Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Break down reagents?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 20, 2008
So you know how you can transmute reagents? I think KI should make a crafting option where you can break down reagents. For example, you need 10 stone blocks to make 1 sandstone, right? I think you should be able to reverse that, and turn 1 sandstone into 10 stone blocks, and the same for all other reagents. Because crafting is so competitive, you can't buy anything or find anything anymore. And I have plenty of sandstone, but I don't need them, I DO need stone blocks though. I don't see any downsides to this idea at the moment, but there could be some.

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
I agree, this idea has been proposed before and yet to gain any traction. Hopefully something will happen.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Sarah DeathBringer on Mar 26, 2014 wrote:
So you know how you can transmute reagents? I think KI should make a crafting option where you can break down reagents. For example, you need 10 stone blocks to make 1 sandstone, right? I think you should be able to reverse that, and turn 1 sandstone into 10 stone blocks, and the same for all other reagents. Because crafting is so competitive, you can't buy anything or find anything anymore. And I have plenty of sandstone, but I don't need them, I DO need stone blocks though. I don't see any downsides to this idea at the moment, but there could be some.
Im one of the people who suggested this and I still believe we should be able to do it. It would be nice to take all the top level reagents I have and dissolve them to their most basic parts. Then, I'd be able to do with them what i want. I could convert sunstone into fossil with a 3 way transmutation: Suntstone --> Sandstone --> Stone Block --> Fossil

Survivor
Aug 20, 2008
dayerider on Mar 27, 2014 wrote:
Im one of the people who suggested this and I still believe we should be able to do it. It would be nice to take all the top level reagents I have and dissolve them to their most basic parts. Then, I'd be able to do with them what i want. I could convert sunstone into fossil with a 3 way transmutation: Suntstone --> Sandstone --> Stone Block --> Fossil
Exactly! I see absolutely no downsides to this. Except you literally won't be able to find reagents in the Bazaar. But are there any creatures in Krokotopia that drop it, they are regular mobs? I prefer to do a quick kill so it won't be as time consuming - or anywhere, really, that's MooShu down to Wizard City.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Sarah DeathBringer on Mar 29, 2014 wrote:
Exactly! I see absolutely no downsides to this. Except you literally won't be able to find reagents in the Bazaar. But are there any creatures in Krokotopia that drop it, they are regular mobs? I prefer to do a quick kill so it won't be as time consuming - or anywhere, really, that's MooShu down to Wizard City.
I dont think it would make it much worse, in fact, it would make people more self sufficient. Sunstone, Sandstone and Fossils, as one example, are already a total PITA to get from the bazaar. You REALLY have to get lucky to be able to snag them. This way, with Sunstone, Sandstone and fossils all broken down to Stone blocks, I could manipulate what I want when I want it.