Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Avalon Myth Battles

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 10, 2009
If the title did not give it away, I am a myth wizard and I thought fighting the first monsters in Avalon wouldn't be so hard since they are storm, but they weren't. I have already died about five times and I have only come so close to killing only one of them! If anyone has any tips on Avalon monsters or fighting with a myth wizard, I would love to hear them please! You are probably wondering though, why not just ask my friends to help? Well my friends are always busy with their quests or role playing, so I'm on my own...

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Dustin ThunderSton... on Nov 29, 2013 wrote:
If the title did not give it away, I am a myth wizard and I thought fighting the first monsters in Avalon wouldn't be so hard since they are storm, but they weren't. I have already died about five times and I have only come so close to killing only one of them! If anyone has any tips on Avalon monsters or fighting with a myth wizard, I would love to hear them please! You are probably wondering though, why not just ask my friends to help? Well my friends are always busy with their quests or role playing, so I'm on my own...
I actually gave up on my Myth wizard at the start of AV because I didn't think I could throw enough frogs to make a dent in that world. I have since missed Myth and have started another, sometimes my second try at a school works out better.

The only thing I can recommend is par down your deck for quick mob fights using blades only and run frogs often, since they only require 4 pips to toss stick a sprite spell in or in your sideboard. Gear is also important here. I had the Wintertusk crafted helmet and rob and I think lvl 58 boots. We use 2 decks, one set for mobs one for boss fights. We don't get crazy with all the other strategies in the game like gear swapping and we certainly don't have the best pets, etc..

Mary

Defender
Jun 17, 2012
Dustin ThunderSton... on Nov 29, 2013 wrote:
cast a minion, shield them, when your enemy has lots of pips shield you or your minion. when your enemy doesn't have enough pips to do any real damage then blade/trap. even if you don't have tower shield spell, buy some treasure cards.

anyway, repeat until you have lots of traps, use an enchant on a powerful spell, if both of your enemies have lots of pips or both don't have much pips, use frog or earthquake. if one of your enemies has lots of pips, use medusa or another powerful spell.

oh yeah, and make sure you have some armor that gives myth damage, and heal when needed. these techniques got me from lvl 1 to 95. I hope this helped.

Justin firethief lvl 95

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
Ok. This is something that has a few options of what you can do

-Keep trying
-Quest in Wintertusk, to gain a few levels to be more powerful
-Buy good treasure cards and keep trying.

I had trouble with these too, and i used number 1.

~Angela Gem

Survivor
Jan 28, 2012
I know that bladed frogs get through mobs faster. BUT sometimes it's not about the speed if you can't survive the fight. You might want to consider something a bit stronger. You can use a buffed medusa. Yes I know taking out each enemy takes time, and sometimes you have to heal in between. It's just to get in more, get better dropped gear. Up your damage and critical levels. And pip percentage. If you can get power pips more often, that will make a difference.
One of the celestia spells, star magic you can train 'empowerment' which will give you a pip for every spell over 4 pips that you're hit with.
You also might want to look at your gear. In a mob fight go with a higher critical rating, you can survive a hit or two if you end it quick. You can always have a second set of gear with better block for bosses.
You should also check your damage percent. My gear adds 47% damage, every myth spell no turn needed to set a blade.
Do you have a pet with a myth blade. Again I don't know what you normally have as a pet but I have 2, the pet with a myth blade for mobs. And one that heals for bosses. IF you remember to check your gear before a boss fight you can have different sets for different fights.
Do a blade buffed frog, attack. And repeat. Sometimes you can't do it the first time, but it's about the victory at the end not the high damage to get there.

We're MYTH wizards we can do one hit victories but it's not necessary for us to win.

Michelle Dragonwhisper level 83 Myth

Defender
Mar 30, 2010
I find my more often than not taking enemies out one at a time. Sure I can frog them to death or throw a quake in but those animations have grown very boring and I don not always kill with a frog or quake right away. I don't wait a million rounds to mega boost either trying to find every last blade or boost that I have in my deck. I just lightly boost up a little, and take a minion out. Medusa and Basilisk are usually the methods, but sometimes Ninja pigs or Orthrus does the job just as nicely. Ninja pigs with colossal on is over 900, lol.

Sometimes I boost just once and throw a Basilisk out and then throw a blade and then frog taking out one and leaving one damaged. Minotaur is fun too.

I don't like the small decks as they make the game boring for me with casting thesame 2 or 3 spells and repeating like that every single fight. I know this works well for a lot of people, but it's very bland and boring to me so I mix it up a little!

Of course, if had an Attack all spell that did more base damage than 300 like every single other school, I doubt this post would even be here lol.