Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Suggestions for Bazaar interface improvement

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
Hello,
I have a few suggestions for improving the Bazaar interface that I think would make navigating it easier and more efficient.

1) There should be a main menu that comes up when you press "X" to speak with the shopkeeper. Instead of having to quickly click a category before the items start loading, you could have a menu that lets you select which type of item you are searching for. For example, there would be an equipment tab, a crafting tab, a housing tab, etc. Items would not load on this screen.
2) After selecting which category you would like to browse, a sub menu would then appear that would enable you to refine your search. For example, when you select equipment, a sub menu would come up that would allow you to select hats, robes, wands, etc. (I realize this is already in there, but if you are not quick, the items begin loading and you have to wait) When you select the crafting category for example, a sub menu would appear with the alphabet, allowing you to select the beginning letter of the crafting item you are looking for. The items would not load on this screen.
3) Once you have selected from the sub menu, then the interface takes you to the page where your selections will load.
4) On the pages where the items load, there should be a refresh button so that you don't have to exit out of the interface in order to see if any new items have been added.

Thanks,
Cat

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
I like many parts of these suggestions. When I was on a slower machine, it was always a race against time to click the "Decks" menu (since it was much shorter than hats, the default). When I couldn't click Decks fast enough, I would lose 30+ seconds to waiting for all the hats in the spiral to load, which was unnecessary, as I didn't even want a hat 99% of the time.

Your restructure could be interesting, but I'd be happy if they kept the Bazaar menu as it currently is, but with auto-loading disabled.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
I'm on board, Cat. This is an awesome idea.

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
A search engine would be nice too!

Survivor
Sep 21, 2008
Archon
Sep 17, 2012
An easier solution to the automatic loading of items for sale would be simple. Just default to Sell instead of Buy and have usable only checked already. This would solve 99% of user complaints.

Defender
Oct 21, 2010
Lucas Rain on Jan 15, 2014 wrote:
I like many parts of these suggestions. When I was on a slower machine, it was always a race against time to click the "Decks" menu (since it was much shorter than hats, the default). When I couldn't click Decks fast enough, I would lose 30+ seconds to waiting for all the hats in the spiral to load, which was unnecessary, as I didn't even want a hat 99% of the time.

Your restructure could be interesting, but I'd be happy if they kept the Bazaar menu as it currently is, but with auto-loading disabled.
Another thing that could help if KI didn't disable auto-loading would be to at least have the "Usable" box checked, it would shorten the list, loading time, and wouldn't show me a bunch of Balance only hats when I'm not even Balance.

-See Ya In The Spiral!!

Julia DragonLeaf

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
seethe42 on Jan 16, 2014 wrote:
An easier solution to the automatic loading of items for sale would be simple. Just default to Sell instead of Buy and have usable only checked already. This would solve 99% of user complaints.
Default = sell

Yeah, that pretty much does solve everything.

Defender
Jul 10, 2009
Lucas Rain on Jan 17, 2014 wrote:
Default = sell

Yeah, that pretty much does solve everything.
The only thing about it is that noobs could accidentally sell some of their gear. And you could always just click Sell before anything loads.

I think the sub menu thing is a bit complicated, and I like to browse the Bazaar.

However the do it, KI should fix Bazaar loading times.

Haley MoonHeart, Innate Shadowmancer