Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

We're no Better Than Morganthe

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
The tittle says it all. We are no better than Morganthe. She learned Shadow Magic, and everyone called us evil. We learned Shadow Magic, and no one calls us evil. How strange...

-Nick
"When the battle gets deadly, summon a Death Shield"

Defender
Jun 17, 2012
Nicholas Hawkspear on Dec 7, 2013 wrote:
The tittle says it all. We are no better than Morganthe. She learned Shadow Magic, and everyone called us evil. We learned Shadow Magic, and no one calls us evil. How strange...

-Nick
well, she Is evil, and trying to change all of the spiral. we are trying to stop her us- good morganthe- bad
Justin firethief lvl 95

Delver
Apr 21, 2012

-Nick
We use Shadow Magic for good, not evil like her. is sometimes seen as dark and evil, but we still fight for good.

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
Morganthe became corrupted and consumed by Shadow magic, it is dangerous stuff but not evil; hence why we were so heavily tested before it is taught to us, to be sure we are resolute and strong enough not to fall into Morganthe's mistakes, on top of her other malicious shortcomings. There is a difference between knowing and using what you know, Morganthe has taken path of darkness we have taken path of light.

Survivor
May 17, 2010
I wish that I was evil/dark! It would be very interesting to be able to choose good or evil and our paths as a wizard went according to what we chose. I haven't trained shadow magic yet, but I'm sure it will be fun, yet dangerous!

Survivor
Sep 14, 2009
I heard a line one time that would go perfect for this- "Magic is like a knife, if a person uses it to harm someone what is evil the knife or the person?'' In this case the person is Morganthe.

Delver
Jun 17, 2011
Omegagan on Dec 11, 2013 wrote:
Morganthe became corrupted and consumed by Shadow magic, it is dangerous stuff but not evil; hence why we were so heavily tested before it is taught to us, to be sure we are resolute and strong enough not to fall into Morganthe's mistakes, on top of her other malicious shortcomings. There is a difference between knowing and using what you know, Morganthe has taken path of darkness we have taken path of light.
But shadow magic is extremely powerful. If it could corrupt morganthe, why are we sure it won't corrupt us in part 2. maybe that is what part 2 is all about. Maybe we will be to busy in Khrysalis to help our friends, and slowly become power hungry. Just like morganthe. If you remember from the tapestries in AV, morganthe started out good. We are good - for now. But we may end up doing it for the good of all but not helping friends since we are too busy. I agree that we're better than her but I don't think we will all stay that way. Maybe Kingsisle won't make part 2 be corrupted wizards, but maybe some wizards will be corrupted on their own.

Survivor
Aug 28, 2009
I just beat Ghost dog and his evil helpers I was sad after the fight there was no magic box to throw crowns into or even a Badge of some kind saying Ghost Dog Slayer,or Surrvied Ghost Dog something to show you have beat the game up to the last story line has of now just my 2 cents worth.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2013
BlazeSpellbringer on Jan 13, 2014 wrote:
I just beat Ghost dog and his evil helpers I was sad after the fight there was no magic box to throw crowns into or even a Badge of some kind saying Ghost Dog Slayer,or Surrvied Ghost Dog something to show you have beat the game up to the last story line has of now just my 2 cents worth.
I don't even think there are very many Second Chance Chests at all in Khrysalis! Honestly, that's just sad. And the badges are just... wow. I really think they should have implemented badges for defeating Ghost Dog or something! I have to agree with you Blaze.

Defender
Apr 07, 2012

-Nick
maybe its just you

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
TheAvenger1244 on Dec 29, 2013 wrote:
I heard a line one time that would go perfect for this- "Magic is like a knife, if a person uses it to harm someone what is evil the knife or the person?'' In this case the person is Morganthe.
"Nothing is good or evil, but for thinking that makes it so." -Shakespeare

However true this may be, I agree with Morganthe's King that I would love to be an evil wizard. My balance wizard would have been on Mally's team from day one.

-von "knives don't hurt people, but power novas do" shadowsong

Survivor
Sep 14, 2009
Dr Von on Feb 3, 2014 wrote:
"Nothing is good or evil, but for thinking that makes it so." -Shakespeare

However true this may be, I agree with Morganthe's King that I would love to be an evil wizard. My balance wizard would have been on Mally's team from day one.

-von "knives don't hurt people, but power novas do" shadowsong
Lol I guess being an evil wizard would be pretty cool.

Defender
Jul 27, 2009
Defender
Sep 29, 2008
shadow magic isnt evil at all honestly its like saying people who go outside at night time are evil, sure some people use the cover of darkness to hurt others but darkness in and of itself isnt evil its just a counter part to light in its most rudimentary state.People are what give meaning to dark and light making all comparisons that make darkness look bad when the irony is that if people called light darkness and darkness light they would still pick what side they felt was more inclined to be evil which most of the time would be darkness simply because it conceals.Using shadow doesnt make us evil and who ever thinks it does is cause of their own convoluted sense of justice when in reality their just things we label things and others by that we assume are evil.

Historian
May 15, 2009
it is really short sighted to believe that just because it is shadow it is evil.

a wise saying for you and anyone else who believes all shadow to be purely evil.

"Light does not always equate to good, just as darkness does not always equate to evil." ~Zaros

who knows. we may come up against a life villain one of these days, will you still be so quick to judge then as well? considering life is supposed to be all about the light and harmony.

I know myself that you can't judge someone solely on if they use light or darkness and I don't plan to make that mistake.
I judge characters on their deeds. and that is how everyone should be looked at. :-)