Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

After 7 Golden Pips?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 02, 2009
I have been playing Wizard 101 for many years, seen the wizards grow in power and grow concerned for the future. The pip count is hard capped (the maximum a wizard or mob can attain) at 7 gold pips. While 7 gold pips is a lot of power (equal to 14 white), it still leaves only 2 gold pips to go before the spells are at max potential. After 7 gold pips, what is the plan to expand the wizard 101 universe? The game is still a rich universe and a great safe place for all to enjoy.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
Bucisfav on Mar 22, 2014 wrote:
I have been playing Wizard 101 for many years, seen the wizards grow in power and grow concerned for the future. The pip count is hard capped (the maximum a wizard or mob can attain) at 7 gold pips. While 7 gold pips is a lot of power (equal to 14 white), it still leaves only 2 gold pips to go before the spells are at max potential. After 7 gold pips, what is the plan to expand the wizard 101 universe? The game is still a rich universe and a great safe place for all to enjoy.
We now have shadow pips. I think after 14 pips, they might make spells which are 14 pips, and 2 shadow pips, or etc. That might be fun

Survivor
Jan 06, 2014
They will probably use those Shadow Pips as a way to upgrade your spells. They probably will give you attack spells like with 8 pips and 2 shadow pips. Take this for example.
Your drawing a Efreet but hey, look, a Shadow Card! It gives 500+ Damage and a Stun for one round! Since your Efreet has both of those, it's more efficent so it's around 1500 damage and stuns for two rounds! I bet they are probably going to make new spells but with pips and Shadow Pips. That or they could make a ring of pips around you.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2014
You see, having another type of pips right now would cause connection problems because of the downloading, plus; it isn't needed at the moment.

Wizard101 expands world by world, over a course of 1-3 years, even then, it wouldn't be needed for a good month because you wouldn't be able to level as easy requiring more experience, causing people to be slower at developing their wizards.

I hope I could answer your question.

Regards, LS.