Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What is a Mastery Amulet?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 09, 2013
I have heard wizards all over this message board talking about earning a "mastery amulet." I'm not sure what that is, my best guess is that you earn a mastery amulet after you finish a secondary school so that power pips count for that school as well. What is a mastery amulet-and how do you get one?

Amber SpiritShade Magus Pyromancer

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
sball321 on Jan 1, 2014 wrote:
I have heard wizards all over this message board talking about earning a "mastery amulet." I'm not sure what that is, my best guess is that you earn a mastery amulet after you finish a secondary school so that power pips count for that school as well. What is a mastery amulet-and how do you get one?

You don't earn a mastery amulet. You can buy one in The Crowns Shop, or in some cases, you can get one as a drop. The Mastery Amulet lets you use Power Pips for your Secondary School.

This link explains when it was first introduced:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/new-school-mastery-amulets-33761

And this link give details on the Death School Mastery Amulet as one example:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Item:Death_Mastery_Amulet

Delver
Mar 07, 2012
Yes, you use mastery amulets to be able to have power pips to count for that other school. However, you have to buy it with crowns, their quite expensive though. ( more then 9k crowns )

~ Vanessa Rainbowpetal, level 48 theurgist

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot, mastery amulets can actually be dropped, I don't remember where but I believe they are dropped in harder dungeons. Maybe the Tower of the Helephant or Waterworks? Not sure.

Historian
May 06, 2009

Info on Mastery Amulets can be found in your Spell Book.

Mastery Amulets are Amulets that allow your Power Pips to work for other schools. They can be purchased from the Crown Shop for a little less than 10,000 crowns. Sylester will also drop Mastery Amulets in the Waterworks.

At level 90, multiple bosses of Aquila will drop Exalted Amulets, which are the next step above Mastery Amulets. Not only will they allow you to use your pips for other schools, they will give boosts to those schools as well. They are very rare, and harder to get, but some of them are worth it.

What's next after Mastery and Exalted Amulets? Only the future knows

Hope this helps!

Survivor
Oct 20, 2011
Well you can buy one or earn on from malistare malistare the undying but that's what I heard love, Brand summersmith level 71

Historian
May 28, 2009
You are correct on the amulet allowing you to use power pips for your secondary school but you don't earn it after learning all the spells. You have to buy it from the crown shop or farm strong bosses. Visite fansites to get the information on where to get one. Wish you luck!

Archon
Feb 07, 2011

that's half true:

though power pips will work for your secondary school if you equip one, a mastery amulet is purchased from the crown shop and costs about $25 in real money. and, unless you plan to pvp a lot, you probably won't benefit from it.

there is also an extremely-rare chance that you can get one as a drop in high-level (60+) boss dungeons; that's how i got mine, as i don't pvp frequently and it would be a waste for me to buy one.

either way, choose wisely.

-v.
promethean , , and

Delver
Oct 29, 2013
Mastery amulets are dropped in Waterworks or can be bought in the Crown Shop. As far as I know you can't earn them from training to a certain point in a secondary school.

You are correct that they allow you to use power pips with a school other than your primary. For example, my main wizard is a necromancer with life trained to Centaur as her secondary. She has the Life Mastery Amulet which allows her to use power pips for both death (her primary school) and life (her secondary school) spells. It's the only amulet she needs and wears... until she hits level 90 and starts farming the side bosses in Aquila for the Exalted Life Amulet. (The Exalted --School-- Amulets are souped up versions of the --School Mastery Amulets; they allow the use of power pips for whatever school they're named after and have damage boosts and other benefits.)

Miranda Nightsinger, Grandmaster Necromancer
Calamity Windbane, Magus Diviner

Archon
Oct 24, 2010

Mastery amulets not earned at all. They are purchased in the Crowns shop (or if you're lucky, gained by certain bosses who drop them). They allow you to use the power pips (yellow pips) for their spells as well as your own school's.

Each one is listed here:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Wizard101_Wiki:GoogleSearch?cx=partner-pub-4999180642090966%3A3138814113&cof=FORID%3A10&ie=UTF-8&q=mastery+amulet&sa=Search&siteurl=www.wizard101central.com%2Fwiki%2FMain_Page&ref=&ss=2016j344546j14

Defender
Dec 27, 2011

Master amulets are amulets that let you use power pips for a different school.

Antonio Sandshade, Level 50 Grandmaster Pyromancer