Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

See the Light!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 16, 2009
Hey guys after the most recent monthly newsletter message from Falmea I got really happy! Under the section "Curiouser and Curiouser" there was a huge hint to what I think is light magic! :) The following was the quote:
"We’re excited to get you a little help from your friends, tap into more ancient powers, help you unleash your creativity, and hook you into the Spiral like nothing you’ve seen yet!"
The whole tap into ore ancient powers has to mean a new school! Now since light magic is making me so excited I dyed my clothes white and yellow to represent light it's kind of childish but how bout those of us who want light magic dye our clothes white and yellow? Anyways back to my thoughts, if light would be the opposite of shadow maybe it would change the opponents form and instead of backlash it heals you? I think that would be very different but just a small guess. Now when I say I want light magic I mean something along those lines because like shadow could be called dark light may be called something else. Oh and something I wanted to mention that nearly made me embarrasses myself when I learned this in science class, Morganthe is the Umbra Queen because the Umbra is the black shadowy part surrounding a cresent moon!
Sayonara!
Kevin BattleBreeze Level 95 Life
Seth MoonGrove Level 33 Myth
Alexander SkullFlame Level 18 Death
Blaze SkyCloud Level 48 Balance

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
japan1130 on Jan 9, 2014 wrote:
Hey guys after the most recent monthly newsletter message from Falmea I got really happy! Under the section "Curiouser and Curiouser" there was a huge hint to what I think is light magic! :) The following was the quote:
"We’re excited to get you a little help from your friends, tap into more ancient powers, help you unleash your creativity, and hook you into the Spiral like nothing you’ve seen yet!"
The whole tap into ore ancient powers has to mean a new school! Now since light magic is making me so excited I dyed my clothes white and yellow to represent light it's kind of childish but how bout those of us who want light magic dye our clothes white and yellow? Anyways back to my thoughts, if light would be the opposite of shadow maybe it would change the opponents form and instead of backlash it heals you? I think that would be very different but just a small guess. Now when I say I want light magic I mean something along those lines because like shadow could be called dark light may be called something else. Oh and something I wanted to mention that nearly made me embarrasses myself when I learned this in science class, Morganthe is the Umbra Queen because the Umbra is the black shadowy part surrounding a cresent moon!
Sayonara!
Umbra is just Latin for shadow, that's why she's the Umbra Queen. Maybe since shadow gives you huge power and then a downside, what if light gave you a downside and then an even stronger boost than shadow?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
japan1130 on Jan 9, 2014 wrote:
Sayonara!
Could be, but the phrase "tap into more ancient powers" doesn't necessarily mean new or different schools. In this context, more could simply mean additional (and likely higher level) shadow spells.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
its a good thought but youre still not positive it will happen; just dont set yourself up for a let down. be proud of your ideas but stay grounded with them!

Historian
May 06, 2009
Blaze Sandblade on Jan 16, 2014 wrote:
Umbra is just Latin for shadow, that's why she's the Umbra Queen. Maybe since shadow gives you huge power and then a downside, what if light gave you a downside and then an even stronger boost than shadow?
You are correct, but I've learned their our 3 stages to a Shadow:

Anumbra- the outer edge of a shadow that's barely dark, but not bright enough to be called light.
Penumbra- the middle part of a shadow, not dark, but not very light either.
Umbra- the darkest point of a Shadow