Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Talent Crystal Ball

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
One thing that I would really like to see is a Pet Talent Crystal Ball.
It would only allow you to see the Mega Talent, after you had reached
the EPIC stage. Why, cause KI needs to sell seeds and packs, so
you would have to take each pet to Epic, and then you could read the
last Pet Talent.
Why do we need this, because it takes about 45 mega snack to get that
last talent. It would be great to see beforehand, if it's going to fail at Mega.

This is the one item that I have always wanted in W101, as it would
save so much time. Plus save Mega snacks and allow me to start working
on another Pet so much sooner.
Since new Talents are out there, we are all working to get just the right pet.
This would be so very helpful, and would save so much time.

If it was crowns only fine, if it was crafting only fine, but so many of us would
want this, and it would save a ton on being burned at Mega.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
There have been several posts/suggestion about this matter similar to your suggestion. I think it would help also, but so far KI remains silent .

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Veracity8 on Apr 12, 2014 wrote:
One thing that I would really like to see is a Pet Talent Crystal Ball.
It would only allow you to see the Mega Talent, after you had reached
the EPIC stage. Why, cause KI needs to sell seeds and packs, so
you would have to take each pet to Epic, and then you could read the
last Pet Talent.
Why do we need this, because it takes about 45 mega snack to get that
last talent. It would be great to see beforehand, if it's going to fail at Mega.

This is the one item that I have always wanted in W101, as it would
save so much time. Plus save Mega snacks and allow me to start working
on another Pet so much sooner.
Since new Talents are out there, we are all working to get just the right pet.
This would be so very helpful, and would save so much time.

If it was crowns only fine, if it was crafting only fine, but so many of us would
want this, and it would save a ton on being burned at Mega.
I agree with something like that. Actually, I once posted this suggestion:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/previewing-pet-talents-39505

With my very first wizard, I spent quite a lot on mega snacks while trying to level my first significant pet. Since then, I have purchased them a few times but I rarely purchase them anymore and I won't purchase them at regular price. Why? Because I have no idea if I'm wasting my money. If there was some way of previewing such as the one listed above or one like in my previously cited post... I WOULD DEFINITELY SPEND CROWNS. Are you listening KI? I would actually spend crowns and frankly I would do more with pets in general.

The problem is the sheer amount of time it takes to train a pet. The experience was novel on the first pet, but decidedly less so on the second. By the third it was just plain obnoxious. Add to this the amount of gold it costs to hatch a pet and factor the amount of game play it takes to achieve that gold and you're really deep in it time wise. While I'm fine with the game play bit (its obviously the main draw the game anyway), I DESPISE the redundancy of pet training with a burning passion. Mega snacks obviously speed this process up. However, almost nothing in this game has made me angrier than to have dumped a bunch of money on mega snacks only to find out I wasted my time on a pet whose talents were completely lame. It only took once for me.

Something like the suggestion in this post I would find a valuable investment and perfectly inline with the long standing tradition that crowns are meant shortcut the game. More importantly, I would actually spend crowns on a semi-regular basis rather than just my odd left overs when I'm feeling "rich" and they are on sale.

Survivor
Dec 04, 2009
Explorer
Feb 18, 2010
Yes! I always stop around epic because I don't want to waste time training it for days when it might fail. This would really help us out.

Angus Ghostriver 95
Blaze Lifebreeze 72