Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

"Sorry your friend is busy right now"

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 25, 2013
So I actually kind of posted this idea on another thread, but I really think it should get it's own attention since I feel it is a noteworthy topic.

Does anyone remember in the old dungeons how you could have your friend port directly in with you and give you a hand when you were in a tough spot? I truly miss that ability in the newer worlds. For the dungeons that reside in Aquila it's understandable why they shouldn't be allowed to, but I'm thinking mainly about the dungeons in Khrysalis.

A lot of them have 4 enemies. I remember when I first created my death, I was able to solo pretty much everything except for a few that were exceptions (like Mirror Lake, Xibalba, etc.)

For the ones that weren't exactly a walk in the park, you could always call on a friend. Whether they were a level 9 or a level 90, it didn't matter. Pretty much just having another character in the room with you took a huge load off of you and allowed you to form a strategy to take on practically anything. When Khrysalis part 1 first came out, I had my level 50-60 friends help me get shadow magic by taking on Sophia DarkSide. sadly, this is no longer possible.

I guess I just want to know why this is? And if it's possible, let's change it back. Why shouldn't my lower level friends be able to help me through the dungeons in Khrysalis? For the dungeons that were challenging (for our level) back in Wizard City or Krok (Sunken City and Tomb of the Beguiler) we could have level 90s port in and basically do all the work for us.

My point is a lot of times it doesn't matter what level a friend is when they aid you in battle. Their presence makes a huge difference (obviously the enemies now have more than one target) and a lot of my friends are not level 95s. The few who DID help me the first time around when I quested all the way through Khrysalis part 1 no longer play this game for one reason or another.

"Team Up" is a great function and do not take this to that I am unfriendly, disagreeable, or condescending to anyone, I just typically prefer to quest with the friends I already have. And it's a shame that they cannot join me for certain dungeons, especially since it seems that Khrysalis has many that cannot be soloed. These are just my own thoughts, I do not know if many people out there agree with me, but I would definitely like some feedback to know if anyone else thinks the way I do or even if anyone else wants to give me a good reason why lower levels shouldn't be allowed to quest with me (aside from "power leveling" i mean if that's the case, make xp available only for completing the quest right?)

Just my thoughts, let me know what you all think.

John RavenCatcher - lvl95
John StormWalker - lvl95
John DragonPyre - lvl51
John FrostShard - lvl42

"Bambi is my old name.
Now.. Now they call me Deer Knight."

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
One problem with allowing low levels into high level boss fights is the drops. There are a lot of high level TC and regents that are untradable. Part 2 has added rank 10's into the mix. There are very few that are closed to teleports. The main storyline bosses that drop the best stuff really should be no teleport.

Defender
Jul 24, 2011
I know... it must not be fun to have to solo, and when no one is on...

Cole GoldenFlame, Level 39 Pyromancer World: MooShu and Grizzleheim Area: Crimson Fields and Mirkholm Keep "Fire with Storm is simple. Fizzle, fizzle, BOOM!"

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Yes I like this idea, for the most part.

While there always were a few dungeons that were locked to people porting in, and a few solo dungeons, most have allowed players to port in. I like it when people can port in. I never did understand why they made some dungeons locked. Never have liked it. I guess I can understand the solo spell quests (but my first time through them I absolutely hated it).

Again, just making the whole game experience more friendly to the average player would be very good. Let people play they way they want with the friends they want.

The only downside, is that sometimes the lower level wizards port into higher level instances where they really don't belong and become a liability -- especially if they come uninvited. There have been times when I have been doing fine solo with a workable strategy, and some low level "friend" ports in and steals traps and begs for healing, etc., and messed up my strategy.

But that is easily handled by me managing my friends list. Those "friends" get quickly removed from the list, and that unhappy experience is a one-time thing. For most cases, self-management is far preferable to "management from on high" (by programmers blocking port-ability).

Survivor
May 30, 2011
I so know what you're talking about with the low level friends porting in on you, but there is a better way to stop that and that's by going into your spell book and turning off your allow friend port. That way they have to ask if they can port. It's what I do.

A fellow high level wizard

Defender
Aug 25, 2013
seethe42 on Apr 11, 2014 wrote:
One problem with allowing low levels into high level boss fights is the drops. There are a lot of high level TC and regents that are untradable. Part 2 has added rank 10's into the mix. There are very few that are closed to teleports. The main storyline bosses that drop the best stuff really should be no teleport.
The drops won't matter.

It is not that low levels cannot go to khrysalis and help out, but they can't go into the dungeons. So low levels can actually already get a lot of the "rare" drops (several of my low level friends had rare reagents and TC) but I dont see why they shouldn't be allowed into the dungeons where if you try to solo you're gonna be up against a cheat boss with 3 minions who calls more in as soon as they are defeated.

In fact a lot of times I can pull off a 4v1 unless the cheat is that he summons more minions. My point is that KI isn't letting me game with my friends, they want me to only be questing with people at my level and i just dont think that is fair.

John StormWalker - lvl95
John DragonPyre - lvl52
John FrostShard - lvl47

"Bambi is my old name.

Survivor
Jul 08, 2011
i totally agree why do the older worlds get more porting access then newer worlds it should be equal and more fair. and i also see that rare gear and stuff is valuable but we still get money for low lvl worlds so why can't the newer levels have more freedom just like us.

sincerely, nathaniel storm blade level 71 valorous silver archon. also i hate having the team up its a great function but hardly anybody uses it and i would rather have friends

and nice john now watch this…. they call me sprite now they call me dark fairy

Explorer
Apr 01, 2012
Sokad on Apr 10, 2014 wrote:
So I actually kind of posted this idea on another thread, but I really think it should get it's own attention since I feel it is a noteworthy topic.

Does anyone remember in the old dungeons how you could have your friend port directly in with you and give you a hand when you were in a tough spot? I truly miss that ability in the newer worlds. For the dungeons that reside in Aquila it's understandable why they shouldn't be allowed to, but I'm thinking mainly about the dungeons in Khrysalis.

A lot of them have 4 enemies. I remember when I first created my death, I was able to solo pretty much everything except for a few that were exceptions (like Mirror Lake, Xibalba, etc.)

For the ones that weren't exactly a walk in the park, you could always call on a friend. Whether they were a level 9 or a level 90, it didn't matter. Pretty much just having another character in the room with you took a huge load off of you and allowed you to form a strategy to take on practically anything. When Khrysalis part 1 first came out, I had my level 50-60 friends help me get shadow magic by taking on Sophia DarkSide. sadly, this is no longer possible.

I guess I just want to know why this is? And if it's possible, let's change it back. Why shouldn't my lower level friends be able to help me through the dungeons in Khrysalis? For the dungeons that were challenging (for our level) back in Wizard City or Krok (Sunken City and Tomb of the Beguiler) we could have level 90s port in and basically do all the work for us.

My point is a lot of times it doesn't matter what level a friend is when they aid you in battle. Their presence makes a huge difference (obviously the enemies now have more than one target) and a lot of my friends are not level 95s. The few who DID help me the first time around when I quested all the way through Khrysalis part 1 no longer play this game for one reason or another.

"Team Up" is a great function and do not take this to that I am unfriendly, disagreeable, or condescending to anyone, I just typically prefer to quest with the friends I already have. And it's a shame that they cannot join me for certain dungeons, especially since it seems that Khrysalis has many that cannot be soloed. These are just my own thoughts, I do not know if many people out there agree with me, but I would definitely like some feedback to know if anyone else thinks the way I do or even if anyone else wants to give me a good reason why lower levels shouldn't be allowed to quest with me (aside from "power leveling" i mean if that's the case, make xp available only for completing the quest right?)

Just my thoughts, let me know what you all think.

John StormWalker - lvl95
John DragonPyre - lvl51
John FrostShard - lvl42

"Bambi is my old name.
Maybe your right but........Your right about to beat a seriously tough boss! you have blades galore! too more rounds is all you need! Then suddenly........A JOURNEYMAN appears, because of your kind heart you added him. and now? he uses lightningbats, traps gone, you die again, but the journeyman say "Oh, sry" and ports away.....Just a thought.

Defender
Nov 10, 2012
Annoying when you or your friend is lost in the same area, but you can't teleport to one another because of the annoying "Sorry your friend is busy right now". Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Savannah MoonBlossom 29 / & Jacqueline ShadowBlade 9 /

Survivor
Feb 20, 2012
Luke NightTallon on Apr 17, 2014 wrote:
Maybe your right but........Your right about to beat a seriously tough boss! you have blades galore! too more rounds is all you need! Then suddenly........A JOURNEYMAN appears, because of your kind heart you added him. and now? he uses lightningbats, traps gone, you die again, but the journeyman say "Oh, sry" and ports away.....Just a thought.
Well to avoid that happening... Make sure the person is a life wizard like me! level: at least adept or higher
when you are damaged the adept just goes ahead and uses satyr,unicorn, or fairy!.

James ShadowBlade 27