Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life isn't all about healing

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 09, 2009
The last aura for life gives you a heal boost. Even though there is already an aura that you get in Zafaria that boosts healing. So why have two auras that boost healing? Life attacks too so why don't you give life an extra damage aura? I am a life that mainly attacks and i find it troublesome that I am the only school that is being held back damage wise because i don't have this aura. Can this please be changed to giving life some damage? We aren't all about healing.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Isaac Jade on Dec 27, 2013 wrote:
The last aura for life gives you a heal boost. Even though there is already an aura that you get in Zafaria that boosts healing. So why have two auras that boost healing? Life attacks too so why don't you give life an extra damage aura? I am a life that mainly attacks and i find it troublesome that I am the only school that is being held back damage wise because i don't have this aura. Can this please be changed to giving life some damage? We aren't all about healing.
It does seem like Life gets the short end of the damage spell stick but to be fair with my other school wizards I do end up only using a few key spells as I get in upper worlds of the game. The only short fall I find is only having one all over spell that costs 8 pips to run but Death shares that agony also.

The only pain is to raffle though all the useless Life healing spells when setting up your decks. I have a Sprite and Satyr in my regular boss deck which seem to be all I need and rarely use them. I used Rebirth back when I did Waterworks a few too many times, I have rarely used it since.

The trick here is to let Life be something other then a healer and you won't need to be healed because we will help get her done before too much damage is done to any one.

Mary StarGem

Explorer
Oct 04, 2009
Well, in my opinion the auras aren't very good for Life, I had a Life character once and I made him a moon school. Once you get crowns go to that bird guy in Golem Court and he will give you back your training point so you can take up a different Astral school or a different Secondary School.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Isaac Jade on Dec 27, 2013 wrote:
You have 2 for healing and 2 for attacking. Use Berserk or Amplify for attacking. You aren't held back. You picked a healing class, you have more healing ability and spells than any other class. You can't expect to have all that power AND the power of Storm's attack. Every school has it's strength and weakness. Life IS all about healing, that's both it's strength and weakness. It's much more a strength.

Survivor
Nov 09, 2009
But there is already a healing aura. So why make 2 which is what i don't understand. Why can't life have an attack aura but just have it be less damage bonus? I am a mainly attacking life. My deck is built around attacking, I have about 3 satyrs and 1 fairy in my deck, but they are almost never used. I didn't even have to heal throughout Ghost Avalon. So, this really disappoints me.

Isaac 85 Life

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
No, life is not all about healing.

Just as Ice isn't all about tanking, and Storm isn't all about damage, Life is not all about healing. Sure, that's the primary focus of the school, but a good wizard should be able to do all three, unaided.

My theurgist is a mean, green fighting machine. Sure, she can heal, but she was built to be a damage dealer, and her numbers reflect that; no, she doesn't have my Storm wizard's damage boost~ she doesn't need it, though she does need to be able to fend for herself.

I use Amplify to get stuff done; I won't be bothering with Mend, and I probably won't bother with the one in Azteca either, as they are essentially the same thing. When I was a noob, I used to pack Forest Lord TC in my sideboard and just use those (I wish I had thought of that when my necromancer was a baby wizard); now that I have the real thing, I can put Garg on it and do 5-6K per enemy if I play my cards right.

So, yeah. I'm not a healer. Have a nice day.

-von
Tavia Summershield, 63
promethean , , and