Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101 Storyline is going downhill

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 13, 2013
I'm sure everyone has been thinking this for a while now, but for some reason I'm noticing it more with the release of the Krysalis part 2 test realm.
The magic game has literally lost it's magic.
To me, it's kind of sad how whenever I'm questing with a friend, or seeing a play through on the internet, many people (basically everyone) just spam the space bar and don't care at all about dialogue.
However, I believe this isn't necessarily self-imposed. I would bet anyone that they wouldn't be doing it if they were still in the first arc for the first time.

I'm not saying that that's the only reason, but it's a pretty big one. When I think of my favorite world, I judge it by the plot, graphics, and overall feel more than anything. So if your goal is to make people judge a world by solely the amount of boss fights thrown at them, Kingsisle, your doing a good job, considering all of the Avalon play throughs that lack plot, but are still the player's favorite world.

Personally, my favorite world is Krokotopia. The music, the graphics, and the plot itself were absolutely amazing, as with many worlds of the first arc... but not the second.
The boss fight with Malistaire was so exciting; so much hype rid on the Dragonspyre release. And Kingsisle kept it up in Celestia, with all of the new star spells and the underwater theme. Zafaria was alright... it was the first world where I could do 2000 damage with one blade (wooly mammoth), but also the first world of the second arc that lacked recognizable plot. But that's ok, because you guys picked it right back up again in Avalon, a great world. By that time, however, the magic had already left the building. Same thing with Azteca, and then Krysalis. From what I've heard, the final Morganthe battle (please don't spoil it lol) was... a downgrade from the Malistaire battle. And it's not surprising why.

I could go on about this forever, but I think the cause of this reaction was the fact the game had gotten larger, and almost older, more mature.
Each world got bigger, each spell got more damage, each boss got more health, and the pace got faster. A long time ago, me and my friends quit a game most people know as Minecraft, for the sole reason that it got too complex. This is happening to Wizard101. The new kinds of magic being released are incredible, but right now, I think it's too much.

And I know for a fact that I'm not alone.

I miss when there were no enchants making low pip spells stronger than high ones, when spammers simply didn't exist.
However, that said, I believe some complexity is good. For example, team pvp, is like a game of chess now, and I think that's great. But the game itself has lost something along the way in these 13 (or 14 now?) worlds.

No one can change the past (right now), but please Kingsisle, make the third arc like the first one.
Not too complex, not too mature, enjoyable.
Thanks for reading.

Charles SeaGiver level 95

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
Did you play Azteca? Or Avalon? Second arc had a way better story than the first. Malistaire arc could've been better.