Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Avoiding doing the Labyrinth Twice??

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 05, 2011
So as many people know, the Labyrinth has to be finished twice. Once after defeating Boris Blackrock and again after receiving the Obsidian Chests quest. Or do you? Dragonspyre is a pretty lengthy world compared to those before it. If it's possible to avoid doing a dungeon twice (especially one such as the Labyrinth, that dungeon blows), I can assure you I'll find a way to do it. So my question here is, is it possible to mark the location next to the Obsidian Chest after defeating Vladimir Darkflame at the end of the dungeon the first time, then when I need to return to get that chest, teleport to that marked location and quickly open the chest without having to do the dungeon over? Obviously this wouldn't go without some suffering, because I would lose the ability to mark locations in between the Labyrinth and Obsidian Chest quests. However, I think it will be worth it in the end if it's possible. Let me know if this would work!

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Aerier on Mar 29, 2014 wrote:
So as many people know, the Labyrinth has to be finished twice. Once after defeating Boris Blackrock and again after receiving the Obsidian Chests quest. Or do you? Dragonspyre is a pretty lengthy world compared to those before it. If it's possible to avoid doing a dungeon twice (especially one such as the Labyrinth, that dungeon blows), I can assure you I'll find a way to do it. So my question here is, is it possible to mark the location next to the Obsidian Chest after defeating Vladimir Darkflame at the end of the dungeon the first time, then when I need to return to get that chest, teleport to that marked location and quickly open the chest without having to do the dungeon over? Obviously this wouldn't go without some suffering, because I would lose the ability to mark locations in between the Labyrinth and Obsidian Chest quests. However, I think it will be worth it in the end if it's possible. Let me know if this would work!
No. It wouldn't work. Here is another thread that addressed that same idea:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/halstons-laboratory/labyrinth-garbage--32918/182514?fromSearchResult=true#182514

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Aerier on Mar 29, 2014 wrote:
Yes, its possible and with the new dungeon recall feature, you may not even need to mark it. However, the key is speed. You have something like 30 minutes tops to do all the obsidian chest fights and get back to that point before the dungeon timer resets. The other option is to leave someone there doing that super fun circle spin so that you can port back to them when you finish the obsidian chest fights... or wait, now I don't remember. Do any of the obsidian chest fights involve sigils? If so, then the only way is to leave someone spinning while you do the other quests because the next time you use a sigil, the labyrinth mark point will expire.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
gtarhannon on Mar 30, 2014 wrote:
Yes, its possible and with the new dungeon recall feature, you may not even need to mark it. However, the key is speed. You have something like 30 minutes tops to do all the obsidian chest fights and get back to that point before the dungeon timer resets. The other option is to leave someone there doing that super fun circle spin so that you can port back to them when you finish the obsidian chest fights... or wait, now I don't remember. Do any of the obsidian chest fights involve sigils? If so, then the only way is to leave someone spinning while you do the other quests because the next time you use a sigil, the labyrinth mark point will expire.
I haven't actually tested the new "dungeon recall" feature yet, but with the old dungeon features, if you left the dungeon and worked on another quest, your dungeon would be reset, and you would lose the "teleport mark" that you left there. There were only certain things that you could do when you left a dungeon. I found this old post with some details:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/halstons-laboratory/labyrinth-garbage--32918/182514?fromSearchResult=true#182514

Again though, I'm not exactly sure how the new feature works. With the "dungeon recall" feature (not leaving a teleport mark), it sounds like you might be able to go back. Here are the details for "dungeon recall":

https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/update-notes/march2014

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
AluraMist2 on Mar 31, 2014 wrote:
I haven't actually tested the new "dungeon recall" feature yet, but with the old dungeon features, if you left the dungeon and worked on another quest, your dungeon would be reset, and you would lose the "teleport mark" that you left there. There were only certain things that you could do when you left a dungeon. I found this old post with some details:

Again though, I'm not exactly sure how the new feature works. With the "dungeon recall" feature (not leaving a teleport mark), it sounds like you might be able to go back. Here are the details for "dungeon recall":

https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/update-notes/march2014
In my opinion, the dungeon recall isn't much different than it used to be, other than not needing to use a mark. The key was always to port out (home button, etc.) after you left a mark rather than exit the correct way. Otherwise, the dungeon would reset. After that, there was no visable countdown but you could do other stuff for 30 minutes tops and still make use of your mark... so long as you didn't use another sigil. The key to getting a dungeon recall still seems (on many dungeons but it does appear to be inconsistent) to be clicking the home button. Bottom line, I think the only way may simply be to leave someone else there that you can port back to. I'm pretty sure there is some obsidian chest battle that requires a sigil. I actually have yet another new wizard about ready for the labyrinth. I'll run through it and report back what I find.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
OK. So, there are sigils... right away in fact at the pyromancer's tomb. Therefore, I'm pretty sure the only way is to leave someone in the labyrinth that you can port to after completing the obsidian chest quests. On the bright side, as soon as you get the quest from Ashley, you can port to your friend in the Labyrinth and get that chest first, then complete the rest of the quest. That way your buddy doesn't have to wait around forever.