Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Khrysalis is too hard for me.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
I might be making the end of my journey if I can't even get past the first dungeon in this place. I couldn't wait to finally get here but I couldn't solo any bosses. I realize how bad my skills are but I wish they wouldn't have made it solo. My friend, who is a life, can't even get past it. Any tips for an ice wizard without Lord of Winter?

Miranda Starblood lvl 91

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
loviinngliz on Dec 20, 2013 wrote:
I might be making the end of my journey if I can't even get past the first dungeon in this place. I couldn't wait to finally get here but I couldn't solo any bosses. I realize how bad my skills are but I wish they wouldn't have made it solo. My friend, who is a life, can't even get past it. Any tips for an ice wizard without Lord of Winter?

Miranda Starblood lvl 91
  • Get Lord of Winter
  • Buy Crowns and get Henchmen (if you don't have money to buy Crowns, do not pester me with "Oh just because you can buy allot of crowns does not mean everyone else can" It is just a TIP
  • Ask a friend to help you
  • Switch realms and wait till you find someone that will help you/is on the same quest as you

Hope this helps!

-Nick
"When the battle gets deadly, summon a Death Shield"

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Treasure card buffs if you are having trouble doing enough damage. Gear with school specific resist, and TC shields if you are having trouble surviving. Hang in there, most of Khrysalis is easier than AZ. You can do it!

Survivor
Aug 11, 2013
yah i gotta say just get help unless its solo but if not try getting better gear! or maybe get crowns like nicholas

hunter light tamer lvl70

Survivor
Aug 11, 2013
i have got to agree with nicholas

hunter light tamer level 70

Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
Nicholas Hawkspear on Dec 20, 2013 wrote:
  • Get Lord of Winter
  • Buy Crowns and get Henchmen (if you don't have money to buy Crowns, do not pester me with "Oh just because you can buy allot of crowns does not mean everyone else can" It is just a TIP
  • Ask a friend to help you
  • Switch realms and wait till you find someone that will help you/is on the same quest as you

Hope this helps!

-Nick
"When the battle gets deadly, summon a Death Shield"
-I've been trying to get Lord of Winter
-Oh I hate when people do that, I've been thinking about that.
-I would but I can't, it's a solo quest.

Thank you Nick for the tips!

Miranda Starblood lvl 91

Explorer
Dec 09, 2010
As an Ice who has done this quest (I'm assuming you mean the couple of solo boss fights at the start) I am happy to give you some tips .

• Have feints ready (trained, pet, potent, etc)
  • Use a small deck, I only had 20 cards in my deck + treasure cards, have 2 of everything that you need
  • Use Frost Giant as your main attack
  • Use potent trap and sharpened blade to enhance your blades and stack them
  • If the boss is Ice (I can't remember) try to throw out your prism as soon as possible to make sure you don't forget.
  • If you don't defeat the boss with all your blades, traps etc but manage to defeat the minions use a King Artorius as a back up.
  • Put in a couple of Pixies (Or have a healing pet) as a precaution
Hope this helps!

Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
Timothy ElementalH... on Dec 21, 2013 wrote:
As an Ice who has done this quest (I'm assuming you mean the couple of solo boss fights at the start) I am happy to give you some tips .

• Have feints ready (trained, pet, potent, etc)
  • Use a small deck, I only had 20 cards in my deck + treasure cards, have 2 of everything that you need
  • Use Frost Giant as your main attack
  • Use potent trap and sharpened blade to enhance your blades and stack them
  • If the boss is Ice (I can't remember) try to throw out your prism as soon as possible to make sure you don't forget.
  • If you don't defeat the boss with all your blades, traps etc but manage to defeat the minions use a King Artorius as a back up.
  • Put in a couple of Pixies (Or have a healing pet) as a precaution
Hope this helps!
Thank you so much!

Miranda Starblood lvl 91

Explorer
Dec 09, 2010
Happy to help!

Stuck on anything else just let me know.

Timothy FrostHeart lvl 94

Explorer
Oct 26, 2012
Lovingliz I totally agree its so hard. We are same school same lvl and both without Lord Of Winter! Here is my strategy: Step 1: do all of your side quests! Step 2: Get friends you don't have to solo! Step 3: I know this is probally so dumb to you but do dungeons past Celeastia again! Then you should be ablen Good Luck!

Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
Hi guys! Quick update: I beat that first dungeon/boss in Khrysalis!

P.S: Also got Lord of Winter

Miranda Starblood lvl 92

Explorer
Dec 09, 2010
Congratulations on both defeating the solo part of the Khrysalis AND getting Lord Of Winter.
Though I don't find myself using it a lot nowadays as I mostly use King Artorius as it does roughly the same amount of damage for 2 less pips and it has a good after effect of giving you another pip so really it costs 7 pips.
Everything after the solo fights should be easy for you and now you are on your way to learn Shadow Magic.

P.S Don't bother doing Side quests, you won't need them as quests give loads of XP and you'll find yourself at lvl 95 in no time. Most of the time you will be fighting Blue Razors, they seem to cause so much bother you can't go 10 quests without fighting some.

Good Luck in Khrysalis!

Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
Timothy ElementalH... on Dec 24, 2013 wrote:
Congratulations on both defeating the solo part of the Khrysalis AND getting Lord Of Winter.
Though I don't find myself using it a lot nowadays as I mostly use King Artorius as it does roughly the same amount of damage for 2 less pips and it has a good after effect of giving you another pip so really it costs 7 pips.
Everything after the solo fights should be easy for you and now you are on your way to learn Shadow Magic.

P.S Don't bother doing Side quests, you won't need them as quests give loads of XP and you'll find yourself at lvl 95 in no time. Most of the time you will be fighting Blue Razors, they seem to cause so much bother you can't go 10 quests without fighting some.

Good Luck in Khrysalis!
Thanks! I can't wait to get Shadow Magic!

P.S I haven't done sides since Celestia

Miranda Starblood lvl 92

Survivor
Dec 06, 2011
loviinngliz on Dec 20, 2013 wrote:

Miranda Starblood lvl 91
all you need to do is get lord of winter then get a life and maybe death or balance friend to help you with the dungeon and for any minions i agree use a small deck but for bosses you can use a large deck, but to win you NEED a life to heal you and any friends.

Mason Shadowstaff lvl 79

Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
mason dragonforge on Feb 14, 2014 wrote:
all you need to do is get lord of winter then get a life and maybe death or balance friend to help you with the dungeon and for any minions i agree use a small deck but for bosses you can use a large deck, but to win you NEED a life to heal you and any friends.

Mason Shadowstaff lvl 79
Thank you, Mason, for the tips. I have been finished with Khrysalis part 1 for awhile now, I made it through without a life wizard. You don't need a life wiz, just need great players.

Defender
Jul 27, 2009
It is hard but lord of winter is ESSENTIAL... You will not be able to do anything without it