Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fix Match Making System?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 09, 2009
So i am a private and i get matched with warlords and they get to go first? I don't think i can ever get out if i keep getting matched with warlords.

Survivor
Aug 23, 2010
Well, to be honest I see nothing wrong with the rank system I mean the level matching is fair and what not and, I am going to tell you that right now that rank doesn't mean a thing, I have to say it's all about skill level.
I'd advise you to fight fire with fire, you know they're going to use treasure cards, so why not spice it up by using some tricky treasure cards yourself? trust me if you practice enough, get a few tips, and use those treasure you'll be one happy camper .

P.S. The only reason I highly recommend Treasure Cards is because you know never know what your opponent might do so if they do pull something tricky you could counter whatever they do :P
And also they make your stronger obviously and who doesn't want to be stronger? So go out there and do your best rooting for you out there

Explorer
Feb 19, 2013
The matching system is so bad many people have stopped playing PVP.

KI has done this on purpose to force you to purchase packs or crown gear in the hopes that you might win a match with a significantly higher ranked/Level player.

Level 40 Warlord with PVP Gear against a Level 10 with regular gear.

Happens all the time, my level 8 is forced to face level 38 or 39 most of the time. I stopped playing Ranked PVP for this very reason. I do not remember the last time I played a wizard lower than 35.

The matching system is not broken, it is intended to produce unfair matches in the hopes you will spend a great deal of money to get gear that gives you an outside chance of winning.

Survivor
Mar 23, 2012
Duncan Grimwater on Feb 9, 2014 wrote:
Well, to be honest I see nothing wrong with the rank system I mean the level matching is fair and what not and, I am going to tell you that right now that rank doesn't mean a thing, I have to say it's all about skill level.
I'd advise you to fight fire with fire, you know they're going to use treasure cards, so why not spice it up by using some tricky treasure cards yourself? trust me if you practice enough, get a few tips, and use those treasure you'll be one happy camper .

P.S. The only reason I highly recommend Treasure Cards is because you know never know what your opponent might do so if they do pull something tricky you could counter whatever they do :P
And also they make your stronger obviously and who doesn't want to be stronger? So go out there and do your best rooting for you out there
Uhhhh..... No. My level 61 myth pvp's a bunch of 95 with unblockable critical at my level, even with conviction. I find the match system to be "broken" and the horrible truth is that it will always be like that. Best part is when ever I fight someone with shadow magic or like almost 6k health, they go first. Nothing better than fighting someone with more than double my health + shadow magic from second. It just makes my day

Survivor
Aug 23, 2010
Jellybeans yummy on Feb 11, 2014 wrote:
Uhhhh..... No. My level 61 myth pvp's a bunch of 95 with unblockable critical at my level, even with conviction. I find the match system to be "broken" and the horrible truth is that it will always be like that. Best part is when ever I fight someone with shadow magic or like almost 6k health, they go first. Nothing better than fighting someone with more than double my health + shadow magic from second. It just makes my day
:p Quite honestly I can deeply understand the critical thing from Promethean players, but you have to realize there are ways around it and so your job is to figure out how. I am a level 71 and I have beaten some Promethean players (Some easier than others XD) Plus if you want deal with the critical just get more critical block! that's what I did even though they get by sometimes it doesn't happen all the time which means I can still pull off a win, but obviously not all the time. Now the shadow magic thing...... well all I got to say is just do what you can... not much works, but still trying to see what works best on it, for right now all I have been doing is using weakness on it as much as possible. The subject of the pvp matching system being "Broken" is just personal opinion so whether you think it is or not well, that's on you :) so I won't get into it.

Just what I am trying to say here is that it's a game you know? something is going to be broken, your going to have rude players all that stuff, but we learn to eventually deal with it( some of us) it's really just a matter of who can adapt and who can't. so really I would say just pvp for fun and do your best out there.

Duncan Leaf, level 71 Just doing my thing XD

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
Jellybeans yummy on Feb 11, 2014 wrote:
Shadow magic is easy to defeat with a life wizard on your team and I didn't use a tc card at all.

That was when my balance Was lvl 79 now she lvl 80. And her name Amy and sorry all you tc warlord for reporting you.

Survivor
Jan 12, 2009
The matching system in the ranked PvP is so messed up. My brother and I are only level 12 and level 15 and we were faced up against a level 22 and level 31. This is beyond unfair and really makes me hate PvP.
I have no problem facing people a couple levels higher, but almost ten levels or twenty levels higher is beyond ridiculous. We hardly even put a dent in their health before we both ran out of cards. This issue really needs to be fixed if you want to keep people playing PvP.

Angel Deathhunter Lvl. 51
Angel Ashblood Lvl. 50
Aedan Hawkthorn Lvl. 12