Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Messages?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 21, 2012
I was battling and I got a badge, probably my 20th badge or so. The thing on the side came up and when I clicked on it, it was like, "Yay, you got your 1st badge!" Sometimes when I come online it comes up and says, "Your dorm is ready!" when I have LONG moved out of my dorm. I have no idea what is going on! Is this only me or is this happening to anyone else?
Good luck....again.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
It usually happens when you switch to a different or new computer. Because those files are not already on your computer it assumes this is your first time experiencing that event. This data is apparently not stored server side (the pop ups).

It will also occasionally happen after a new patch. That is why after a new world goes live, the forums will traditionally light up with "why is Merle asking to come back if he has nothing for me".

Defender
Jan 02, 2011
Oran of Urz on Mar 20, 2014 wrote:
It usually happens when you switch to a different or new computer. Because those files are not already on your computer it assumes this is your first time experiencing that event. This data is apparently not stored server side (the pop ups).

It will also occasionally happen after a new patch. That is why after a new world goes live, the forums will traditionally light up with "why is Merle asking to come back if he has nothing for me".
yeah, it's not saved on the server and it should be. There should be a file of some sort on the server side that stores all sorts of stuff like that.
It's not just if the game's been reinstalled or installed on a new computer that this happens, either.

I lost connection a couple nights ago, was frustrated and just closed the wizard101 window. Now my wizards on that account are getting those messages. The game apparently didn't write something out correctly, or deleted something or overwrote something between the losing connection and the abrupt window closing.