Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 4-11-14

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hi Wizards! Another week has taken it's course, and we're finally at Friday, so it's time to chat!

I know we've done this one before, but it's been a while (and we've uncovered a lot of the Spiral in that time), so let's do it again! Let's talk voice overs. Which is your FAVORITE character, judging only by their voice?

Additional bonus question - I (the person behind Professor Falmea) have voiced a few characters in game. Can you guess which ones? (HINT: It's not Professor Falmea) I will certainly not be offended if they are not in this list!

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Defender
Mar 02, 2009
To be honest, I have to go with Morganthe and the Drakes. They may be evil, but MAN I love their voices.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Cyrus and Malistaire are my favorites, it's a close call but I'd have to say Cyrus.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I just wanted to add another thought. Morganthe, while I hate the character, is very effective voice work. It makes us hate her all the more. It's a very good match of voice talent and writing for a spoiled brat villain.

Delver
Jun 29, 2011
My favorite character voice-over is Captain K'torr J'rrol in Tyrian Gorge. Is that really Patrick Warburton? If not, it's a very good impression of him.

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
Morganthe I guess. It's a shame when i do a dungeon involving her people who are only there to farm skip through the dialogue. I know she's evil, but she still makes an interesting conversation.

I'm not actually going to put much thought into the matter, but I wouldn't find it very surprising if "Falmea" was the voice of Morganthe.

Explorer
Feb 18, 2010
The guy in zafaria who has a voice like Morgan Freeman. I forgot the NPC's name though :(

Survivor
Feb 03, 2013
I honestly love Malistaire (please don't scold me out on this one Headmaster Ambrose). His story is just so affective that it almost makes you feel bad for him as he desperately attempts to use the power of the Dragon Titan Army to bring her back to life. And I would say that Professor Falmea sounds an awful lot like Morganthe...hmm what have you been up to in the fire class lately?

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
I've always liked headmaster Ambrose's voice acting. A bit old and tired, but always with a cheery sense of wonder.

Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
my absolute favorite voice and catch phrase is by far shadow of the land "listen to the thunder of land and the sky's. give. synthesis. control." its so cool. and malistaire's speech in dragonspyre "i am the master of death" i was like "wow" and lets not forget coruscade in the floating land. its awesome. hey professor felmea if it isn't to much trouble give your voice actors or sound department or what ever a thumbs up for me. .

Kyle Earthshard () Level 61

Kane Star () Level 24

Survivor
Jul 18, 2011
I like Diego's voice. Also, this is a complete guess, but have you (Falmea) voiced Ashley the Fire Tree in Dragonspyre?

Historian
May 06, 2009
My Top 10 favorite characters, based on voice, would have to be:

-Morganthe, because she's got a very effective, confident sound about her and every time she says something, you know she means buisness. I also think you guys did a fantastic job in matching her young voice to her older voice.
-Merle Ambrose, because his older voice is able to slip in and out of a serious demeanor (such as in Khrysalis) and a humorous one (like during Wysteria and Colossus Boulevard)
-Dyvim Whitehart, because he has a very fearless, loyal, and knightly voice which goes very well with his personality
-Malistaire Drake, because it captures his evil desires and wicked schemes.
-Captain K'torr J'rrol, because he's very humrous with his catch phrase "Ewww, you smell like..." whatever we just fought/collected
-Dean Vladimir (of Dragonspyre Academy), because his heavy Russian accent helped me develop my own, (plus he's cool looking).
-Beladonna Crisp, her British-twang and high-class attitude have a sort of appeal to me
-Xipli Tail Biter, I personally love all of the Spanish accents of Azteca (especially on the Aztecosaurs), but he was a very crazy character with all his wacky experiments.
-Diego the Duelmaster, because his Spanish accent is very amusing (and helpful!)
-Ol' Prospector Zeke, you can't miss him, cause he's everywhere!

As for your bonus, Professor Falmea, I'm going to make an assumption that the character you voiced wasn't someone who is a main/recurring character, but got their "fair share" of spot light. So many characters to pick from ... I really want to say Glenda Krendel, in Olde Town, Athena Battle Sight, in Aquila and/or Lady Orial and Lady Blackhope, both in Unicorn Way.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Hmm. I always likes Malistaire and Cyrus' voice. I also like Ambrose, Grandmother Raven and the 'narrator' as I traverse through Wizard City. Glendemming and Diego are also favorites of mine.

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
I love Morganthe's voice! That sassy, bratty and, inconsiderate tone in her voice just makes me hate her more every time i hear her! I do also like prof. Ambrose's voice. It is a friendly and warm voice, kinda like my grandpa's. Lol!

Daniel Mistrider Level 95

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Favourite voices:

-the Drakes
-Merle Ambrose
-Morganthe (I hate her, but her voice is perfectly matched to the character).

My guess is that Professor Falmea also does the voices for Crisp and Mithraya, and maybe Greta Darkkettle. I usually play with the sound off, so no one else comes to mind immediately.

-von

Survivor
May 25, 2009
My favorite voices are:

Any native Dragonspyrian (what?) including Sylvia, Cyrus, and Malistare (Even though they don't have the awesome Russian accent)

The Wraith of Sylvia or any Wraith period- I love the ghostly voice

That perky engineer that is your main person in Celestia

Watermoles

The talking waterfall thing from the Floating Lands

Mooshooians (Goats, Samoorai etc.) They are just so peaceful even in chaos

Fallon Lotusleaf lvl. 53 and
Stormriven Hall, Celestia

Cassandra Soulbringer lvl. 28 and
Tataki Outpost, Mooshu

Explorer
Apr 01, 2012
Professor Falmea on Apr 11, 2014 wrote:
Hi Wizards! Another week has taken it's course, and we're finally at Friday, so it's time to chat!

I know we've done this one before, but it's been a while (and we've uncovered a lot of the Spiral in that time), so let's do it again! Let's talk voice overs. Which is your FAVORITE character, judging only by their voice?

Additional bonus question - I (the person behind Professor Falmea) have voiced a few characters in game. Can you guess which ones? (HINT: It's not Professor Falmea) I will certainly not be offended if they are not in this list!

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
DWORGEN. not kidding.

Oh yeah, and did you, Falmea, voice Headmistress Crisp from Pigswick academy?
And Morganth?

~Luke NightTalon lvl77

Administrator
Thanks for the feedback - I'll pass this along.

No correct guesses for my voice, I'm afraid. It will have to remain shrouded in mystery. I will say that my voice is incorporated in a spell, in something natural, and someone from the past. ::grin::

New Feedback Friday will be coming up shortly!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea