Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

right level?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 15, 2012
I am at the point where I just finished the bad news... quest, so I just started mooshu. Some people say that level 33 is a low level to start mooshu, some say it is a decent level, and some say it is a very high level, but that all depends on what level you were when you started. I say it is a low level because the bosses seem hard for just a level 33 balance. In my theory I think I am a low level to start mooshu because I did not do the side quests. Though I don't really want to go back to marley bone and do the side quests because it is so easy to get into a battle with a those creatures rummaging around because there are no sidewalks. And when I was there I really missed the daylight because it was always dark there also I want to start a new world. So I am asking, what is your opinion? Is level 33 a high level to start mooshu, a decent level, or a low level?

Flint winterleaf
level 33

Delver
Oct 29, 2013
Have you done the side worlds of Wysteria and Grizzleheim? Doing so could help level you up some, though not a lot because the XP and gold return in Grizzleheim isn't great by any means. (Wintertusk makes up for that!!!) There's daylight and sidewalks/paths in both of those worlds too.

Miranda Nightsinger, Transcendent Necromancer
Calamity Windbane, Magus Diviner

Defender
Jul 03, 2012
Eh I started at level 30, and I'm a death. I still continued on and got to Khrysalis quickly. After doing so many bosses in Khrysalis in Tyrian Gorge, I reached the level cap. So don't worry about your level.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
XWizard MasterX on Feb 1, 2014 wrote:
I am at the point where I just finished the bad news... quest, so I just started mooshu. Some people say that level 33 is a low level to start mooshu, some say it is a decent level, and some say it is a very high level, but that all depends on what level you were when you started. I say it is a low level because the bosses seem hard for just a level 33 balance. In my theory I think I am a low level to start mooshu because I did not do the side quests. Though I don't really want to go back to marley bone and do the side quests because it is so easy to get into a battle with a those creatures rummaging around because there are no sidewalks. And when I was there I really missed the daylight because it was always dark there also I want to start a new world. So I am asking, what is your opinion? Is level 33 a high level to start mooshu, a decent level, or a low level?

Flint winterleaf
level 33
There's no such thing as right or wrong levels unless there is a level requirement to get into an area/world.
Level 33 is fine to start Mooshu. I've started at lesser levels and right around there.

The problem you will run into is getting to Dragonspyre and completing that too soon. Then you're stuck and have to go do the side quests anyway.
Stop and take your time. Do side quests that interest you and have fun. It is a game, after all.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2012

Flint winterleaf
level 33
I think that lvl 33 is too low to start mooshu.
In my opinion if you skip the side quests you are not prepared for higher rank mobs.
Side quests give you XP so you can lvl up faster and train more powerful spells.
You also don't have to do all the side quests just the ones that give a lot of XP.
You can find out the XP rewards by looking at the bottom of the quest so you can decide to accept of decline.
Hope this was helpful.

Jasmine Jadestone
Adept Necromancer

Survivor
Aug 21, 2010
Level 33? Yeah, absolutely fine! I have a there at the moment, just about t face the final boss and he's only level 37! (The bosses aren't that difficult, but if you're finding the world hard I suggest doing Wysteria and/or Grizzleheim first!)

Isaac Moonshard, level 79

Archon
Feb 07, 2011

Flint winterleaf
level 33
It all depends on how you play your wizard, but level 30-40 is the average.

My balance wizard did side quests, and she was about your level when she started Mooshu. More recently, my myth/ice team (who does not do side quests) started at level 28 and were done with it by level 37... if you're finding it difficult, perhaps your gear or deck setup may be to blame.

If you can tell me what cards you're using and what your stats are like, I can help further. :)

-von
promethean x3

Survivor
Sep 15, 2012
Miranda Nightsinge... on Feb 2, 2014 wrote:
Have you done the side worlds of Wysteria and Grizzleheim? Doing so could help level you up some, though not a lot because the XP and gold return in Grizzleheim isn't great by any means. (Wintertusk makes up for that!!!) There's daylight and sidewalks/paths in both of those worlds too.

Miranda Nightsinger, Transcendent Necromancer
Calamity Windbane, Magus Diviner
That's what I probably need to do is to do the Grizzleheim quests, but I did all of the Wysteria quests.