Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Selling/Gifting Pets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 01, 2013
Hello fellow wizards!
After fair amounts of playing this game with my friends we have had many ideas to improve this game, but some really stood out to us. Today I would love to share some regarding gifting/selling pets with you all, feel free to add onto these ideas as you wish to make them even better!
  • Being able to sell pets for a fair price.
I have hatched my pets many times, whether to get better stats or simply for the pet I am hatching with. Now when I do hatch just to get the other pet, regardless of stats, I often fail. In fact I have failed 4-5 times in a row with my deer knight on one occasion. On top of that due to the deer knights high pedigree it costs over 40k (1k = 1000/one thousand) gold to hatch (due to me hatching with other decent pedigree pets). Now whether it be you with a deer knight or another high pedigree pet we both know we loose a lot of gold during the process of failed hatching. After failing to get the pet you wanted you now have another deer knight (or whatever pet you used to hatch) that you don't need nor want, so what do you do with it? Of course you could sell it for 50 gold in the pet shop but then you would be loosing over 39k gold after the failed hatch. I strongly suggest that we should be able to sell the pet for different prices depending on its pedigree. It is of course your choice (KingsIsle) to decide how much each point of the pedigree costs, all I ask for is that the selling price for pets is fair so we could consider selling it.
  • Gifting pets.
Now gifting pets is really simple, it would work the same way as you gift crown items but you have a option to gift it next to Equip, Lock, and whatever else. You would choose who you would want to gift it to and confirm it as you do with crown items. The reason I want to be able to gift pets is very similar to why I want to sell them. I have many unwanted deer knights that I don't need that my friends are dying for, and I feel bad I cannot give them the unwanted ones I have even though I know its not possible.
Now you may ask-
If you don't like the pet so much why not just go ahead and sell it?
My answer to that is because I have the chance to keep them and to post this thread I am posting right now in hopes I will be able to give/sell these pets away. And if you had 40k gold or higher and spent it on hatching just to end up with another repeat of your pet, would you really throw away your hard work for 50 gold?
I understand that is the price you pay for trying to get the other stats/pet but its pretty harsh on us high pedigree hatchers.
I would like to thank KingsIsle for giving me and my friends many hours of entertainment, letting us post suggestions to improve their game, and considering our ideas- showing they really care.
Happy spell casting! Your friendly gardener,
Kaitlyn Goldenhorn (Level 47, Master gardener)

Administrator
We appreciate your feedback, but the trade of items other than non-enchanted Treasure Cards will NOT be a part of Wizard101.

We feel that an economy of item trading is not appropriate for our game. KingsIsle Entertainment has developed Wizard101 to be an exciting and fun online experience for people of all ages. We believe that an important part of delivering online entertainment is to provide a safe environment for all players, and that’s a responsibility we take seriously. Introducing an in-game item trading economy does not fit with our values and vision for Wizard101.

community@wizard101.com