Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Welcome to Khrysalis

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
I wonder what the level cap will be for part 2 :D make it 101

Survivor
Dec 04, 2012
Matthew g on Jan 6, 2014 wrote:
Matthew Griffengem 64

i wish that khrysalis is not the end i hope it is the end of morganthe but i hope it is not the end of the game

Don't worry Matthew. Its not. Kingsile inc. wrote on their blog that after you beat morganthe a new villan will come to threaten the spiral making a 3rd arc with 5 new worlds again! So don't worry and don't forget kingsile has always come up with something

Survivor
May 25, 2012
Malorn AshThorn446 on Jan 17, 2014 wrote:
Because normally, each new world introduces 10 more levels. But since Khrysalis was divided into 2 separate parts, each part only gives 5 levels.
Also, they include new level gear from 90-100. Usually, The last boss drops the highest level gear, but I noticed that he gave out 98+ gear. In my prediction, Khrysalis part 2 will have its level cap raised to 100 or even higher . But its quests will be longer and have higer XP.

Survivor
Nov 24, 2012
Survivor
Jul 01, 2012
Professor Greyrose on Nov 15, 2013 wrote:
Khrysalis
Still confident from her victory in Azteca, Morganthe has dragged the souls of the oldest Aztecosaurs to her dark tower to assemble the Celestial Choir in her place of power. Now she will use their primal song to rewrite the Spiral in her image.

The Council of Light, that ancient assembly under the leadership of Merle Ambrose, knows it has precious little time to act. Merle gathers what is left of the council – the Emperor of MooShu, Diego the Duelmaster and Lydia Greyrose – and they come up with a desperate plan: arm the Wizards and send them into the spider’s fangs. The call to action is now!

Morganthe has created an eldritch ward to hold back her ancient enemies. But the Council of Light believes the heroic Wizards can use trickery and willpower to slip through her defenses, in their last, best hope to shatter her plans.

You will be called upon to travel to a small Spiral island, a fragment of a broken world lost to time. From the edge of this island, one can see the dark swirl of Khrysalis. You will explore Morganthe's world, searching for ways to disrupt her power, help those pinned down under the weight of her tyranny, and learn the secrets of her magic in order to have a chance of restoring the Spiral.
  • Your Wizard must be a minimum of level 85
  • You must have completed the Azteca quest "Speaker for the Dead"
  • Speak to Merle Ambrose and he will send you to summon members of the council of light with the quest "Letters of Light"
Khrysalis Access Passes for our Crowns players are priced at 1995 each.
Love this world already! Thanks kingsisle!

Joshua Dragonsword 91

Survivor
Jun 08, 2011
I would like to give a shout out to the hard working super beings on here that we know as administrators.
Thank you for keeping our message board clean, keeping us entertained with wizard101, and always coming out with new content! thank you so very much and keep up the good work!

-Connor Ironblood, level 71, (almost 72),

Survivor
Jul 13, 2013
I can`t wait to go to Khrysalis! I am on Avalon at the moment . Can`t wait to try the new shadow magic spells! So excited!

Survivor
May 17, 2010
to bad it is so hard to get past start of khrysalis cant do it without buying crowns and cant afford that might have to quit playing

Survivor
Jun 09, 2012
Professor Greyrose on Nov 15, 2013 wrote:
Khrysalis
Still confident from her victory in Azteca, Morganthe has dragged the souls of the oldest Aztecosaurs to her dark tower to assemble the Celestial Choir in her place of power. Now she will use their primal song to rewrite the Spiral in her image.

The Council of Light, that ancient assembly under the leadership of Merle Ambrose, knows it has precious little time to act. Merle gathers what is left of the council – the Emperor of MooShu, Diego the Duelmaster and Lydia Greyrose – and they come up with a desperate plan: arm the Wizards and send them into the spider’s fangs. The call to action is now!

Morganthe has created an eldritch ward to hold back her ancient enemies. But the Council of Light believes the heroic Wizards can use trickery and willpower to slip through her defenses, in their last, best hope to shatter her plans.

You will be called upon to travel to a small Spiral island, a fragment of a broken world lost to time. From the edge of this island, one can see the dark swirl of Khrysalis. You will explore Morganthe's world, searching for ways to disrupt her power, help those pinned down under the weight of her tyranny, and learn the secrets of her magic in order to have a chance of restoring the Spiral.
  • Your Wizard must be a minimum of level 85
  • You must have completed the Azteca quest "Speaker for the Dead"
  • Speak to Merle Ambrose and he will send you to summon members of the council of light with the quest "Letters of Light"
Khrysalis Access Passes for our Crowns players are priced at 1995 each.
man khrysalis looks amazing i can't wait to advance to it but sadly i'm only on three points :P man i need to focus more and maybe purchase a new membership

Benjamin Dark Spear Level 81wizard

Survivor
Feb 04, 2010
I haven't quite gotten to the world just yet, but the Bastion theme is my favorite so far in the entirety of the game. I teleported to my friend who was there and got a small peek at the Last Wood and The Silent Market, which were beautiful and at the same time a sort of elegant-meets-primal style, what with the little tents and the great stone towers. I am honestly super excited for this world, even though I know it's gonna be super hard. To be honest, I might have been there already if I hadn't forgotten my password for a few years and stopped playing. When I came back, though, Celestia was just barely coming out of the shadows of development, and I still, to this day, love the concept art for the world, with the desk that has all of the stuff on it, and the pillar with the pink gem in it. I am also super excited for Polaris, Empyrea, etc. From what I can gather, there is a sort of Kremlin-like building there, so maybe it's like Russia but with Polar Bears and Penguins? I don't know. But, anyway, I was a little disappointed by the lack of clothing and wand shops in Khrysalis, or maybe I was just in the wrong place. One of my favorite things to do when I go to a new world is check out the clothes and pets and such that are unique to that world.
-Oran Sunleaf Lv.43

Survivor
Jul 10, 2011
Did anyone else notice the reference (I think they referenced to it) to the Ender's Game series' Speaker for the Dead? I love that book!

-Fallon Redsword,
Level 43 Pyromancer

Survivor
Oct 19, 2013
That place is cool did you see what the place looks like Evan

Survivor
Dec 17, 2009
In the prophecy morganthe speaks of does from the shadow I strike refer to old cob

Artur Firecaster

Survivor
Nov 20, 2010
Anyone have any advice for a level 94 wizard who can't get passed Zaltanna the Mirrormask. I am wanting to defeat her without using Crowns for henchmen or minions.

Survivor
Dec 01, 2013
I am really addicted to wizard101 and wish that I could purchase membership. But I can't. I guess I am just going to have to wait for my birthday I saw khrysalis by watching Blaze Lifehammer's videos on YouTube it is so awesome I can't wait to be able to go there. But unfortunately I have a long way to go.

Mackenzie Stormthief : level 35

Survivor
Sep 28, 2014
Survivor
Jun 20, 2012
Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
What if you implemented a feature that let players purchase a level 100.

I know what you might be thinking. This may destroy the games real "feel". Leveling to 100. However I find it excrutiating to level another wizard. Going through the same worlds over and over is so boring. So here are some suggested limits on the feature:
-Must own one level 100
-must have a membership
-Can only purchase this twice on one account.

I really want an Exalted Storm wizard, but I don't want to go through the worlds again.

Survivor
Nov 24, 2012
Malorn AshThorn446 on Nov 27, 2013 wrote:
I was in love with this world the first time I set foot in it! And that was on test! As soon as I set foot on Khrysalis, I knew I was in for some fun. Though it took me multiple tries on live to defeat Kaliklak and Zaltanna the Mirrormask, (and multiple trips back and forth from Khrysalis and Wizard City for potions) I was able to get a lot done in certain days. After working with another person to defeat Morganthe's Warlord, Kravenly the Hunter, I was able to breeze through most everything until my battle with Atlach-Leng. On my second set of mob battles for Fort Rachias, I met the very people who would go with me all the way to Ghost Dog and beyond. We were able to power our way through everything in our path and when we got to Ghost Dog, well lets just say he didn't a GHOST of a chance. This was on the very same day I got myself into Fort Rachias! Ghost Dog wasn't too hard to take down the first time but once Morganthe brought him back from the edge of defeat and gave him SHADOW MAGIC, it took us a bit longer to defeat him. Kingsisle did a very good job of confusing me about Ghost Dog's origins! I'd like to say he is from Mooshu since he talks about the way of the samoorai, (Note: This is how Samurai is spelled in the game, for the Samurai of Mooshu are cows. But that is all a different story.) but I cannot due to the fact that he is a dog as mentioned in his name, since the dogs are one of the 3 different inhabitants of Marleybone. So me and another person came to the conclusion that he must be like the cat ninja in Pirate101, who was born in Marleybone but raised in Mooshu. Now that I am done, I feel extremely bored and wanting more! Can't wait for part 2!
It's just great.

Survivor
Oct 04, 2015
I cannot wait to go to Khrysalis someday but for now I am in krokotopia which can mean my adventure continues to make my journey!!!

Survivor
Jun 28, 2015
Malorn AshThorn446 on Jan 11, 2014 wrote:
Since when did they say Khrysalis would be the end of the game? It is just the conclusion of the Morganthe saga, and there is much more to come. And to quote what Headmaster Ambrose said in this month's newsletter:

"As we look into this brand new year of 2014, there's much to come; big and small! As you know, the latest world of Khrysalis was split into two large game updates, one last year, and one this year. With this new world expansion will come many challenges and surprises! Look for Morganthe's chapter to conclude on an unexpected note!

But of course, that's not the end of the tale, not by far! Wizard101's first chapter began in Wizard City, and culminated with the defeat of Malistaire. Wizard101's second chapter began in Celestia with the introduction of Morganthe and will conclude in Khrysalis Part 2. There are many chapters to come that will introduce new villains, new allies, new challenges, and new stories of mystery and intrigue that will continue the story that is Wizard101. "- Headmaster Merle Ambrose.

So no worries, the game is nowhere near over with yet. Much more is yet to come! New worlds, new allies, new villains and of course, more crazy, hilarious and ridiculous dialogue, quest names and characters!
honestly I came across this newsletter after the first world of arc 3 came out o this is stuff most people know by now

Survivor
Apr 12, 2010
Hey fellow wizards! Just entering Khrysalis, so excited! But, i got a feeling that it's gonna be really hard. Because i was defeated by a couple of painted spiders! So i hope i have a questing buddy, or else i'm gonna die, and die, and die, and die,and die

Boris wild Hammer lvl 90 wizard

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
Just a hint for everyone try to find a friend who you can quest with. It makes a BIG difference, time and skill wise.

Christo Ghoststone lvl 92

Survivor
Jun 23, 2015
Survivor
May 15, 2009
I Need help in the 2nd boss in kris but everytime i get close he criticals and kills me can anyone give me some tips?