Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sunken city

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 08, 2014
When in sunken city to find proof that grubb is real, I used a friend to help. When we got the grubb and battled him I "died" and my friend finished the battle and defeated him. But when I went back to get the proof grubb was No longer there and I can't Finnish the quest because sense I was there when the battle was over I couldn't get the proof. Any ideas on what to do?

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Crazykidintown204 on Feb 17, 2014 wrote:
When in sunken city to find proof that grubb is real, I used a friend to help. When we got the grubb and battled him I "died" and my friend finished the battle and defeated him. But when I went back to get the proof grubb was No longer there and I can't Finnish the quest because sense I was there when the battle was over I couldn't get the proof. Any ideas on what to do?
You must be present in the fight to defeat the monster the quest has given you. If you are not there because you were defeated and your friend defeated the monster while you were gone it does not count for you.

You must reset the instance and repeat it and be present when Grub is defeated for it to count. This will be the same way though out the game so it's important to learn when and when not to defeat a monster if others are low on health.

Mary

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Crazykidintown204 on Feb 17, 2014 wrote:
Sadly, start over.
This time mark your spot anywhere in the dungeon and immediately port back in (have your potions full and use one) if defeated.

Survivor
Jul 06, 2012
You have to redo the dungeon. You don't get credit if a friend finishes the duel, unless you port back before the boss is dead (if you are dead but still there, you need to get health quickly otherwise you will get sent back to the common area and have to restart the quest). Sorry, it's annoying for everyone!
Next time, keep this in mind!

Sarah Moonshade
Grandmaster Conjurer

Summon Legends, be a Legend.

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
Sunken city isn't really that hard to solo if you are persistent. Time consuming, yes, hard, no. The key point is that once you defeat a monster, it never comes back as long as the instance stays open. In the boss fights with three opponents don't worry about winning outright on the first try, your goal on the first try should be to just pick off one minion. If you are defeated at that point you can come back and face only two opponents, and if they are still too hard just pick off the other minion and come back to fight the boss alone. Similarly, the street monsters that are so hard to avoid don't get replaced if you defeat them, if you keep getting stuck in unwanted street fights just keep knocking them down, once the numbers thin out it is much easier to find a gap to slip through. The main issue is to make sure you have enough time before you start to finish the whole instance. Figure at least an hour, probably more like two, maybe even three if your fighting style is slow.

Also be aware that completing sunken city isn't required for anything important, all completing it really does is remove the entry from your quest journal. It goes a lot quicker if you leave it until you are level 30 or so...