Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Shadow Magic

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 21, 2012
In the final fight ending part 2 we see Morganth using both set of shadow spells. There have been a few instances where I did get the pips and was able to do the same.

The results were somewhat less than pristine.

I summoned Dark Shepherd, and followed it with 2 sprites, great, got blade and pierce charm, backlash went down. Third round, I got another shadow pip, and Shadow Seraph was up. Shadow likes shadow, so I cast it. Backlash went down again and I got Shepherd's heal boost. Worked perfect, so I thought.

Now that is 3 rounds, 3 decreases in backlash. Means backlash should be minimal right? Boom. 30 percent backlash. Why didn't it go down?

So at this point, I attracted aggro, and got a couple black mantles while trying to make up for the backlash. 3 rounds I get one heal off, just one. Backlash went down 10. By rights, I should be getting a 20 percent backlash.

Backlash hit, and it was minimal, just as if I healed all 3 rounds.

It seems to be applying the second backlash right away, and holding off the first backlash until the end of the 6th round.

Anyone else go through this?

Survivor
Aug 04, 2014
mebbenow on Aug 24, 2014 wrote:
In the final fight ending part 2 we see Morganth using both set of shadow spells. There have been a few instances where I did get the pips and was able to do the same.

The results were somewhat less than pristine.

I summoned Dark Shepherd, and followed it with 2 sprites, great, got blade and pierce charm, backlash went down. Third round, I got another shadow pip, and Shadow Seraph was up. Shadow likes shadow, so I cast it. Backlash went down again and I got Shepherd's heal boost. Worked perfect, so I thought.

Now that is 3 rounds, 3 decreases in backlash. Means backlash should be minimal right? Boom. 30 percent backlash. Why didn't it go down?

So at this point, I attracted aggro, and got a couple black mantles while trying to make up for the backlash. 3 rounds I get one heal off, just one. Backlash went down 10. By rights, I should be getting a 20 percent backlash.

Backlash hit, and it was minimal, just as if I healed all 3 rounds.

It seems to be applying the second backlash right away, and holding off the first backlash until the end of the 6th round.

Anyone else go through this?
This place sounds hard but only because I am lvl 20

Survivor
Apr 24, 2010
Survivor
Feb 13, 2014
About Shadow Magic, I think that it should be the 8th primary school!!

This would be a good idea for a new update, here's some reasons:

1. Shadow School attacks are already released

2. Shadow Blades exist

3. It would just be fun for players to see a new school

-Brandon ShadowMancer
Level 5

Survivor
Aug 19, 2012
Explorer
Apr 21, 2012
MacKenzieCookie on Aug 31, 2014 wrote:
This place sounds hard but only because I am lvl 20
Do not let it rattle you. Its actually not bad really. Something I noticed strange about summoning shadow while using shadow. Bug maybe. Besides, there are loads of people around. Never be shy to ask for help with something if you need it.

Survivor
Sep 15, 2010
How or where do i get to learn shadow creatures? is it in part 2 of Krysilis or where?

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Dolan RavenCatcher on Dec 1, 2014 wrote:
How or where do i get to learn shadow creatures? is it in part 2 of Krysilis or where?
Solar Arc, Kondha Desert, Khrysalis part 2.

Survivor
Sep 23, 2014
shadow magic sounds so awesome does anyone know what level you need to be on to get shadow magic and what world it is in.

Seth SkullMancer lvl22

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
iamdbest101 on Dec 22, 2014 wrote:
shadow magic sounds so awesome does anyone know what level you need to be on to get shadow magic and what world it is in.

Seth SkullMancer lvl22
You need to be level 92 and have completed the quest Shadow Dancer in Khrysalis for Shadow Transformations, and level 97 for Shadow Creatures.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Bale blaring on Nov 4, 2014 wrote:
About Shadow Magic, I think that it should be the 8th primary school!!

This would be a good idea for a new update, here's some reasons:

1. Shadow School attacks are already released

2. Shadow Blades exist

3. It would just be fun for players to see a new school

-Brandon ShadowMancer
Level 5
I heavily doubt KI will add new primary schools.

Survivor
Feb 17, 2013
Shadow magic I wouldn't say is that hard though if your team is good u won't have problems getting it

Suggestion bring a life wizard

Travis Windtalon

Exalted

Survivor
Feb 17, 2013
mickdea on Dec 4, 2013 wrote:
Hi I am level 95 and have not even got the quest for shadow magic. It seems strange or I missed a quest somewhere please help me plz.
Just because your lvl 95 doesn't mean you can get it, it's not bas ed on lvl it's based on how far you are in the game, I got shadowned magic at lvl 93 so it's not lvl bases

Travis Windtalon

Exalted

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Zane72800 on Jan 22, 2015 wrote:
Just because your lvl 95 doesn't mean you can get it, it's not bas ed on lvl it's based on how far you are in the game, I got shadowned magic at lvl 93 so it's not lvl bases

Travis Windtalon

Exalted
There are also level requirements for the spells, 92 for Shadow Transformations and 97 for Shadow Creatures.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
lewski on Jan 23, 2015 wrote:
There are also level requirements for the spells, 92 for Shadow Transformations and 97 for Shadow Creatures.
The level requirements are kinda moot though. Just doing storyline quests, skipping all side quests, will get you to that point of the game 3 levels higher than the "minimum".

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
seethe42 on Jan 23, 2015 wrote:
The level requirements are kinda moot though. Just doing storyline quests, skipping all side quests, will get you to that point of the game 3 levels higher than the "minimum".
Yeah, they're not really relevant, I was just pointing out that technically, there are indeed level requirements.

Survivor
Nov 14, 2012
promethean pyromna... on Nov 17, 2013 wrote:
is shadow magic hard to get cause i dont wanna go through another quest like the one for the school aura
It's not that hard if you have the right team go in with you

Survivor
Nov 14, 2012
mickdea on Dec 4, 2013 wrote:
Hi I am level 95 and have not even got the quest for shadow magic. It seems strange or I missed a quest somewhere please help me plz.
It's actually not strange and you probably didn't miss anything, I got the quest on my storm when I was level 98. If you did a lot of sides you'll have to wait longer like on my ice, I got it when it was level 100.

Survivor
Jul 31, 2011
It's very strange type of magic, but its enjoyable. Too bad I have to deal with backlash.

Talon
Level 100

Survivor
Jul 31, 2011
vane310 on Jan 27, 2015 wrote:
It's actually not strange and you probably didn't miss anything, I got the quest on my storm when I was level 98. If you did a lot of sides you'll have to wait longer like on my ice, I got it when it was level 100.
Nice username, but yeah i got mine at level 98. On my other character level 100 also, did tons of side quests just to see how useful they are. if you have time, do side quests! (to everyone) :)

Survivor
Mar 02, 2013
Professor Greyrose on Nov 15, 2013 wrote:

There is another kind of magic in the Spiral, in addition to the seven primary schools and the three Astral schools – it is an underlying, reality-defining and bending magic known as Shadow Magic. Shadow Magic can only be trained by spending Training Points, and cannot be learned as a Primary School of focus.

Shadow Magic is learned from Sofia DarkSide, a wise mouse mage located in the Eclipse Tower in Moon Cliffs. You will only be able to access her after you have completed the quest "Touching Shadow" and after you defeat her, she will teach you Shadow Magic.

Shadow Magic is so powerful and so dangerous that Bartleby and Grandmother Raven told Merle Ambrose not to delve into it, and especially not teach it to his students. Shadow magic was forbidden for it touches the true essence of the Spiral. This is the forbidden knowledge that Morganthe has so long coveted.

Shadow Magic enhances the spells you cast while the Shadow Magic spell is in effect. It is unstable and difficult to control. Players will need to learn how to best manage Shadow Magic and learn how to harness its very powerful benefits.

There are 3 different Shadow Self spells. You will be awarded one of them, based on your school. The other 2 can be learned by spending Training Points at Sofia DarkSide.

Ah but there's so much more...

Shadow Pips
Shadow Magic cannot be cast with regular or power pips, but must be cast with special new Shadow Pips. You will only have a chance of receiving Shadow pips if you have trained Shadow Magic.

Backlash
All Shadow Spells run the risk of Backlash Damage. When a player casts a Shadow Damage spell, a Shadow Aura appears. That Shadow Aura will change based on the player's actions. The angrier looking the Shadow Aura, the stronger the Backlash will be once the Shadow Magic spell expires. Damage caused by Backlash ignores all resistances, shields and modifiers!

PvP
Shadow Magic can be used in all PvP, young Wizards, so this should make things very interesting....
Where can I get the shadow enhanced cards or what level I have to be to get them

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
JamesFirethorn2014 on Feb 27, 2015 wrote:
Where can I get the shadow enhanced cards or what level I have to be to get them
You get your Shadow Enhanced Spell in Darkmoor, which is a side area of Wizard City and accessible at level 100.

Survivor
Mar 02, 2013
Survivor
Mar 02, 2013
Survivor
Oct 26, 2013
JamesFirethorn2014 on Mar 2, 2015 wrote:
Shadow magic Is great keep up the good work KINGSISLE
i hope that kingisle will keep on making stronger and new magic