Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why is Avalon so hard for me?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 27, 2011
Hey! Well I have been having so much trouble with Avalon it's ridiculous. I don't know why I am having so much trouble either....

I'm Taryn Sandbright Level 78 with all waterworks gear.

I am stuck in Dun Dara and I need someone to help me so if you are on the quest right after you defeat the Dark Night let me know so we can meet up.

Delver
Sep 22, 2010
taraalayne on Jan 23, 2014 wrote:
Hey! Well I have been having so much trouble with Avalon it's ridiculous. I don't know why I am having so much trouble either....

I'm Taryn Sandbright Level 78 with all waterworks gear.

I am stuck in Dun Dara and I need someone to help me so if you are on the quest right after you defeat the Dark Night let me know so we can meet up.
I always like helping people .... My name in game in Anthony Dragonhand .... I have either a Myth or Life char .... your choice .... Let me Know

Thanks For Reading

Defender
Aug 11, 2013
Heh...the dungeons are giving me fits in Avalon. I keep having to call a minion, henchmen or friend, or any combination of 2 of the 3 for one boss/one minion fights in the Wyrd. Considering I'm getting low on crowns for the nonce..I find it annoying to have to call a henchmen. Especially when it's a life henchmen that heals itself with a regenerate or whatever on it's first cast instead of ME...which is the entire reason I called it in the first place. Grrr...

Connor Thunderstalker...level 80 ice wizard.

Survivor
May 04, 2011
Av is really hard for me too, I got stuck at the Jabberwock and it's like impossible! All my friends wont help me either and I have been stuck for like 3 months, going on 4. I got bored just being stuck so I made a new char, but av is ridiculous if we are supposed to kill the Jabberwock alone. If you can't even get past him, I can't imagine Azteca.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Victoria SoulCatch... on Feb 28, 2014 wrote:
Av is really hard for me too, I got stuck at the Jabberwock and it's like impossible! All my friends wont help me either and I have been stuck for like 3 months, going on 4. I got bored just being stuck so I made a new char, but av is ridiculous if we are supposed to kill the Jabberwock alone. If you can't even get past him, I can't imagine Azteca.
That battle requires fire dispels every third round to avoid the progressive meteors, I usually buy and stock up with about 10 of them, I waste some if I miscount. Or as we have had to do with our menu chat friends to get them though it is learn how to work the defeat, flee and come back routine. Recently we were helping someone who was already in and didn't have time to get deck set up. Key is not defeating the boss before the person who needs the quest returns.

Mary

Survivor
May 04, 2011
Northlite on Feb 28, 2014 wrote:
That battle requires fire dispels every third round to avoid the progressive meteors, I usually buy and stock up with about 10 of them, I waste some if I miscount. Or as we have had to do with our menu chat friends to get them though it is learn how to work the defeat, flee and come back routine. Recently we were helping someone who was already in and didn't have time to get deck set up. Key is not defeating the boss before the person who needs the quest returns.

Mary
Oh ty so much! I am actually celebrating xd ty!

Defender
May 11, 2012
I know. I am having trouble in Avalon too. I had been stuck at an area for nearly 3/4 of a year and FINALLY managed to defeat the two bosses I was having trouble with . Then, I was moving along nicely (I solo the game, because NONE of my friends have been on for over a year), and I ran into the Jabberwock . Oh boy, even with fire dispels and a ton of resist, I am getting nowhere. Oh, well, looks like another year long attempt to move on again .

Autumn FairyDreamer Level 79

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Autumn Rain on Mar 1, 2014 wrote:
I know. I am having trouble in Avalon too. I had been stuck at an area for nearly 3/4 of a year and FINALLY managed to defeat the two bosses I was having trouble with . Then, I was moving along nicely (I solo the game, because NONE of my friends have been on for over a year), and I ran into the Jabberwock . Oh boy, even with fire dispels and a ton of resist, I am getting nowhere. Oh, well, looks like another year long attempt to move on again .

Best way to defeat the Jabberwock solo isn't dispels. That's useful for a party. Solo you need heavy resist gear and you need to be able to count. The Jabberwock cheat works in two cycles. Every even round he clears all traps on himself. Every 3 rounds he casts the meteor. First off, if you aren't going first in the battle, flee and come back until you are first attacker. You want to blade and shield as much as possible while building pips for attack. ONLY attack him on odd numbered rounds divisible by 3. This will make your attacks hit him while his 200% trap is up. On even rounds (6, 12, 18... he instantly removes it. So you want to hit on 3, 9, 15...). It's best to have a friend, even a low level player join you. At the very least, they can port to you before the battle and not join. If you are getting hurt bad, have them join so you can flee, potion, and port back.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Autumn Rain on Mar 1, 2014 wrote:

Unless someone comes a long in the mean time you can arrange a meet up here. You need to let us know your time zone, date and time along with realm and where you will be in said realm. Allow a few days for back and forth on the boards here. In the past few weeks we have helped quite a few wizards though this. Most we didn't even know we were porting to that because it says port to your friend in High Road, next thing you know there he is so best I have equipped is my regular Boss deck. It is a game stopper for sure. As with Belloq - the cheating one, this instance goes much easier with at least one other wizard. We are EST eastern standard time here.

Most recommend Wizard101Central.com but am noticing the turn around there isn't as good lately, alot of posts for help are going unanswered. In the end there is no need to be stuck in the game there are wizards out there that will help you if you reach out to them.

Mary

Survivor
Jul 13, 2011
Next time you are stuck, call on Mercenaries for Hire. They are awesome with helping you get through hard instances.

Miranda LightSpear

Survivor
Mar 15, 2013
Hmm, I have been having a little trouble with Avalon, mainly the bosses because of their spells. Every time I have to do things solo because my friends are always busy.
Even though I have had trouble for a while, I always manage to get through them.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2013
Survivor
Jun 08, 2011
Wow. it sounds like everyone is having trouble with the jabberwock, and all the ice wizards are getting frustrated because they cant solo it. try this. on the first three rounds, use 0 pip blades. (no elemental blades!) if you get all power pips, use mammoth when he has the 200 trap up on the third round. if you dont get all power pips, just go ahead and use colossus. after that, go ahead and use blades (i.e. elemental, elemental treasure card, ice blade, any other forms of ice blade from your gear) and then hit with a mammoth/colossus on the ninth round. repeat. only attack on rounds that are odd and divisible by 3 (3, 9, 15, 21) as seethe42 said.

Connor iron blood, level 80 , chase skull mask, level 50

Survivor
Jun 08, 2011
sorry typo not level 50 balance level 5 balance

Survivor
Aug 28, 2009
Avalon is difficult for me as well. Level 76 , I'm beginning to think this whole soloing thing isn't working out anymore (and I really don't like bugging my friends to help ). I've been trying to go through quests with my level 70 friend in hopes that I will have a partner soon in Avalon so we can assist each other, but it's taking a while. It's mainly just difficult because instead of being comfortable soloing areas quickly, I now have to take a lot of time per boss (because of their high and critical block) and be patient through the battle, which I'm not very used to because, being , I normally quickly breeze through the fights.