Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The only way to defeat Malistaire...

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jan 13, 2010
I think that Malistaire should come back.Though this is what happened. Morganthe knew she was no match for Malistaire, so she needed a way for him to go into a fit and try to take over the world. That was by poisoning Sylvia. It gave her two bonuses. There were only two people who could defeat Morganthe, and that was Sylvia and Merle Ambrose. So after Sylvia died, she got both of her bonuses.
Now, he poisoned Merle Ambrose so he would die. There is only one known cure. You have to go and get it. After you get it, and after Merle is healed, I think that we should finally see Merle Ambrose duel Morganthe. They go hard out.

That would be epic.

Survivor
Mar 04, 2012
Malistare does come back (spoiler) in xibalbia as morthgange's servent.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Cole Dunerunner on Mar 16, 2014 wrote:
I think that Malistaire should come back.Though this is what happened. Morganthe knew she was no match for Malistaire, so she needed a way for him to go into a fit and try to take over the world. That was by poisoning Sylvia. It gave her two bonuses. There were only two people who could defeat Morganthe, and that was Sylvia and Merle Ambrose. So after Sylvia died, she got both of her bonuses.
Now, he poisoned Merle Ambrose so he would die. There is only one known cure. You have to go and get it. After you get it, and after Merle is healed, I think that we should finally see Merle Ambrose duel Morganthe. They go hard out.

That would be epic.
oh gosh, that would be so awesome! merle and mally and sylvia all teaming up against morganthe; i would pay actual money to see that fight play out onscreen; it's almost more awesomeness than even my imagination can handle.

/mad fan-girl-ing.

i (and a few others on these boards) have long suspected that morganthe had something to do with sylvia's death. and i sincerely doubt that malistaire is "gone", as king a. said on that q&a thread a while back... the self-professed master of death wouldn't just walk away from a fight; i am almost 100 percent certain that we haven't seen the last of him.

mally will make a comeback of epic proportions and, when he does, there will be lots of people running away screaming (or, if you're von, chasing after him with hugs and cookies).

-von "good guys always win, but the villains have more fun" shadowsong
half-evil malistaire minion and fan-girl #1

Survivor
Apr 27, 2012
Well I think the closest of Malistaire coming back is Malistaire the Undying in Azteca. As I said, I really don't know if thats a return of Malistaire or whatnot. But that battle would be epic between Merle and Morganthe. //

Historian
May 15, 2009
well you do get to fight malistaire again, but he is undead.

he is a boss called Malistaire the undying and he can't be attack or defeated at all. in order to win the fight you have to best his minions

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
King Artorius (AKA one of the writers for Wizard101) already said that Morganth had nothing to do with Sylvia's death.

-Nick level 95

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Nicholas Hawkspear on Mar 16, 2014 wrote:
King Artorius (AKA one of the writers for Wizard101) already said that Morganth had nothing to do with Sylvia's death.

-Nick level 95
well, you don't just rip someone out of his grave for no reason. morganthe obviously needed mally for something... what is the common link between them? sylvia (and maybe bartleby's missing eye) seems the only logical explanation.

king a. also said that he wasn't going to "tell" us anything about the plot. as a writer myself, there are just way too many holes in that storyline~ things that either don't add up or make no sense whatsoever.

1) when we meet him on xibalba, undead mally is angry with the player character, when he has no real reason to be; we helped reunite him with sylvia, even if not in the manner he had intended.

2) if sylvia truly was the greatest life professor, she would have been the pinnacle of life and health and would not have died from "a common cold"; either her death was staged, accidental, or assisted in some way.

3) bartleby's missing eye. we learn early on that mally stole it, but it's been 90 levels since then and we still have no idea where it is or what happened to it.

anyway, that's my rant... i'm off to work now, more later.

-von "super fan-girl #1" shadowsong
literary crusader, vanquisher of plot-holes everywhere!

Delver
Jan 13, 2010
Guys, uh, I know about Malistaire the Undying. I've defeated him.