Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Silver Chests Not giving any reward

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 02, 2013
Today I won twice on silver chests on the moon cliffs and received nothing. It displays you have won but there is nothing given.

Survivor
Jun 01, 2013
this is pretty normal, you could open 10 chests a day and not get anything useful
The best ive gotten is a treasure card, and ive opened a lot of silver chests.

Abigail Dawnblossom

lvl 19

Survivor
Mar 17, 2014
avia939 on Feb 27, 2014 wrote:
this is pretty normal, you could open 10 chests a day and not get anything useful
The best ive gotten is a treasure card, and ive opened a lot of silver chests.

Abigail Dawnblossom

lvl 19
Sorry for necro-ing this thread, but Silver Chests have been bugging me.

I recently came back to Wizard101 a couple weeks ago after a multiple year absence. On my first Wizards, running about Wizard City, I found quite a few of these "Silver Chests." I would guesstimate that between 75-80% of my wins gave my wizard nothing. No XP. No Gold. No Item. Nothing when I won. I started recording the Silver Chest games just for posterity.

I have since deleted those first few Wizards and moved on to other school combos. Lately, it seems the frequency of the Silver Chests has gone down noticeably. I know there are lots of factors in their popping up, like how busy the server/area is at any given time.

I was just curious if Silver Chests are "working as intended" and if their numbers had been pared down a touch in Wizard City (I have yet to go to any other world yet). Or maybe, hadn't really thought about this, do they appear more frequently according to a Wizard's level?

Explorer
Jan 17, 2011
KevinGoldShield on Feb 16, 2014 wrote:
Today I won twice on silver chests on the moon cliffs and received nothing. It displays you have won but there is nothing given.
Either this is the bug where you open a chest and it gives you nothing until you log in again or you apparently had the slim chance of receiving nothing.

-Brianna Starsong, legendary sorcerer