Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

hatching pet fail? or just confused?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 11, 2012
Yesterday i hatched my Ancient Wraith with a friends Adult Orthurus. I was hoping to get a dark orthurus at the least , but instead i got another wraith.....why is that???? I surely thought atleast i would get a death baby orthurus and I wasted 30,000 coins for another wraith??? Someone please explain why is this??

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
Hatches are not guaranteed, getting a hybrid pet is a rarity. You will most likely have to go through several more hatches to get hybrid you want, you can improve your chances by hatching with someone that already has hybrid you want, by hatching with their hybrid.

Delver
Mar 10, 2009
It's called chance. The chances are lower that you will get the hybrid but it is there. You just have to keep trying. I know it is frustrating, it always is with chance, but all you can do is quest away for more gold and try again.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Pet hatching is never a guarantee. You will get the appearance of one of the parents, except in special hybrid pet cases where a new kind of pet is created. You will get traits taken from both parents.

For a better understanding of Pet hatching, here are a few great resources:

1) the intro to pet hatching given by Gamma at the top of the pet message boards. Go to his post, then click the link.

2) for a Complete overview of pets, how to hatch for certain traits, everything about pets you mi9ght want to know, go here:
www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Basic:Pets

3) for an excellent overview of how to hatch pets to get certain traits, go here:
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Basic:Hatching_Pets

I was upset the first time I hatched and it did not go how I wanted, so then I did some research about it. I found the information above -- especially the third link -- to be very helpful. Now I have some great pets.

good luck and happy hatching in the future!

Survivor
May 19, 2012
It is not guaranteed what pet you will get upon a hatch. Try and try again is all you can do.