Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Krhysalis to hard for Balance?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 29, 2011
Well, first of all, you have to fight 3 bosses by yourself. I personally don't want to waste my crowns on henchman just for a few bosses. It seems like this world will be to hard for the Balance school. Would you agree or is it really not that hard?

Sierra Darkhaven, level 90
Haley Stormheart, level 71

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
jsweety on Nov 16, 2013 wrote:
Well, first of all, you have to fight 3 bosses by yourself. I personally don't want to waste my crowns on henchman just for a few bosses. It seems like this world will be to hard for the Balance school. Would you agree or is it really not that hard?

Nah I think Krhysalis is fairly easy and it isn't specifically hard for balance wizards. I soloed the first few bosses so far on my fire just fine. Maybe you should try a different strategy or if possible get better gear?

Survivor
Feb 02, 2011
I am death and the only balance i have would be on my other account and he's only lvl 12 so i cannot really say anything about your problem but so far, it's been pretty easy to solo, just time consuming. I fear for when i try it on my myth since it has been a hard school to solo with.

Survivor
Mar 26, 2012
I think balance will do just fine here. It will take us longer to finish a lot of battles if we do them solo, but we can do it. I did the first few battles at the beginning solo of course and I did them without henchman. In the boss battle with the balance guy I did use my newer balance minion. It did take me a while to finish this battle as I had to blade up and kill the storm spiders then blade up to use chimera against the boss.
Balance is awesome! Just strategize wisely and you will be fine.

Survivor
Dec 11, 2011
I could see why you think it would be hard for balance wizards. They should really give that school convert with bosses being so high. Balance already doesn't have elemental blades or traps, or school specific shields. All other schools have convert, and mass convert because I'm sure KI realized how hard mobs can be when you have to individually convert them. You deserve to at least have convert because the bosses health is really high. Being that your damage goes up throughout the world of Krhysalis, hopefully it will only be a bit more challenging in the beginning stages.

Scarlet Stone lvl 13
Scarlet Sun lvl 50
Scarlet Star lvl 91
Scarlet Winter lvl 22

Survivor
Jul 08, 2009
Yep, my balance made it through just fine after I got used to playing her solo again!

Explorer
Aug 21, 2009
The school that really worries me is ICE . I lost count of how many Ice Bosses I had to face.

Eric

Delver
Apr 20, 2011
jsweety on Nov 16, 2013 wrote:

Yep, I think I have to agree with you Sierra.
I was battling Mirrormask and really struggled. I decided to buy some henchmen but due to a glitch the game was showing I had no crowns (when my balance was actually closer to 5000 lol). Even when this glitch corrected itself and I had a life henchman I was down to only THREE cards when I finished her off.
I do adjust my deck each battle but it's getting harder to know what spells we should include more of.
I always add plenty of balance blades and shields but I'm never sure whether to use more group hits like sandstorm (which are pretty weak anyway) or concentrate on one bit hit with something like Sabertooth.
ATM I'm using a combo of WW and Hades gear (I found it almost impossible to get the full Hades gear).
Because our school is "a little of everything" we don't have the high damage of other schools.
Good luck as you journey through Kyrsallis Sierra, if you see me online I'll be more than happy to help you fight the enemies.
James Dreamweaver Lvl 90

Explorer
Feb 29, 2012
Enlightened One on Nov 18, 2013 wrote:
Yep, I think I have to agree with you Sierra.
I was battling Mirrormask and really struggled. I decided to buy some henchmen but due to a glitch the game was showing I had no crowns (when my balance was actually closer to 5000 lol). Even when this glitch corrected itself and I had a life henchman I was down to only THREE cards when I finished her off.
I do adjust my deck each battle but it's getting harder to know what spells we should include more of.
I always add plenty of balance blades and shields but I'm never sure whether to use more group hits like sandstorm (which are pretty weak anyway) or concentrate on one bit hit with something like Sabertooth.
ATM I'm using a combo of WW and Hades gear (I found it almost impossible to get the full Hades gear).
Because our school is "a little of everything" we don't have the high damage of other schools.
Good luck as you journey through Kyrsallis Sierra, if you see me online I'll be more than happy to help you fight the enemies.
James Dreamweaver Lvl 90
yea due to my balance having horrible universal resist i had trouble with mirrormask also because chimera takes too long to set up, so i stopped for a bit and farmed Hades got some gear and demolished her it isnt too hard after the solo stuff even though i am currently still on bastion

Keelan Sun Vault lvl 91

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
I am a solo Balance wizard and have had no issues thus far;
i had mirrormask down in one hit... so i laughed in her face and celebrated with fish-paste brownies.

a combo of the right gear and a solid deck setup is nigh unbeatable~ if you find that you're getting killed in 3 rounds, take a good look at:

1) your stats

in order of importance:
(i've included my own for reference)

1) resist (37% universal)
2) block (195 universal)
3) accuracy/damage (92% and +76%, respectively)
4) incoming heal (44%)
5) health (4756)
6) critical (153 for balance)

my stats are awesome, and there's no good reason yours can't be as well.

-

2) your deck:

if you pack light, it guarantees that you'll get the cards you need when you need them. so pack only what is absolutely necessary, and no more.

it kinda makes me sad that, at level 90, balance wizards still have no efficient way around weakness or shields without losing all of their buffs as well. to counter it, my wizard carries shatter, pierce, and cleanse charm in her sideboard at all times~ without a mastery amulet, shatter is a pip-guzzler, but (during those same-school boss fights that all sorcerers hate) it's really the only option we have.

hope this helps, sort of.

-von
promethean something or other

Survivor
Sep 22, 2012
hmm, well depends on who the person is. if you know how to make a school strong or highly skilled, then I think you can do it

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
I finished khrysalis solo and I'm a balance. It's not hard at all if you have the right gear and know how to fight the occasional balance boss and minions. Shadow Shrike made that a lot easier with the +50 pierce.

William WildBlood PVP Warlord