Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sparkshooters in wizard101?

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
I think we should get some sparkshooters here like in pirate101.

They could be sold/dropped in Marleybone and could have fire and/or storm wand strikes.

Anyone else agree?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Rachel Dreamsong on Dec 17, 2013 wrote:
I think we should get some sparkshooters here like in pirate101.

They could be sold/dropped in Marleybone and could have fire and/or storm wand strikes.

Anyone else agree?
Since I do not play Pirates, I have no idea what this is. Can you post a link of some sort?

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
RavenLady777 on Dec 17, 2013 wrote:
Since I do not play Pirates, I have no idea what this is. Can you post a link of some sort?
http://cdn4.duelist101.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/bonnie-anne.jpg

That picture of Bonnie Annie (Musketeer) shows her holding her spark shooter.

Spark shooters are basically magical guns that fire lightning instead of the real alternative.
They cause no physical damage and are more similar to a stunning shock

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
RavenLady777 on Dec 17, 2013 wrote:
their like musket/tazers. appearence of a musket, effect very similar to a tazer to shock and knock out who they hit.

Delver
Mar 10, 2009
Instead of a wand it is a gun. The guns in Pirate do not shoot bullets, they shoot lightning. Why a wizard would want a gun instead of a wand or a staff I do not quite understand since wands can do lightning strikes quite nicely.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
No guns.

We've been through this argument many times.

Guns are not magic. Wizard 101 is a game of magic, ergo, no guns, yes magic wands.

Iridian ShadowWeaver

Survivor
Oct 15, 2013
It's called aesthetics. Why else would wizards use bows, or swords, instead of wands that do functionally the same thing?

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Canny B Moone on Dec 18, 2013 wrote:
No guns.

Guns are not magic. Wizard 101 is a game of magic, ergo, no guns, yes magic wands.

Iridian ShadowWeaver
well think of the level 45 swords are magic? think of levels around 72 bow and arrows are magic? think around level 20 water pipes are magic? i really want you too take a deep look at a lot of wands before you jump to this conclusion.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Canny B Moone on Dec 18, 2013 wrote:
No guns.

Iridian ShadowWeaver
except sparkshooters are magical guns (no bullets they fire lightning)

Just saying :/

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
critical blizzard on Dec 19, 2013 wrote:
well think of the level 45 swords are magic? think of levels around 72 bow and arrows are magic? think around level 20 water pipes are magic? i really want you too take a deep look at a lot of wands before you jump to this conclusion.

Please, let's not go poking at others.

While I do agree that I think the sparkshoots would be a little too far-fetched in Wizard101, I can see why those saying that they are magical and should enter this game say that.

It's true that they shoot lightning instead of bullets and I don't think that having them in the game would be all that terrible. I'm just more of a traditional fantasy person myself.