Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

earthquake spell adjustment

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
so, I am kind of disappointed that earthquake doesn't just take away shields and blades, but traps. I don't think it is mean of the person who casting it. they are just using their powers, I think earthquake should only take away blades and shields

Delver
Nov 05, 2011
i was in pvp and one person did feint on me, then on the same round, the other dude did earthquake. I had two feints on and a myth shield. lol.ty for getting rid of the feint.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I have a Myth wizard, and love it.

Earthquake is fine as it is. When playing Myth you have know the right time and place to use earthquake.

When I plan on using earthquake, I tell my team I plan on using earthquake. If someone puts a trap out after I give the warning that is THEIR loss. Why should my hands be tied because they refused to heed my warning? I will also disregard other players traps if they go round after round without hitting. Why should I stand there getting hit repeatedly when someone feels the need to do 10,000 damage on an enemy that only has 4,000 health?

When I play on a team and I see my team has traps out, I DO NOT use earthquake unless the enemy has spammed the shields and my team is in need of a quick shield removal.

If someone joins my battle and places a trap after I have set up for a hit with earthquake, then I still use it. They are the ones that joined my battle, so I shouldn't have to hold back a hit because of them.

If have played with a myth wizard who disregards your traps and uses earthquake just for the sole pleasure of it, then they are not a team player.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Blaze Deathward on Nov 2, 2013 wrote:
so, I am kind of disappointed that earthquake doesn't just take away shields and blades, but traps. I don't think it is mean of the person who casting it. they are just using their powers, I think earthquake should only take away blades and shields
Sorry, that's not how it works. Earthquakes don't randomly leave one thing in it's path, they take everything out. And that's how the spell is supposed to work.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2012
Earthquake is fine the way it is you can use shatter to remove shields and keep your traps intact.

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
now I get it. lol. earthquake breaks everything. now I get it XD blaze deathward lvl 77 fire

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
thank you guys for letting me know how useful it can be. :)