Spell Proof, Energizing Battery and Unicorn more often.

Mary

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
scarletmoonstone14... on Apr 17, 2014 wrote:

Pedigree is just the total of possible talents. 1 for every common talent/derby up to 5 for every epic talent/derby. Obviously hatching pets with higher ranked talents increases the pedigree. Having all Epic talents would be 100. It's just a matter of getting rid of low rank talents, they just add up. The first number is all 20 possible talents/derby, the second number is the total of the 10 actually learned.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Northlite on Apr 17, 2014 wrote:
As you hatch up with higher level pedigree pets the pedigree on the hatches usually raises. It has been my experience though that these pedigrees don't mean I will get better talents, in fact my lower pedigree pets seem to manifest Spritely, Fairy Friend, Spell Proof, Energizing Battery and Unicorn more often.

Mary
You are correct. Many inexperienced pet wizards believe that pedigree is what you need to concentrate on, and it is not. By raising the pedigree a bit (through hatching with others) does show that other, possibly more useful talents are in the talent pool.

Scarlet, if you hatch with others, be sure to look and see what talents have manifested, and if the other person knows what other talents may/are on their pet, find out what they are. Pedigree isn't that important, but stat numbers are. These are on the right side from the talent list (the bars raise as you feed your pet). On stats, the higher the numbers, the better many of your talents will be, such as critical, resist, block, etc.

Good luck!