Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 12-20-13

AuthorMessage
Administrator
The time has come, the gobbler said, to talk of many things....

As this is the last Feedback Friday for 2013, it is customary for me to ask you about this past year in the Spiral.

And so, I implore you to answer the following question:

What is your favorite thing we've added to the game in 2013?

Was it the Lost pages event? Hairstyles? Unstitching? Furniture Sets? PvP Spectator Mode? Tournaments? Instruments? Aquila? New Minions? Item Locking? Deck Renaming? Khrysalis? Shadow Magic? Castle Tours? Quest Finder?
If you need a refresher on all these updates and more visit https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/updatenotes

While you're pondering this question, don't forget to read my latest Producer Letter at https://www.wizard101.com/game/producers-letter-december2013 where I wax nostalgic about the past five years, as well as peek a little into the future.

I look forward to your answers, and I'll see you next year. 2014 is going to be a very exciting time in the Spiral, and I can't wait to experience it with you!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Community Leader
Hairstyles, Unstitching , Deck Renaming and Item Locking.

Furniture Sets!!! Instruments!! Castle Tours! New plants!! Red Barn Farm and other new houses!!

Tournaments, made it possible for me to be able to get all those fantastic furniture pieces from arena tickets. I wonder if I missed anything?

Survivor
Jan 01, 2012
Shadow magic all the way, even though i am not at the correct level to use it, i'm working towards it, the idea of a type of magic that is a true darkness and was forbidden to teach is just amazing.

apart from that being my favorote thing, all updates are great! nothing i would say that needed to be put back at all. overall it has been a brilliant year for wizard101

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Without a doubt, this is the best year of Wizard101 yet. Big kudos. I know I come off like I'm saying no one in development/planning is ever doing enough, but I want to take a minute to say thanks. There are some very talented, responsive people on staff, and we'd be worse off without them.

Favorite things were hairstyles and the Aquila dungeons. I feel like these features added a lot of depth to an already engrossing product.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2008
I love Castle Tours. I am a Mom wizard, and I enjoy castle decorating. I like visiting other castles to get some ideas on interior and exterior decorating. The castle is the reflection of the wizard's personality. I am amazed to see that there are a lot of talented wizards in the spiral!

Explorer
May 02, 2012
I would say EVERYTHING, but if I can only choose one I'd choose black magic. EVERYTHING is great .

Brooke LionHeart

Defender
Aug 11, 2013
I've only been playing a couple months but I love the whole experience..
Could care less about the hairstyles myself. I like the gear. I've got some suggestions though. I've made one or two of them already on the FB wall but..*shrug*
Thoughts for new pets...
Grendel pet. havent progressed far enough to buy and do Khrysalis. Only level 58..about to kick over to 59. But maybe make them strong in the shadow magic?
New Dragon Pet. I love the colorations on the dragons that make their appearance in Dragonspyre. The orange and black ones? War Wyverns I think they're called when you run across them in the Vaults in the Grand Chasm. Make them one of the astral schools and give them...not sure which school this spell is but seen it used. It does amplify and fortify in one spell for +35 or +45 going out and minus 35 or 45 coming in? Make that one the dragons card . either that or one of it's 'may cast' options. I wouldn't mind Regenerate or Revive as one of the may cast learned spells either.

Survivor
Aug 21, 2013
Delver
Feb 28, 2012
My top 3 and why:
Quest finder. I've been doing all my characters and finding quests I'm WAAAY over-leveled for and laughing at how fast I do them.
Item lock. Yay no more absentmindedly clicking "yes" then later wondering where my stuff went until I remember absentmindedly clicking "yes".
Name your deck. Yay no more of: pick a deck, see if it's what I want, lather rinse, repeat. Or intentionally buying different decks and having a stickynote with what each one is.

If this is the last Feedback Friday of 2013, that means you are taking Friday December 27 off?

Delver
Aug 26, 2012
Professor Falmea on Dec 20, 2013 wrote:

As this is the last Feedback Friday for 2013, it is customary for me to ask you about this past year in the Spiral.

Was it the Lost pages event? Hairstyles? Unstitching? Furniture Sets? PvP Spectator Mode? Tournaments? Instruments? Aquila? New Minions? Item Locking? Deck Renaming? Khrysalis? Shadow Magic? Castle Tours? Quest Finder?
If you need a refresher on all these updates and more visit https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/updatenotes

While you're pondering this question, don't forget to read my latest Producer Letter at https://www.wizard101.com/game/producers-letter-december2013 where I wax nostalgic about the past five years, as well as peek a little into the future.

I look forward to your answers, and I'll see you next year. 2014 is going to be a very exciting time in the Spiral, and I can't wait to experience it with you!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
I call:
1.Khrysalis
2.Shadow magic
3.Aquila
4.Quest Finder

1. A new world is always a plus!

2.A new kind of magic is always also a plus!

3. Epic! But needs an expansion

4. This is simply awesome!

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
I'd have to say the two best things in the game that were added is item locking and quest finder.

I like item locking cause I know i can play (and sleep) knowing my equipment that I love and use are safely in my backpack.

I also like quest finder because I can find any quest I missed in one world and continue in other ones that I may have missed. (This feature finally helped me get my "Master of the Oasis Badge"!

Keep up on the good work KI, I would also love to see these features in Pirate101 also.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Professor Falmea on Dec 20, 2013 wrote:

So hard to pick a favorite. You guys added so many great improvements. For game functionality/player friendly additions I have to say the lock items and deck renaming are HUGE. Quest finder is great too, at higher levels I really haven't had a use for it, but I certainly can see how it will help new wizards a lot. For fun I would have to say Aquila and Loremaster. It's always great when players can get great spells and gear from playing and not only through crowns/packs. Khrysalis and Shadow Magic also great additions.

All in all I think KingsIsle has had a great year of updates giving all types of players some great improvements across the board. I'm looking foreward to what you have in store for us next year. It just keeps getting better.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
Furniture Sets!
More, more more!!! and dye-able pieces Puhleeze!
Also - 300 max count items for a dorm room and also for a giant house? That's a lot of empty rooms! The bric a brac potions should be proportional to house size!

Instruments!
More!! traditional AND modern and themed!

Castle Tours!
A big part of my W101 game play is housing...this is GREAT...just need to fix the empty houses ending up on tour!

Hairstyles!
Bald heads to accomodate a hat that shows a bald head just isn't cool. While quests may make you want to rip your hair out at times, baldness is not an appealing feature for the gear. Glad we can now skip the headgear and use the hair, but really - some of the hats are cool and really need to fit on the hair.

Unstitching!
Now I can update the look even when I don't want to update the stats! Nice!

Looking forward to new features in 2014!

Survivor
Sep 11, 2011
Hero
May 02, 2009
For me personally, probably shadow magic and the new world of Khrysalis (granted that it's still in part 1 right now but still though).

Survivor
Dec 09, 2011
Wow, how to choose from all the great stuff that has been added this year?????
If I had to pick one that I have really enjoyed more than any of the others it would be...ta da 'Quest Finder'. I can now take my wizards all the way over each world to make sure no side quests were missed and enjoy each area all over again. Thank you KingsIsle this has been a fantastic year for my wizards

Defender
Mar 08, 2013
Tournaments. My favorite is the classic because I loved this game when it first came out. I just started playing again because of it. I can't wait for what you do to help end all the pvp complaints.

Survivor
Oct 01, 2011
I love the furniture sets. I bought all the furniture sets to decorate my Red Barn Farm and my favorite is the Krokotopia set. It looks like they're made out of gold! I hope you add more furniture sets from MooShu, Dragonspyre, and Khrysalis. Keep it purchasable with gold, though!

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Wow, it is hard to pick just one. This has been a GREAT year for Wizard. I'm going to say Loremaster was tops for me, but deck names, the Red Barn, castle tours, locking items, Aquila, and Khrysalis are all super. OH, I love all the new mounts, pets and pet talents too! So much fun!

Survivor
Feb 17, 2012
I love everything that was added to wizard 101 this year couldn't be happier
Grace Nightthorn.

Defender
Aug 26, 2011
i love the furniture sets, but i wouldn't say it's my favorite. i like the tourneys a lot and i just wish that the tournament gear got a little cheaper, for example why does the duelist's whatever sword of pierciness cost more for promethean than for initiate? the struggle is just as hard!!
but enough complaining, i want to thank the KI staff for everything they've done this year and every year W101 has been going.
Dear moderator reading this, please tell everyone working for KI that you meet today happy holidays and enjoy yourself and thanks for everything you've done.

Gabriel (And wolf now too!) Ashcaller

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
Without a doubt, my favorite new thing was Khrysalis. I had been hoping for a new world for practically the whole year, and finally I got it, and was not a bit disappointed in the creativity and awesomeness of it. My second would probably be the tournaments, they're very cool. Third, would be hairstyles. Those are completely awesome. Everything you added was completely awesome though. Keep up your amazing work, and I can't wait to see what you have planned for us in 2014.

-Jasmine Owltalon, level 95 myth

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
KI,

I thank you greatly for adding all of these amazing features. I joined Wizard101 about a year ago and did not plan to stick to it for so long. I've gone from a level 1 to a level 84 in what felt like a month. Honestly, my favorite things added is everything, you did it all so well.

-Molly

Defender
Jul 18, 2011
Deck renaming My wizard FINALLY sorted everything out and the deck renaming helped out ALOT

Historian
May 06, 2009
I would say I really like the furniture sets added. I like how they are modern items with in game twists.

I also like the new instruments. I'm play a Viola and it's cool that I can try out other instruments and record songs I make. Hopefully more string instruments will come in the future.

I liked the new Level 75 Minions that came out. I think they were a big help to the Wizards who had less than assistful minions.

But, I think I really like the inclusion of Shadow Magic and Item Lock the most this past year. Shadow Magic is just so interesting and the Item Lock is very helpful for those oh-so special items I keep handy

I'm looking forward to 2014!