Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I have a question about shadow magic!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 16, 2009
Hello Wizard101,
You have done an amazing job with Khrysalis! Khrysalis is amazing honestly I love it, it's not super hard but it's also not too easy either, even the music is much better than normal! My only question is about shadow magic, I was really excited to learn shadow magic but I don't know how. I am not sure if it's a side quest or main and I am not sure who gives the quest (I normally wiki things before I do it so I am sure about what to come) but they didn't put Khrysalis on the wiki yet and I am really struggling to find out what quest I have to receive for shadow magic so please reply! :)

Sayonara!
Kevin BattleBreeze Level: 92
Seth MoonGrove Level: 32
Alexander SkullFlameLevel: 18 Death
Blaze SkyCloud Level: 31

Explorer
Aug 21, 2009
Shadow Magic can only be obtained once you have finished Eclipse Tower (which is part of the MAIN quests) and have reached Level 92.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
It is on the main quest. After you free Sophia Darkside talk to her and she will give you a quest to learn shadow magic. Hope I helped :D

Explorer
Dec 09, 2010
Keep questing in Khrysalis, you will be able to learn Shadow Magic in the main quest but not until later in the world.

Hope this helps!

Explorer
Jul 01, 2011
japan1130 on Nov 19, 2013 wrote:
Hello Wizard101,
You have done an amazing job with Khrysalis! Khrysalis is amazing honestly I love it, it's not super hard but it's also not too easy either, even the music is much better than normal! My only question is about shadow magic, I was really excited to learn shadow magic but I don't know how. I am not sure if it's a side quest or main and I am not sure who gives the quest (I normally wiki things before I do it so I am sure about what to come) but they didn't put Khrysalis on the wiki yet and I am really struggling to find out what quest I have to receive for shadow magic so please reply! :)

Sayonara!
Hello fellow wizard! I am glad you asked that question. It is part of the main storyline so you will get it when the time comes. Once you complete the quest she gives you one of the three Shadow spells for free based on your school. If you wish to get the other two you need Training points. Hope that helps!

Thomas Dragonrider 95Wizard

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Just follow the storyline quests and you'll get to it. You'll be level 95 before you get it. It's not a side quest, it's part of the story. You have to beat the Eclipse Tower twice, with harder bosses the second time.

Defender
Dec 25, 2012
japan1130 on Nov 19, 2013 wrote:
Hello Wizard101,

Sayonara!
you get shadow magic part of main quest before fort rachias

Survivor
Dec 27, 2011
According to the Khrysalis introduction: Shadow Magic is learned from Sofia DarkSide, a wise mouse mage located in the Eclipse Tower in Moon Cliffs. You will only be able to access her after you have completed the quest "Touching Shadow" and after you defeat her, she will teach you Shadow Magic.

Explorer
Jun 29, 2009
You will obtain Shadow Magic when you defeat the "Brood Mother" and lead on to her quest of fixing the moon crown, it is not a side quest. Just follow the main quest and you will see. :)

Justin Firethief

Explorer
Jun 26, 2013
There is one thing that needs to be said is that to get to the Eclipse Tower you do need to quest extremely far into the main quest line. Me personally, it took me over 2 hours from the start of Khrysalis to get all the way to the Tower. Also I would recommend entering the tower with a friend or 2. I would also recommend to not do a single side quest while inside the new world because it will just yield you from being able to get the Shadow Magic. Trust me on this one.

Sarah SparkleCloud Lvl. 95