Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Muted players

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 15, 2011
Y'all should add extra chat settings for muted players, like, sorry I'm muted, or stuff like that. That would be great and it would help out a lot of us.
Gabriel rainbowshield lvl 95

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Gabriel rainbowshi... on Mar 23, 2014 wrote:
Y'all should add extra chat settings for muted players, like, sorry I'm muted, or stuff like that. That would be great and it would help out a lot of us.
this already exists in the menu~ the phrase is "sorry, i don't have text chat".

-von

Survivor
Jan 06, 2014
Well, it's your fault you got muted. I don't think you deserve chatting privalages unless KI thinks otherwise.

Defender
Jan 03, 2013
Been trying to tell them that for some time... Since I was muted as well, it isn't "exactly helpful" when we don't have the words, "I have muted chat or I am muted sorry, but I can still hear you!"
My way to beat around the bush was to use my secondary account as a speaking assist, if I am in a dungeon I make the two join group chat and then recruit the other two members and then remove the mute, ask them to have the fourth join. Tada talking made simple. :P
If Wizard could comply with this it makes the realm of menu chat so much easier, and I know what they'll say... "Text chat is a privilege..." True, but if we put ourselves to a somewhat embarrassing stand point of actually telling the person we are muted wont that be a substitute as a part of the privilege loss and some of its embarrassing set backs for all to see? Works both ways.
The UK Version when you begin is entirely all Text Chat, but I think they do resort to mutings and such when trouble has occurred.
In my case, ya it may not have been necessary to joke with my friends on the topic I used but rules are enforced as a general and sometimes things cant change. I don't feel this will change and youll have to resort to another way to tell them, like I have.

Defender
Jan 02, 2011
Gabriel rainbowshi... on Mar 23, 2014 wrote:
There needs to be a new icon for muted people. Right now, there's no way to know if they are muted or just using menu chat to be annoying.

And that is highly annoying.

If I'm talking to someone, I don't want to spend a lot of time typing out comments they can only use menu chat to answer. I want to know that they're going to be limited to the lousy selection of comments in menu chat and not waste my time talking to them.