Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Membership Rewards

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 28, 2011
I think it would be a great addition to the game if we were rewarded for our membership purchase(s). I suggest that the developers should add a reward system as follows: every month our membership renews we receive 2500 crowns. Thoughts?

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
I think the rewards program is a good idea, but we have to remember that KI needs to keep making money in order to keep developing the game we enjoy.

Maybe some other rewards might be nice, like 10% reduced cost hatching, or a free 7 day mount, or 3 free clothing stitches/unstitches, or 3 free level 50 henchman hires, or 3 elixirs (e.g., power pips, regeneration, and health).

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Lucas Rain on Oct 14, 2013 wrote:
I think the rewards program is a good idea, but we have to remember that KI needs to keep making money in order to keep developing the game we enjoy.

Maybe some other rewards might be nice, like 10% reduced cost hatching, or a free 7 day mount, or 3 free clothing stitches/unstitches, or 3 free level 50 henchman hires, or 3 elixirs (e.g., power pips, regeneration, and health).
you already get ranked pvp and pet derbies crowns buyers have to buy pet derby and ranked pvp day entries and only get to post in here for one month after buying crowns

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
I have posted on several occasions about much needed membership perks,but KI has always turned a deaf ear toward it. Not many members seemed motivated about it as well. I even had one person suggest the perks we have are fine,and no more are needed.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Yeah, it would be nice. Some suggestions:
1: Be able to choose what talent a pet gets at mega free. (Only once., also allows you to see the other talents the pet didn't learn, and can be used at any time optionally, when you take any pet to mega.)

2: 200 crowns per month at the first of every month for all members as long as it is active.

3: PvP rank bonus, every time a ranked match is won you get a free +3 points. (Does not take the extra 3 away from the other person, it is a added member bonus.)

4: If you had a membership for a year/purchase a yearly one without it stopping, get a free member only pet which can only be gotten from membership or from self hatching. The pet would have spell-proof, spritely, guardian wall, unicorn, sharp-shot, pain-giver, infection item card, may cast lifeblade, life-proof, life accuracy, all in order.

5. Member only card trainer at level 50 when you finish Dragonspyre. Will have 1 card for each school and these can only be trained if your a member. (Only balance has 2.)

Ice: Princess of Snow, attacks one target for 2 hits of 300 damage and stuns for one round, 6 pips.

Balance: Spirit convert, converts balance attack into myth, life or death. Also has elemental convert which converts balance damage to fire, ice or storm. 1 pip each.

Life: Nature Blast, attacks for 200 and target cannot heal for 3 rounds excluding death steal spells. 4 pips.

Death: Deathly Field, 2 pips. All death spells +35 damage.

Storm: Critical blade, 4 pips. Puts a blade over head guaranteeing a critical strike on one target for storm only.

Myth: Control, 3 rounds. Allows you to control a minions hand for 3 rounds, it puts up a arua type bubble.

Fire: Burn, 5 pips. After 4 rounds, deal 1000 fire damage to one enemy.
Sorry for all the text but maybe if Kingsisle did some of these, more people would become members.

Delver
Mar 10, 2009
Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Intrepidatius on Oct 14, 2013 wrote:
I have posted on several occasions about much needed membership perks,but KI has always turned a deaf ear toward it. Not many members seemed motivated about it as well. I even had one person suggest the perks we have are fine,and no more are needed.
cause you don't need more even a member can see it

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Oct 15, 2013 wrote:
You do get rewards for membership. Lots of them. Please read this page to see all the great benefits for having a membership.
As I have stated on several occasions,those perks are weak compared to what other online games offer for perks. I agree with the poster that a monthly crowns allotment, or discount on purchasing crowns is needed. Other companies like AD&D and Sony use it with tremendous success,and there is no reason why it wouldn't work here.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Oct 15, 2013 wrote:
You do get rewards for membership. Lots of them. Please read this page to see all the great benefits for having a membership.
Chrissy is totally right! We pay for membership, and get the game as a reward! I mean, really!

KI also does regularly give little perks, little presents, holiday things, this year they had the anniversary deal and gave members gifts for that, ranging from statues to mounts.

But they should not have to pay us to play their game. I think that notion seems a little backward, to be honest. These guys are trying to make a living, after all!

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Moonlighterz1000 on Oct 15, 2013 wrote:
1: Be able to choose what talent a pet gets at mega free. (Only once., also allows you to see the other talents the pet didn't learn, and can be used at any time optionally, when you take any pet to mega.)

2: 200 crowns per month at the first of every month for all members as long as it is active.

3: PvP rank bonus, every time a ranked match is won you get a free +3 points. (Does not take the extra 3 away from the other person, it is a added member bonus.)

4: If you had a membership for a year/purchase a yearly one without it stopping, get a free member only pet which can only be gotten from membership or from self hatching. The pet would have spell-proof, spritely, guardian wall, unicorn, sharp-shot, pain-giver, infection item card, may cast lifeblade, life-proof, life accuracy, all in order.

5. Member only card trainer at level 50 when you finish Dragonspyre. Will have 1 card for each school and these can only be trained if your a member. (Only balance has 2.)

Ice: Princess of Snow, attacks one target for 2 hits of 300 damage and stuns for one round, 6 pips.

Balance: Spirit convert, converts balance attack into myth, life or death. Also has elemental convert which converts balance damage to fire, ice or storm. 1 pip each.

Life: Nature Blast, attacks for 200 and target cannot heal for 3 rounds excluding death steal spells. 4 pips.

Storm: Critical blade, 4 pips. Puts a blade over head guaranteeing a critical strike on one target for storm only.

Myth: Control, 3 rounds. Allows you to control a minions hand for 3 rounds, it puts up a arua type bubble.

Sorry for all the text but maybe if Kingsisle did some of these, more people would become members.
i would quit the game if kingsisle went insane and for some reason did this

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Intrepidatius on Oct 15, 2013 wrote:
As I have stated on several occasions,those perks are weak compared to what other online games offer for perks. I agree with the poster that a monthly crowns allotment, or discount on purchasing crowns is needed. Other companies like AD&D and Sony use it with tremendous success,and there is no reason why it wouldn't work here.
yeah just make buying crowns useless don't try to disguise your tired of people with more spare money getting advantages and your trying to bring down kingsisle's earning but the quality of updates will go down and you won't like game anymore and then the updates will stop and then boom wizard101 is gone if they do this

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
This original message has been removed.
sorry i am not a member i buy areas with crowns and these "benefits" for membership will ruin the game for me

Explorer
Aug 29, 2011
Yeah I think they should reward us once a month in some way. I used to play this other virtual world game and each month they had a new item of clothing for paid members.

Survivor
Sep 26, 2013
Wow, it's hard to believe some people would actually argue against this. It would be a great benefit for members,and surely increase the profits of KI.

Defender
Apr 17, 2009
2500 crowns seems like, a lot.
500 every 2 months would be better, But I don't find these necessary, I've been subbed for 4 years and I've felt just fine with the way things are.
Level 90Miguel
Level 90MIguel
Level 40Miguel

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
FinnAgainWindrider on Oct 15, 2013 wrote:
Chrissy is totally right! We pay for membership, and get the game as a reward! I mean, really!

KI also does regularly give little perks, little presents, holiday things, this year they had the anniversary deal and gave members gifts for that, ranging from statues to mounts.

But they should not have to pay us to play their game. I think that notion seems a little backward, to be honest. These guys are trying to make a living, after all!
"they should not have to pay us to pay their game" i am sure intrepidatius will tell us why they should pay us for that

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012

1 Being able to choose one skill out of all of that specific's pet's skills is a great idea.

3 I disagree with making a PvP specific reward. If more people PvPd, I'd consider it, but as it stands now, no.

4 Way too over powered

5 I really like this idea

An idea I think would work would be that as a member, you could dye any item you want any color available in the game. Imagine the combinations of equipment colors or mount colors. Pets should NOT change because I think it would cause way too much confusion.

Survivor
Apr 19, 2012

Hey, i think you went a bit overboard with the suggestions! (It is only my opinion)
My suggestions and opinions:
1. We should get a pet egg every year your a member. Opinion: It wouldn't be too overboard in power! Maybe a card, just a blade. 2. I dun want crowns for it! That would be too greedy for members. Instead, why don't we get a new housing item that is interactive? Every 6 months we would get an interactive item! Opinion: Interactive house items, such as able to earned from quests and bought with gold, should be given. 3. We should get a gold reward if we do a goal that is only available to members, like "Go to mooshu and defeat 6 Ronins" for "1,400 gold". Opinion: The quest would be based on your level! For example, if you where level 50; you wouldn't get a quest from previous worlds, you would get it on the world that level is supposed to be on. It would be "Go to Celestia and defeat 10 Any Enemy" for "2,000 gold".
Opinion for all suggestions: These wouldn't make non-members mad because of the things others suggested, they would be extra add ons. The non-members wouldn't try to be members like "Mom! I want membership beacuse i'll get crowns each year!" "Dad! But I'll get an extra card at level 50!" x throws tantrum x
None of that drama would happen, it would just be fairer because we don't need tantrums and our eardrums exploding.
Sorry for long post
Hannah Moonstone level 39 "Live life to the fullest, like every day is your last."

Defender
Jan 03, 2013
ForerunnerDeity on Oct 14, 2013 wrote:
I think it would be a great addition to the game if we were rewarded for our membership purchase(s). I suggest that the developers should add a reward system as follows: every month our membership renews we receive 2500 crowns. Thoughts?

Ive actually asked kingsisle if they would make a loyalty program or benefit for long lasting players but they replied that its "not their vision for the game" id not expect it to happen

Defender
Sep 14, 2010
this would be a great idea if there weren't any crowns of gift card players. it would be incredibly unfair to single them out simply because they don't necessarily "renew" a membership... even if this ever happened, 2500 crowns? the ability to choose a pet ability at mega? member-only pets? seems a bit ludicrous to me.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
So basically, exclude crowns and gift-card players?
Mmk, sounds fair to me
(Sarcasm)

Survivor
Aug 20, 2011

Membership users already have a lot of add-ons, and this is insulting to those who are crown-buyers.

Delver
Nov 05, 2011

Greyrose will say something like " this is a related matter to 'time vs crowns' "
I would like that though.

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
We members should get a daily crown reward of 100 crowns a day but it would depend on how many months you've been subbed for.
Example: Month 1 daily reward = 100 crowns, Month 2 daily reward = 200 crowns, Month 3 daily reward = 300 and I've would be making allot of crowns since I've been subbed since May and I don't really play this game allot. I just get it so KI gets a little donation every month from me since their doing a great JOB! Plus if I want to play it, I won't have to worry about this msg popping up.
You need 3000 crowns to buy Celestia. I know that's not the price but I was just saying a example so members like us would be encouraged to wake up every morning and get their free crowns. Slowly, this will add up over time till you get 1,200 crowns a DAY! Well sales might plummet but no worries, I GOT A SOLUTION! For just 40 dollars, you can get a crown multiplier so that would be 2,400 crowns a day then 3,200 crowns a day and so on. I would want it at a higher price so nobody really get's to 10 K crowns in ONE DAY! Well that may work for the rich though so they would be like Lords and Kings and Queens of the Spiral inheriting worlds of the Spiral. Nah, jking since wars would probably be breaking out all the time and plus there would be abusive players.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2011

I think it should be maybe 50,000 lets not be stingy after all, we do also purchase these crowns. Maybe a dragon mount or something valuable. That would be awesome Theurgist OUT!