Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mutations To Your Character

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
I think it would be pretty cool if, when you created your character or any time after you could change your facial features. This would extend beyond the expected; nose, eyes, eyebrows, mouth, hair, skin, and face shape, but under noses there could be dog noses, under skin blue skin, mouth: fangs, eyes: no pupils or alien eyes ( reviewers can definitely add on to this list ). It would cost crowns or gold to change any one of those, of course, but hopefully not a crazy amount.
You should also be able to change your name and/or school. I'm Rebecca SoulStrider, and I so do want to change my name. I'm also liking the Death/Ice schools a LOT more than storm. Please respond with your input!

Explorer
Oct 07, 2011
That would be... interesting...
I would give my character cat eyes and fangs.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
i would love to be able to choose the species of our character but i would prefer just choosing marleybone dog or kt mander or mooshu goat rather then selecting a different species for each piece of my head

Explorer
Jun 12, 2011
blueyoshi9 on Jan 2, 2014 wrote:
I think it would be pretty cool if, when you created your character or any time after you could change your facial features. This would extend beyond the expected; nose, eyes, eyebrows, mouth, hair, skin, and face shape, but under noses there could be dog noses, under skin blue skin, mouth: fangs, eyes: no pupils or alien eyes ( reviewers can definitely add on to this list ). It would cost crowns or gold to change any one of those, of course, but hopefully not a crazy amount.
You should also be able to change your name and/or school. I'm Rebecca SoulStrider, and I so do want to change my name. I'm also liking the Death/Ice schools a LOT more than storm. Please respond with your input!
this is quite similar to the sims 3 (other game i should stop playing, but can't, for some reason); as cool as i think it is, though, that sort of programming change would require a complete coding overhaul and the number of bugs that would result from it would likely render the game unplayable for a very long time.

i'm neither here nor there on the name-change thing; if you changed your name, your friends might get confused and remove you because they have no idea who you are.

if you like death and ice better than storm, no prob: you can create up to 6 characters on one account, so you don't have to delete your original character to make a new wizard.

(i deleted my storm wizard a long time ago, but i made a new one shortly thereafter and she is awesome~ i think you should give it a second chance at some point, even if not immediately.)

hope this helps~

-v.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
you will never be able to change your name or school.
Reason: you name is under which all of your information is stored on the game's servers.
Your school is your school. You can easily start a new wizard.

these suggestions have been addressed by Professor Greyrose many times over. sorry.

Since we just got the ability to change our hair after years of requesting, I don't see any of the other changes happening any time soon if at all. But I bet people would have fun with the puppy nose and alien eyes idea!

Survivor
Jan 24, 2009
Defender
Dec 27, 2011
Champion
Jan 27, 2010
I'm not to hip on the name change idea but I love the mutation idea

Survivor
Feb 18, 2011
I like most of your ideas, but to change the name would not be very, um, "good" for the game. For example, if you have a friend with not too many friends, she might see a totally different name then what she saw yesterday and would get all weirded out and might post about it being a bug. And then she might click your name and see it's the same person she saw yesterday and get even more freaked out! Then again, your friend will probably know you can change your name, but seriously! It will get really confusing! I think if your going to change your name, you should be on level 15 to 20 to unlock it and have to pay crowns. Good, right? Right? RIGHT?!?! I'm just kidding!
Nora Strongbreeze Lvl 40 Ashley Fireflame Lvl 16 Molly Moonstone Lvl 2

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
Laura Shadowsong on Jan 3, 2014 wrote:
this is quite similar to the sims 3 (other game i should stop playing, but can't, for some reason); as cool as i think it is, though, that sort of programming change would require a complete coding overhaul and the number of bugs that would result from it would likely render the game unplayable for a very long time.

i'm neither here nor there on the name-change thing; if you changed your name, your friends might get confused and remove you because they have no idea who you are.

if you like death and ice better than storm, no prob: you can create up to 6 characters on one account, so you don't have to delete your original character to make a new wizard.

(i deleted my storm wizard a long time ago, but i made a new one shortly thereafter and she is awesome~ i think you should give it a second chance at some point, even if not immediately.)

hope this helps~

-v.

Thank you for your input, I do know you can make new wizards. You make some interesting points.

Explorer
Jan 17, 2011
No...
  1. How you look (especially facial wizard features) helps your friends remember who you are.
  2. Your name means a lot to the servers and your friends might not recognize your name and end up deleting you.
  3. Remember, we always can spend a small amount of crowns/gold for transformations!
  4. Changing your school would be too difficult. You'd have to do all the quests for the awesome spells for that school.
  5. Remember, wizards are a type of human! We aren't supposed to have doggy noses and kitty whiskers!
  6. We're already able to change our hairstyle.
  7. No pupils would mean (scientifically) we couldn't see.
  8. Mouth wouldn't work. We don't even open our mouth when we talk!
  9. Laura, (post way above me) you're right. It would take a lot of code. More variables, more animations, if and else statements, no. Just this update might take a whole year if Wizard101 produces it (which i highly think they won't).
Sorry for such a long post.