Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Five Enemies Across The Spiral

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 26, 2012
When we start out in the game in Wizard City we are confronted by a singular enemy in our first enemy encounter. On Colossus Avenue we are then confronted two enemies at once. And throughout Wizard City we are told to defeat five enemies. And as we progress through the Spiral, the amount of enemies encountered in battle is two at a time. Yet, when land in, say, Mooshu we encounter two enemies at a time, yet we are still told to defeat five enemies on some missions. Yet, in others we are asked to defeat eight. For the missions we are told to defeat five enemies, why hasn't this been increased to six enemies? I ask because it seems to me it would make sense to do this. Thanks for listening.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Life Druid on Nov 29, 2013 wrote:
When we start out in the game in Wizard City we are confronted by a singular enemy in our first enemy encounter. On Colossus Avenue we are then confronted two enemies at once. And throughout Wizard City we are told to defeat five enemies. And as we progress through the Spiral, the amount of enemies encountered in battle is two at a time. Yet, when land in, say, Mooshu we encounter two enemies at a time, yet we are still told to defeat five enemies on some missions. Yet, in others we are asked to defeat eight. For the missions we are told to defeat five enemies, why hasn't this been increased to six enemies? I ask because it seems to me it would make sense to do this. Thanks for listening.
Because it is possible, if planned right and the correct spells come up,. to battle only one at a time to gain five. I've done it a bunch of times. There's no need to change anything.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Life Druid on Nov 29, 2013 wrote:
I have often wondered the same, and can come up with only one possibility: KI does it to annoy us.

-v.

Delver
Mar 10, 2009
Dr Von on Nov 29, 2013 wrote:
I have often wondered the same, and can come up with only one possibility: KI does it to annoy us.

-v.
You my brilliant friend have solved it

Delver
Aug 26, 2012
RavenLady777 on Nov 29, 2013 wrote:
Because it is possible, if planned right and the correct spells come up,. to battle only one at a time to gain five. I've done it a bunch of times. There's no need to change anything.
Oh but what if the enemy is too strong for 1 hit KO? I really want to learn how to do this since its very annoying when I have to fight an odd ( 1, 3, 5,7,9 ect.) number of enemies.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Dr Von on Nov 29, 2013 wrote:

-v.
LOL! well there is that.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
My guess for the odd numbers in the quests is to encourage players to work together. While doing them alone you need to do more battles fighting only 2 at a time. It's much easier with at least one more wizard.