Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

stop friends from porting to me?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 20, 2013
hi guys,
i need to know how to stop friends from porting to where i am. i'm an adult and feel really uncomfy when friends pop in RT or cyber world. my main issue that's happened a couple times and scared me half to death cause i thought i'd boogered my account or some such. i had a "friend" who popped in to my house here in the game. it is a bit bizarre. found out today, he is 8 yrs old or so he told me. this REALLY jangles my nerves and i need to know how to shut down the "port to friends" thing. help please? or should i just shut down the friends thing all together? or is there an adult chat thing? eh, any help would be most appreciated.
thanks y'all!
Cheers!

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Shilindria on Jan 20, 2014 wrote:
hi guys,
i need to know how to stop friends from porting to where i am. i'm an adult and feel really uncomfy when friends pop in RT or cyber world. my main issue that's happened a couple times and scared me half to death cause i thought i'd boogered my account or some such. i had a "friend" who popped in to my house here in the game. it is a bit bizarre. found out today, he is 8 yrs old or so he told me. this REALLY jangles my nerves and i need to know how to shut down the "port to friends" thing. help please? or should i just shut down the friends thing all together? or is there an adult chat thing? eh, any help would be most appreciated.
thanks y'all!
Cheers!
Here are two ways:

- In the game, press "esc" to see your options. Then,
click on the tab at the top that looks like a "gold lock" for Privacy Options.
In that section, you can click on the arrow next to "allow friends teleport", so the option says "no",
then click on "OK" at the bottom of the screen to keep the change.

or,

- again, in the game, press "esc" to see your options. Then,
click on the "second joystick" tab at the top of the page for Advanced Gameplay Options.
Click on the arrow next to "Hidden from Friends" so the option says "yes".
Click "OK" at the bottom of the screen to keep the change.
When you set this option, you will not even appear on your Friends list. They will not even know that you
are playing in the game.

To turn off the second option (Hidden from Friends), you can just click on the Friends Circle (in the upper right corner of your screen in the game). (The circle will have a line through it, indicating that your Friends cannot see you.)

Hope this helps.

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
On the opitons page in your book, there is a setting to turn of ports and you can also block your house to friends. I am a young teen and i have an 9 year old friend who likes to port to me whenever. I have solved it by simply telling her "I am busy, I am sorry." She never takes it hard, so if you feel guilty always having ports off and your young friend asks you to turn it off, just tell him your busy.

Hope this helped!!!

~Angela Gem, lvl 82

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
I am an adult as well. But I do have friends of all ages~ most people on my buddy list are 10+ years older or younger than me... that part doesn't bother me in the slightest. But, whether you are 8 or 80, you'd better not pop up in my battle uninvited.

But I really don't like random people porting to me, so I play with friend teleports turned off, like Alura and Angela already mentioned. As for adult chat, you can enable it on your account as long as you have proof (a valid credit card on file) that you are over 18.

There are 3 kinds of chat: if, when you type, it appears in white text, anyone over the age of 13 can see it. Or, if it appears as yellow text, only adults with 18+ chat enabled can see it~ it will appear to everyone else as '...' in the chat window. You can also whisper-chat with friends: click on the person you want to talk to (or their name, if they're on your buddy list), then on 'text chat'. That way, only the person you are speaking to will see the message.

You can also disable friend requests through your privacy options.

Hope this helps!
-von