Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mount hatching

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 17, 2011
So I was thinking considering out we can hatch pets we could also do mounts. KI can you create a thing that lets us make mounts (same thing as pets now only mounts). If you do I would greatly appreciate it.

Survivor
Aug 20, 2011
elivings on Dec 23, 2013 wrote:
So I was thinking considering out we can hatch pets we could also do mounts. KI can you create a thing that lets us make mounts (same thing as pets now only mounts). If you do I would greatly appreciate it.
There is no reason to hatch mounts. Most people hatch for stats, cards, or for the pet. Only one of those things can be done with mount hatching. If Kingsisle did add stats or cards for mounts, this would cause even more problems, such as:
- Not getting the same stats when inside
- Overpowered against wandering enemies
- They would be obsolete from pets

Also, because people are only hatching for the mount, wouldn't they lose profit from all the crowns from the mounts? Another thing, what about temporary mounts? How would that work?

Sorry if I took this too seriously, but it has many flaws.

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
Wolf DunePyre on Dec 26, 2013 wrote:
There is no reason to hatch mounts. Most people hatch for stats, cards, or for the pet. Only one of those things can be done with mount hatching. If Kingsisle did add stats or cards for mounts, this would cause even more problems, such as:

Also, because people are only hatching for the mount, wouldn't they lose profit from all the crowns from the mounts? Another thing, what about temporary mounts? How would that work?

Actually, to correct and add off of this, I had read a post of mounts having stats. It was said that the mount cannot have stats because it is never equipped in battle. It would almost be like getting stats from a pet or some other gear that was not equipped when one runs into battle. So being inside wouldn't matter at all, because it would give the same result all the time.
Best of luck!

~Shannon Skybreaker

Defender
Jan 03, 2013
Wolf DunePyre on Dec 26, 2013 wrote:

He didn't mention them having abilities one and two it sounds more valid to do than any other thing ive seen. Some people were not here in 2011 for the Christmas moose and ki refuses to distribute them so I mean its our best shot for getting one.
Itd be a way to save crowns in the long run But! the chance to get a different mount than your own is much much harder so it saves them money.

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
That would be cool to hatch mounts, but that would be very confusing. You cannot own more than 1 of each type of mount, so they would have to make it so you get the same mount as the other person. If you were to hatch with someone with a mount you already have, then I would expect my computer to say error error error because you cannot, as I said before, have more than 1 of each type of mount. Perhaps, it could generate a totally different mount, which I guess would solve that problem. But, what if somebody had every type of mount (I know its unlikely, but its still possible) and tried to hatch? Then it would make no sense because well, you cannot have more than 1 of each type of mount. Sorry, your idea was very good, but it would just not work.

-Jasmine Owltalon, level 95 myth

Survivor
Nov 16, 2012
I like the idea ... Kind of interesting . But, if mount have more speed than 40% . I will surely hatch with that mount .

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
MythWizardForeves on Dec 27, 2013 wrote:
That would be cool to hatch mounts, but that would be very confusing. You cannot own more than 1 of each type of mount, so they would have to make it so you get the same mount as the other person. If you were to hatch with someone with a mount you already have, then I would expect my computer to say error error error because you cannot, as I said before, have more than 1 of each type of mount. Perhaps, it could generate a totally different mount, which I guess would solve that problem. But, what if somebody had every type of mount (I know its unlikely, but its still possible) and tried to hatch? Then it would make no sense because well, you cannot have more than 1 of each type of mount. Sorry, your idea was very good, but it would just not work.

I have multiple dragons and big cat mounts wandering around my house, so I don't know why you say you can't have more than one. That's beside my point though. This doesn't really offer any benefit to the game. It would cost money to program and also lose money to the game makers. People with mounts could just hatch whatever they want if they find someone who has what they want. No reason for people to buy them anymore. It would be different if mounts were like pets and trainable and had talents so they could sell snacks and such, but that wasn't the idea. So in the end I agree it's not workable, but for different reasons.

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
seethe42 on Dec 31, 2013 wrote:
I have multiple dragons and big cat mounts wandering around my house, so I don't know why you say you can't have more than one. That's beside my point though. This doesn't really offer any benefit to the game. It would cost money to program and also lose money to the game makers. People with mounts could just hatch whatever they want if they find someone who has what they want. No reason for people to buy them anymore. It would be different if mounts were like pets and trainable and had talents so they could sell snacks and such, but that wasn't the idea. So in the end I agree it's not workable, but for different reasons.
Btw you can have say, a red dragon and a blue dragon, but you can't have 2 red dragons or 2 blue dragons. They don't allow you to have more than 1 of each specific mount. Yeah you could have a tiger a leopard and a lion, but not 2 of any of those. Also I agree with your reason as well.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Shannon Skybreaker on Dec 26, 2013 wrote:
Actually, to correct and add off of this, I had read a post of mounts having stats. It was said that the mount cannot have stats because it is never equipped in battle. It would almost be like getting stats from a pet or some other gear that was not equipped when one runs into battle. So being inside wouldn't matter at all, because it would give the same result all the time.
Best of luck!

~Shannon Skybreaker
i do not want mounts to become like pets this but your argument is irrelevant your athame ring nor amulet appears in battle yet all 3 can give battle stats.