Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Horrible dungeon recall glitch.

AuthorMessage
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
So my myth and ice duo were in a dungeon today~ 4 bosses vs. 2 little wizards meant that they got defeated at some point (duh).

They had already killed one of the bosses by then. So, when I clicked Dungeon Recall, I figured that it would put them right back where they'd left off...

Wrong.

Not only did they have to start the entire thing over, but the Dungeon Recall feature actually put them into two separate instances. Each one got ported into the dungeon alone, against all 4 bosses, which I think is why they had to start over. I had to port one to the other to ensure that they were in the same dungeon, and it ended up being a tremendous waste of time.

I'm hoping that one or both of these is a bug. Is Dungeon Recall not supposed to put you right back where you were before? Isn't that the whole point?

-von

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I understand them getting recalled into different instances being a bug, but the bosses coming back isn't a bug. Bosses in almost all instances and dungeons reset if no one survives. In some instances minions don't reset, but Bosses almost always do. For example, you cannot kill one of the Coven, die and recall and expect to fight only 3, unless there is still a wizard alive in that battle.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Dr Von on Mar 29, 2014 wrote:
So my myth and ice duo were in a dungeon today~ 4 bosses vs. 2 little wizards meant that they got defeated at some point (duh).

They had already killed one of the bosses by then. So, when I clicked Dungeon Recall, I figured that it would put them right back where they'd left off...

Wrong.

Not only did they have to start the entire thing over, but the Dungeon Recall feature actually put them into two separate instances. Each one got ported into the dungeon alone, against all 4 bosses, which I think is why they had to start over. I had to port one to the other to ensure that they were in the same dungeon, and it ended up being a tremendous waste of time.

I'm hoping that one or both of these is a bug. Is Dungeon Recall not supposed to put you right back where you were before? Isn't that the whole point?

-von
It is suppose to put you back in the original instance you left, but not at the same exact spot you left in the dungeon. It always puts you back at the entrance of the inside portion of the dungeon. I personally used it several times today and it worked as intended. However, I've seen other posts about others not getting back into their original dungeons like in your case. I wonder if highly populated realms have something to do with it.

It would seem the chances of getting a complete dungeon reset is still there from before. The only difference now, is that Dungeon Recall prevents someone else from jumping on your sigil when attempting to reenter and thereby increasing the chances of getting a complete dungeon reset.