Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Loremaster; Spell List and Drop Rates

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 28, 2010
I have only gotten one Lore Master Spell which is Goat Monk. I think the best way to get a spell is to defeat all enemies at once. That is What i did and it worked. This is just a tip and there is no guarantee that anyone will have the same results. From EM

Survivor
Oct 01, 2011
I have farmed loremaster for 4 days and got nothing to show but tc and never have i once on any character got anything from her. Is there a bug or she just doesnt drop the cards anymore. I tried solo and with people no luck.
Noah Firestone lvl 100

Survivor
Mar 01, 2011
What I REALLY want to know is if loremaster is still dropping the Krampus spell. After farming her for more than 2,000 fights, i have not got one krampus tc or spell. The last I heard, she was still dropping this spell but have not seen one shred of evidence that this is still true.

Survivor
Mar 01, 2011
For those that are curious, I've kept a tally on how many times it would take to get deer knight on my death wizard and loremaster on my balance wizard. I also kept note of when I would get a spell and what the spell was.

Death- 30 fights (fomori), 70 fights (catalan), 90 fights (samoorai), 226 fights (weaver), 300 fights (brimstone), 380 fights (loremaster), 730 fights (deer knight).

Balance- 397 fights ((deer knight (yes, it took 397 fights before my balance got her first spell)), 418 fights (weaver), 508 fights (savage paw), 550 fights (keeper), 633 fights (goat monk), 718 fights (winter moon), 765 fights (lord of night), 863 fights (samoorai), 1,118 fights (fomori), 1,364 fights (ninja pigs), 1,375 fights (LORE MASTER) finally.

During this process, I used a promo storm alongside my death and balance. My storm fought her 2,105 currently and has all of the loremaster spells.

Defender
Jun 29, 2014
Professor Greyrose on Feb 1, 2014 wrote:
We do not release information about the probability of getting an item as a reward from a duel. You may get the item you want on the first try, you may get the item you want on the ten thousandth try. Each duel has exactly the same chance of getting the item, it's not cumulative.
so what you guys mean, you dont control the battle drop?

Explorer
Dec 16, 2012
carlosmi11 on Oct 27, 2014 wrote:
so what you guys mean, you dont control the battle drop?
There is no way they would be able to hire enough people to pick from a list of items to give to players after a successful battle; what they do instead is to code the game so that a computer generates a pseudo-random number which then determines what drops. Basically, the drop chances are built into the game.

Survivor
May 10, 2014
Has anyone ever gotten all 14 spells from the "Loremaster"? I have 13 and after I got #13 I have gone for almost 2 months now and gotten nothing. As I am fire #13 was a fire spell and #14 is the other fire spell!. So my guess is that I will NEVER get #14. As the drop rate changes once you have the first 13. I also know a player who spent the better part of two months and never got the first one and quit!

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
I've yet to get a spell from the Loremaster after 20 fights, so I can safely say the drop rate at the moment is zero percent.

Survivor
Apr 29, 2014
my husband has been farming loremaster for about 6 months and still has not gotten any permanent spells. he finally managed to craft deer knight. he took his level 95 death in with me and my level 14 death. i got deer knight on the first fight. is there some correlation between the level of the characters and the possibility of a permanent spell drop? because my fire guy had the same thing, at about level 30.

Survivor
Oct 31, 2010
I have been farming for about 18-50 times a week and I have been farming for like 1 year and I have no spells exept a lord of night I got fron the shamans lore pack. Is the drop rate/randomness rate higher on packs then on the loremaster? I want answers.

Survivor
Sep 13, 2011
O.K this is just really frustrating and boring. You people talking about 2000 fights, try one fight every 6 mins for 8 hours per day for SEVEN days without one drop. I've leveled my low level who doesnt do anything but shield 3 times. It's ridiculous. Then there are other people I'm talking to getting 3 spells on their first day of trying. Come one now K.I help a brother out.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
i would really like to know how you get spells from the lore master. i have fought her like a million times, but haven't gotten any spells. i don't think there is another way save fighting her over and over, but if there is, can someone please let me know? someone told me that her chest gives them. is that true? help!

Survivor
Jun 28, 2014
Look, I am fine with an ultra rare drop rate for any spell itself. However, at the very least you could improve the drop rate for the TC needed to craft the spell! I mean come on. Crafting the spell requires a long investment in leveling your crafting skill. Then there is the farming for the Amber which only drop off of 5 bosses (maybe more now with Darkmoor) and a requirement that a person have 10 of those Amber which are equally hard to transmute. The only saving grace on the Amber is if you happen to have the plants which have a chance to drop it, which requires a Rank 15 gardening skill to buy the seeds that can drop it unless you are lucky enough to get a rare drop.

I have farmed, admittedly not as much as others, and hunted the Bazaar for the TC for Deer Knight and I only ever come across the one for Lord of Night. I think I have one Deer Knight TC. There is a point when the requirements to attain something border on dumb. It takes far, far, far far more work to craft a spell than gain it through a drop. That is evident in the work required to level crafting period. The TC should be slightly easier to attain given the required number and the other ingredients required for the spell to be crafted. That is just my two cents on the subject, but I am sure KI has their reasons.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Shadow 343 on Dec 3, 2014 wrote:
i would really like to know how you get spells from the lore master. i have fought her like a million times, but haven't gotten any spells. i don't think there is another way save fighting her over and over, but if there is, can someone please let me know? someone told me that her chest gives them. is that true? help!
There is no sure way to get spells from her, there is only the random chance of a drop that comes when you defeat her. The drop rate is very low, thus you have all these posts complaining about it.

I think the chest gives the same random chance that the initial battle does -- so it is a huge risk and mostly a waste of crowns to try that route.

So really, the only way to get spells from her is to do what you have done -- fight her "like a million times" and hope you get lucky.

You can craft the spells once you get to a high enough level also.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2014
FinnAgainWindrider on Dec 5, 2014 wrote:
There is no sure way to get spells from her, there is only the random chance of a drop that comes when you defeat her. The drop rate is very low, thus you have all these posts complaining about it.

I think the chest gives the same random chance that the initial battle does -- so it is a huge risk and mostly a waste of crowns to try that route.

So really, the only way to get spells from her is to do what you have done -- fight her "like a million times" and hope you get lucky.

You can craft the spells once you get to a high enough level also.
I enjoyed the part where you said you can craft it when you get high enough level. Yeah, good luck getting the treasure cards. You will have an easier time collecting the required Amber for the spell.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Scribble Scribe on Dec 8, 2014 wrote:
I enjoyed the part where you said you can craft it when you get high enough level. Yeah, good luck getting the treasure cards. You will have an easier time collecting the required Amber for the spell.
the part I have the problem with, when crafting the items, is that by the time you can craft them, they're not worth crafting. Deer knight and Loremaster seem to be the 2 spells that everybody wants. By the time you real L70 though, Deer Knight is kinda useless in many circumstances (depending on how you play your wizard)

Survivor
Jun 28, 2014
dayerider on Dec 8, 2014 wrote:
the part I have the problem with, when crafting the items, is that by the time you can craft them, they're not worth crafting. Deer knight and Loremaster seem to be the 2 spells that everybody wants. By the time you real L70 though, Deer Knight is kinda useless in many circumstances (depending on how you play your wizard)
Actually Deer Knight is one spell that is still very useful all the way to exalted. The pip to damage ratio makes it a very efficient spell. You must consider that by exalted the base damage of a wizard is typically higher. When you calculate the base damage with the ability to add a sharpened blade (so say a couple of blades) and an enchantment you have a spell that can easily hit every target for 1500-2000 plus a damage tick for 3 rounds. That is very useful for 5 pip spell.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Scribble Scribe on Dec 8, 2014 wrote:
If you have read other posts of mine, you know I'm not really happy with any of the options for getting the spells -- farming or crafting. I think it is generally just too hard for the average player to get the spells in a time frame and at a level that is actually practical and fun.

That said, it is in fact possible to craft the spells. I did not say anything about it being easy.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
okay. thank you! at least now i'm not wasting my crowns.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Scribble Scribe on Dec 9, 2014 wrote:
Actually Deer Knight is one spell that is still very useful all the way to exalted. The pip to damage ratio makes it a very efficient spell. You must consider that by exalted the base damage of a wizard is typically higher. When you calculate the base damage with the ability to add a sharpened blade (so say a couple of blades) and an enchantment you have a spell that can easily hit every target for 1500-2000 plus a damage tick for 3 rounds. That is very useful for 5 pip spell.
now, compare that to the usefulness you would see had you gotten Deer knight when you got your other 4 - 6 pip spells. it would be much more useful earlier on. Yes, DK is useful, and Ive seen many people say it's one of the FEW useful spells from Loremaster, but if you're going to compare sun boosted and gear damage, that's actually not fair. ANYBODY at higher levels can do that to ANY spell, so even Blood Bat is more useful at L100. However, realistically, 98% of Loremaster's spells are useless by the time you can craft them

Survivor
Jul 10, 2011
i did alot loremaster i could not even get lore and i waste four thousand crown so far to get it

Survivor
May 05, 2009
Vanessa891011 on Feb 2, 2014 wrote:
There's no rate, it's completely random, and extremely rare. You should be very grateful for the spells you have already received so far, some wizards couldn't even manage to get one. (I sound like a mom telling her kid to be happy with what he has already... o_o)

~ Vanessa
There is no such thing as random, you can't enter an item and put random. Everything has a percentage to drop whether we know it or not. You must have a percentage to drop or it would never drop.

Defender
Mar 31, 2014
I play the game everyday but only about 2 or max 3 matches against this boss each day...so far got 3 spells in about 3 months. Someone who has quite a great PVP rank said the drop rate is 1 in a 100 so you have to play a hundred games to get a spell.

Also from 3 spells 2 are useless for me (unless I can move them to my other wizards), too weak for my lvl at 60 since they're not in my school.

I'm bored a bit with loremaster last match I pressed alt+f4 in the middle of the match, also because I always get the same loot, same tc's no variety.

Defender
Jun 29, 2014
For the loremaster spell is not that kind of useful for me and in pvp. I prefer using judgement than this loremaster.

The loremaster Got a hard recipie so just farm it

Explorer
Aug 03, 2012
RaiTaebeck on Jan 28, 2014 wrote:
Okay, these questions are mainly aimed at the professors but if anyone else can say for certain it would be appreciated. Hopefully this will receive a concrete answer so we can stop asking.

1. Currently, how many spells(permanent) is the Loremaster capable of dropping? I know that Krampus was added during the holidays making it 14(the 12 craft-ables + Krampus and Loremaster). However, I have also heard that the Red Ghost and Snowball Strike spells were added during the holidays too.

2. Is there some kind of formula or explanation(or percentage) to the rate she drops the permanent spells and who gets what spell?I've been trying repeatedly to get Deer Knight on my death mage(like many others) with no idea if I'll ever get it because there seems to be no rhyme or reason to when and which spells are dropped. So far the closet thing to a pattern I've seen is that spells seem to be dropped in pairs, I.E. I got Handsome Fomori on my death mage and Catalan about an hour later, this also occurred with the other spells I got, Goat Monk followed by Loremaster, and Lord of Night followed by Winter Moon(though more time inbetween spells for 2nd and 3rd pairs still, fairly close). So, is there anyway that you can explain this to me?

Edit: just adding a few parentheses comments
is it hard to beat this guy or lady because i'm death?