Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Problem with the new quest finder.

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 28, 2013
Hello,

I was intrigued with the new Quest finder feature. I have tried it. However, there is a problem with the new feature. When you click the finder, you lose your yellow arrow. There is no arrow showing you where to go. I have tried this on two different computers.
Please look into this matter. Thank You.

Mark Dragonleaf L58 Storm

Survivor
Apr 02, 2011
Seems like they might have more problems then that. Mine doesn't get rid of my arrow, yet, but instead always pops up a windows that says "There are no available quests in this world." Strange since 7 out of the 8 quests I have are in Avalon where I am at.

I am assuming this new feature is supposed to work in any world.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I posted about this too, but only noticed it in Dragonspyre. The other worlds so far (I've been doing them in the order listed in the world tree) have been fine

Survivor
Apr 02, 2011
I think I found out what is going on. This button finds NEW quests or basically quests you have not accepted yet, not quests you have already accepted and just haven't done yet. To find the closest quest that you have already accepted, use CTRL+SHFT+Q.

Defender
Jun 28, 2013
Hello again,

Stevebue yes, I agree,
I think the CTRL+SHFT+Q, is the best way to go, I use it all the time. However, you mentioned that it might be for new quests. It seems that this is the case. I just tested it. I went up to a NPC with a quest I did not have yet and I pointed to him.
Thank You.
Mark Dragonleaf L59 Storm
Mark Shadowleaf L17 fire
Mark Dawndust L58 Balance

Survivor
Nov 23, 2012
Another thing is on my new level 5 wizard I am using quest finder, and it keeps telling me to go to nightshade. I can't go there yet and it's really annoying that I can't use it in most of wizard city because of nightshade. I know there are other quests, I have had many wizards at level 5 before, but can't seem to find them. I thought quest finder would be great, but it's not really helping me. It would be better if it only showed quests to places you have unlocked.
-Lauren DragonTail

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Lauren Dragotnail on Jan 25, 2014 wrote:
Another thing is on my new level 5 wizard I am using quest finder, and it keeps telling me to go to nightshade. I can't go there yet and it's really annoying that I can't use it in most of wizard city because of nightshade. I know there are other quests, I have had many wizards at level 5 before, but can't seem to find them. I thought quest finder would be great, but it's not really helping me. It would be better if it only showed quests to places you have unlocked.
-Lauren DragonTail
Try using it in another area of Wizard City. It picks the nearest quest.