Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Welcome to Khrysalis

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Khrysalis
Still confident from her victory in Azteca, Morganthe has dragged the souls of the oldest Aztecosaurs to her dark tower to assemble the Celestial Choir in her place of power. Now she will use their primal song to rewrite the Spiral in her image.

The Council of Light, that ancient assembly under the leadership of Merle Ambrose, knows it has precious little time to act. Merle gathers what is left of the council – the Emperor of MooShu, Diego the Duelmaster and Lydia Greyrose – and they come up with a desperate plan: arm the Wizards and send them into the spider’s fangs. The call to action is now!

Morganthe has created an eldritch ward to hold back her ancient enemies. But the Council of Light believes the heroic Wizards can use trickery and willpower to slip through her defenses, in their last, best hope to shatter her plans.

You will be called upon to travel to a small Spiral island, a fragment of a broken world lost to time. From the edge of this island, one can see the dark swirl of Khrysalis. You will explore Morganthe's world, searching for ways to disrupt her power, help those pinned down under the weight of her tyranny, and learn the secrets of her magic in order to have a chance of restoring the Spiral.
  • Your Wizard must be a minimum of level 85
  • You must have completed the Azteca quest "Speaker for the Dead"
  • Speak to Merle Ambrose and he will send you to summon members of the council of light with the quest "Letters of Light"
Khrysalis Access Passes for our Crowns players are priced at 1995 each.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Nov 23, 2012
Khyrsalis looks so cool! Too bad I'm only level 72 in drum jungle

------Joshua Batttlehammer level 72

Explorer
Dec 01, 2012
This looks like it is gonna rock! But sadly, like fyromancer, I'm too low of a level. Could you make another world like Aquila, where multiple kinds of levels can go in, but not make all dungeons?

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
I am very excited that the Morganthe story line is coming to a close! Not because i didn't like it, but because i am excited for the most epic- morganthe battle!

Angela Gem
Level 73
Life

Survivor
Aug 30, 2011
Survivor
Mar 21, 2011
geez, always the level 90's who get the challanging stuff, am i right or am i right?
hi, my name is sarai ghosthunter level 86 life student,
and this new world thats called "Khrysails' i believe,
i am so close to finishing Azteca, bbut not that close, i am like so far behind that its heartbreaking,
but i'll just try to finish Azteca in a hurry, and has anyone else seen the new magic thats called
"Shadow Magic'? i have only seen it once and that was when i was battlling a ice boss,
my friend is a death stundet so it fit him quite amazingly,
an is was just unbelieveable, but i am not going to tell you all the stuff yet just ask a friend of have learned Shadow magic
have fun!!!!!
this massage was from sarai ghosthunter level 86 life peace!!!

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
I am already in love with this world on the 2nd day of questing! I am simply amazed on how well the Story Line of this world was placed. Though I've never thought Mice and Bugs would share a world, it just amazes me how different the two are. The Last Wood reminds me of Avalon in a way. The graphics, of course, are awesome. The skies of this world are very realistic. This is the first world so far that has multiple skies (unless you count Azteca, which has two skies for every place). The new Assistants update was well needed. It helps so much. I'm also glad that the mobs here are easier and have lower Critical Block rating. In Part Two, I hope they add Light Magic.

-Nicholas Hawkspear level 92

Defender
Apr 07, 2012
Explorer
Jan 15, 2012
Professor Greyrose on Nov 15, 2013 wrote:
Khrysalis
Still confident from her victory in Azteca, Morganthe has dragged the souls of the oldest Aztecosaurs to her dark tower to assemble the Celestial Choir in her place of power. Now she will use their primal song to rewrite the Spiral in her image.

The Council of Light, that ancient assembly under the leadership of Merle Ambrose, knows it has precious little time to act. Merle gathers what is left of the council – the Emperor of MooShu, Diego the Duelmaster and Lydia Greyrose – and they come up with a desperate plan: arm the Wizards and send them into the spider’s fangs. The call to action is now!

Morganthe has created an eldritch ward to hold back her ancient enemies. But the Council of Light believes the heroic Wizards can use trickery and willpower to slip through her defenses, in their last, best hope to shatter her plans.

You will be called upon to travel to a small Spiral island, a fragment of a broken world lost to time. From the edge of this island, one can see the dark swirl of Khrysalis. You will explore Morganthe's world, searching for ways to disrupt her power, help those pinned down under the weight of her tyranny, and learn the secrets of her magic in order to have a chance of restoring the Spiral.
  • Your Wizard must be a minimum of level 85
  • You must have completed the Azteca quest "Speaker for the Dead"
  • Speak to Merle Ambrose and he will send you to summon members of the council of light with the quest "Letters of Light"
Khrysalis Access Passes for our Crowns players are priced at 1995 each.
Aww...
I'm so close. I'm level 87 in Tierra de Brea. lol
and my other wiz is nowhere near close enough. lol

Valkoor GoldSong lvl 87
Alexander StormCrafter lvl 16

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
I must say I enjoy this new world (love the game card house that was made for it, wouldn't mind seeing some gold houses for this world , might even craft it if I have to and i never craft houses EVER)

The scenery is beautiful (a lot the mobs are off putting if only because I dont like bugs *eww millipedes*)

Most of the world music has wormed its way into my favorite music scroll collection, (It actually managed to come in second after Azteca's mountain theme and took Avalon Wyrd themes place as the music of choice for my house I would like the last wood theme for out doors.)

Its difficult without being irritating and its nice to have so many life and ice bosses that i get a boost against (yay )

The characters are top and the puns are great(I saw what you did there with the disco inferno for the elementals and smashing pumpkin lyrics when we go to save the flying squirrel from the bees forgot the name of that quest)

I still wont be able to keep my membership up all the way up to the second parts release but I will surely renew it when it comes out.

Defender
Jan 31, 2010
I was in love with this world the first time I set foot in it! And that was on test! As soon as I set foot on Khrysalis, I knew I was in for some fun. Though it took me multiple tries on live to defeat Kaliklak and Zaltanna the Mirrormask, (and multiple trips back and forth from Khrysalis and Wizard City for potions) I was able to get a lot done in certain days. After working with another person to defeat Morganthe's Warlord, Kravenly the Hunter, I was able to breeze through most everything until my battle with Atlach-Leng. On my second set of mob battles for Fort Rachias, I met the very people who would go with me all the way to Ghost Dog and beyond. We were able to power our way through everything in our path and when we got to Ghost Dog, well lets just say he didn't a GHOST of a chance. This was on the very same day I got myself into Fort Rachias! Ghost Dog wasn't too hard to take down the first time but once Morganthe brought him back from the edge of defeat and gave him SHADOW MAGIC, it took us a bit longer to defeat him. Kingsisle did a very good job of confusing me about Ghost Dog's origins! I'd like to say he is from Mooshu since he talks about the way of the samoorai, (Note: This is how Samurai is spelled in the game, for the Samurai of Mooshu are cows. But that is all a different story.) but I cannot due to the fact that he is a dog as mentioned in his name, since the dogs are one of the 3 different inhabitants of Marleybone. So me and another person came to the conclusion that he must be like the cat ninja in Pirate101, who was born in Marleybone but raised in Mooshu. Now that I am done, I feel extremely bored and wanting more! Can't wait for part 2!

Survivor
Nov 22, 2009
Hi, my name is Mackenzie Rainbowstrider and I would just like to say that I love Wizard101. BY the way since you are adding new things I was thinking maybe you can add a new bundle. Okay so my idea was a mermaid themed bundle like the hat you get is hair with seashells in it, and the robe a mermaid tail, and the shoes would be the fin of the tail, and the pet would be a sea monster of some sort and the mount could be a wave or a bubble. Yes i know this has nothing to do with Khrysalis but this subject was new and my idea is something new so yeah. Anyway I hope you decide to use my idea, it would mean so much to me if you did. Btws when your character doesn't have the mount on they hop instead of run or walk or whatever you want to call it.

,Mackenzie Rainbowstrider

Defender
Jan 31, 2010
Professor Greyrose, perhaps you can shed some light on this issue for me. My character Malorn Ashthorn, Level 95 , has finished the first part of Khrysalis but has seen no sign of the gardener. Now, i'm unsure whether my friend was just joking or not but he told me that the gardener has a quest that rewards 1 xp. Though I highly doubt it is possible, he may have been telling me the truth. Can you please tell me why I can't seem to find the gardener and if my friend was messing with me? I am unsure if it has anything to do with my gardening level, but if it does then I shall get back on gardening. Thanks!

Malorn Ashthorn, Promethean (95)

Defender
Jan 31, 2010
Malorn AshThorn446 on Nov 29, 2013 wrote:
Professor Greyrose, perhaps you can shed some light on this issue for me. My character Malorn Ashthorn, Level 95 , has finished the first part of Khrysalis but has seen no sign of the gardener. Now, i'm unsure whether my friend was just joking or not but he told me that the gardener has a quest that rewards 1 xp. Though I highly doubt it is possible, he may have been telling me the truth. Can you please tell me why I can't seem to find the gardener and if my friend was messing with me? I am unsure if it has anything to do with my gardening level, but if it does then I shall get back on gardening. Thanks!

Malorn Ashthorn, Promethean (95)
Ok, this is an edit to my previous post. I have learned that the reason I can't find the gardener is because of my gardening level. But I am still unsure on the quest thing. A clear confirmation on whether or not this quest does exist would be extremely helpful.

Defender
Apr 07, 2012
Survivor
Jul 11, 2013
Too bad I'm a level 89 wizard. So close! Can't wait to try it out.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2011
Hi, i'm a level 95 life wizard. I have beat Khrysalis. I was wondering if maybe you could give us a glimpse of part 2 or a release date or something. It would be nice to know how to prepare for the next part of the journey.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2010
I've already beat this world(well part 1), and I loved it. The difficulty wasn't that bad and I enjoyed the story line. Good job kingsisle!

Survivor
Oct 13, 2013
Hello everyone, I was just wondering why the level stopped at level 95, khrysalis seems like a short world when you open the map, how short is this actually? Level 94

Survivor
Mar 18, 2010
well glad to see some ppl can get threw the world as 2 of my wizards are just stuck my fire cant get quest for very last dungeon and my life along with my husbands ice are stuck in the beginning omg really plz fix it ki

Survivor
Dec 12, 2010
Awesome World!!!!! I only started yesterday and I love it! I can't wait for part two!!!! You guys did a good job!

Duncan Icespear Level 91

Survivor
Jul 02, 2012
Angela Gem on Nov 15, 2013 wrote:
I am very excited that the Morganthe story line is coming to a close! Not because i didn't like it, but because i am excited for the most epic- morganthe battle!

Angela Gem
Level 73
Life
Matthew Griffengem 64

i wish that khrysalis is not the end i hope it is the end of morganthe but i hope it is not the end of the game

Defender
Jan 31, 2010
Matthew g on Jan 6, 2014 wrote:
Matthew Griffengem 64

i wish that khrysalis is not the end i hope it is the end of morganthe but i hope it is not the end of the game

Since when did they say Khrysalis would be the end of the game? It is just the conclusion of the Morganthe saga, and there is much more to come. And to quote what Headmaster Ambrose said in this month's newsletter:

"As we look into this brand new year of 2014, there's much to come; big and small! As you know, the latest world of Khrysalis was split into two large game updates, one last year, and one this year. With this new world expansion will come many challenges and surprises! Look for Morganthe's chapter to conclude on an unexpected note!

But of course, that's not the end of the tale, not by far! Wizard101's first chapter began in Wizard City, and culminated with the defeat of Malistaire. Wizard101's second chapter began in Celestia with the introduction of Morganthe and will conclude in Khrysalis Part 2. There are many chapters to come that will introduce new villains, new allies, new challenges, and new stories of mystery and intrigue that will continue the story that is Wizard101. "- Headmaster Merle Ambrose.

So no worries, the game is nowhere near over with yet. Much more is yet to come! New worlds, new allies, new villains and of course, more crazy, hilarious and ridiculous dialogue, quest names and characters!

Defender
Jul 10, 2009
marla1960 on Dec 28, 2013 wrote:
well glad to see some ppl can get threw the world as 2 of my wizards are just stuck my fire cant get quest for very last dungeon and my life along with my husbands ice are stuck in the beginning omg really plz fix it ki
This glitch deserves more attention than its getting, for sure. Like, seriously it needs to be fixed.

Haley MoonHeart, Innate Shadowmancer (not counting because of this)

Defender
Jan 31, 2010
flamestixreal on Dec 28, 2013 wrote:
Hello everyone, I was just wondering why the level stopped at level 95, khrysalis seems like a short world when you open the map, how short is this actually? Level 94
Because normally, each new world introduces 10 more levels. But since Khrysalis was divided into 2 separate parts, each part only gives 5 levels.