Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Custom Equuipment

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 26, 2010
I've been thinking about this for a while now... Suppose you could "design" your own equipment?

You could craft it, pay with gold, or crowns (which would make KI a fortune, but at the same time leave a lot of people not being able to participate). I'm all in favor of the crafting method. It could work something like this...

Say you already have clothing that you have won in a battle or from a card pack, that you already use. OK, you already use stats like these anyway so, no harm there.

You go to, let's say the seamstress. Pick out a style of clothing you want. You just buy the clothing with gold. Now, I want to add some +?% to my damage stats. There would be like a menu, like in crafting, or for using gold or crowns, however the designers set this up. Say for every +1% of damage I want my clothing to have, I have to have X amount of reagents, gold, or crowns. I can do this at any time by being able to complete the requirement.

For gold or crowns, it's just a matter of having the right amount to spend. But for crafting these items, it would depend on your school. Say your character is Fire. You need like, all 999 of a particular Fire reagent to give to get that +1% damage on your clothes. But, suppose I could dedicate that +1% to any particular type of attack. If I'm wearing a Life Mastery Amulet, the +1% could be useful on a Life attack, not Fire. So, I would need 999 Life reagents, not Fire.

This could be added to any stat for any piece of equipment. Not to say to hog it all and build until you have +100% Fire damage on your clothing, hat, shoes, athame, wand, pet, etc. Your stat would top out when all of your equipment reaches +100%. So you couldn't have +300% Fire damage because you crafted +100% on your hat, another +100% on your shoes, and another on your clothes.

When you first start crafting, and are awarded your first badge, you will be able to start customizing your equipment. But only to a certain point. Say up to +20%, until you reach your next crafting level.

I wouldn't want to make it so easy that someone could just go out and buy or craft until they are +100% on all stats. But don't make it impossible either. Crowns would leave a lot of people out of it. PVP tickets would only be useful to die-hard PVP players. I'm not one of those and would never reach that goal. I spend more time questing, and I don't have hour upon hour, day after day, to quest, much less to PVP for the rest of my life. And by crafting the equipment, you won't be plagued by every non-member in the Commons begging you to gift them for a stat upgrade. They will have to become a member. Or, for many, wish they hadn't lost their account, which could be why they are stuck in the free area to start with.

Anyway, what are your thoughts on customizing your own equipment, just the way you would like to have it?

Defender
Dec 08, 2012
I'm sorry but this is a horrible idea. If you're considering in terms of customizing the stats of a piece of gear, then Kingsisle will NEVER support this. Customizing your own look of clothing is one thing but customizing your own stats on a piece of clothes is something that Kingsisle will NEVER support and will never do. Sure it'll be cool and all but if you do this often enough, people at like Level 95 will practically have like 400% damage, 100% resistance, 50+% Accuracy, 500+ Critical Rating, 400+ Critical Block, and so on and then they'll be able to go into PvP and kill everyone they meet. Before you know it, this idea would go out of control if people was be able to do this 'cause people will then be crazy for power. If you was talking about customizing your own appearance of clothes to stich with your current clothes, then that's something I would support but customizing your own stats on a piece of gear will get way out of hand and I'm not gonna support this in any way. I'm sorry but that's just a horrible idea 'cause people will then become crazy for power until they reach so high in power that they can kill anyone in PvP and get to Warlord in no time with a rank number of like 4000+. Once again, designing appearance only gear for yourself is one thing, designing your own stats is another. All of the pieces of gear that Kingsisle makes has their stats for a reason. Storm's health and accuracy is low because of how much damage and critical they have. Ice gets low damage and critical because they can get a lot of health, resistance and critical block. Each school, each spell, and each piece of gear has it's ups and downs for a reason, the reason is to balance the battlefield of all schools that way no one has the upper hand over anyone else. Think about it, customizing your own stats will give storm more health and accuracy therefore they'll be strong and have as much health as everyone else which will unbalance the battlefield. Think about it carefully...

Survivor
Jul 31, 2011
How about this....

For +5% Damage- 25,000 Gold.

Thats the base, you can't go above that, meaning you have to but 5% for 25K everytime.

For +10% Critical- 32,000 Gold
For +5% Resistance- 60,000 Gold
For +15% Block- 45,000 Gold
For +3 Accuracy- 10,000 Gold.
For Healing in/out- +10%- 20,000 Gold

Also, I think you should add it so Crowns can by these things, but not limited to Crowns buying them.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
I agree with Deathschoolwizard. This is way too overpowered and would be incredibly unfair to those without crowns/who hate crafting for the slow torture it is.

-von

Survivor
Jan 06, 2014
I got the perfect idea.
For lvl 50-, you can't use Pierce, Critical, or Block
Also, it would cost a fee of 10 K for 10% and the max is 100 but the thing is, another stat would go down and you would be refunded because we don't want KI stealing our gold and crowns when another one decreases. It also depends on the lvl, so the max you can go is on clothes you can get at the Bazaar so like at lvl's 1-10, you can only upgrade to 5% at max to keep things in the balance. Now, let's go with a example:
I am a lvl 5 with 100,000 gold from selling things from my lvl 95
I can only increase my stats up to 5% so I increase in damage but for each 1% Dmg I got up, 1% is being lost to Resist to balance it. So, each time I go up, it costs 1 K gold or 10 Crowns to incrase that stat. Now when my resist goes down, you can essentially get Gold only but if your money cheating, the system will detect it and will ban you from using it for a certain period of time. Not permanent though. The max would be 2 weeks of a Ban so money hungry people would get a punishment if they were abusing it. You can also only use it once per day so you don't change it the second you comfirm it. The second try however, you get refunds, I will now do my example.
Starting States: 4% Dmg, 2% Accuracy, 1% Resist
Raise up Dmg to 5%. Resist lowers to 0%. Now, if I could keep on going over the cap, I would be able to go the max of 7% Dmg but it has to be a 5 to keep it fair. I now raise up my accuracy to 3% and since I have no more resist, it goes for the damage and knocks it back down to 4%. So, I got 4% Dmg, 3% Accuracy, and 0% Resist which seems good enough for a Storm Build.
What it costs: 1000 for raising up the dmg to 5+1% on the Resist so it would = 2 K Gold. You could now stich it and sell it to the Bazaar. You would start off with 100 copies of it and all that are bought will earn you 2 K Gold each time. I would make it a 5+ lvl and place it probably at the Harvest-lord.
(To be continued)