Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Night side pass

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 22, 2013
Hi. It's well, me laneybug473. I am very confused about the night side. I have barely any quests in colossus boulevard and I haven't gotten ANY night side mentions in the game. I repeatedly attempt to go but nothing happens. It's about to upset me because I have played this game for sooooooooo long. Fire at alley, cyclops lane, and ect ect ect have been done and I have yet to defeat lord nightshade. Get back to me as soon as possible and let me know, thx!

sabrinaswiftheart lvl. 11

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
laneybug473 on Oct 7, 2013 wrote:
Hi. It's well, me laneybug473. I am very confused about the night side. I have barely any quests in colossus boulevard and I haven't gotten ANY night side mentions in the game. I repeatedly attempt to go but nothing happens. It's about to upset me because I have played this game for sooooooooo long. Fire at alley, cyclops lane, and ect ect ect have been done and I have yet to defeat lord nightshade. Get back to me as soon as possible and let me know, thx!

sabrinaswiftheart lvl. 11
You cannot get into Nightside without completing the Lord Nightshade quest. Merle Ambrose will then send you there.

FYI, Colossus is optional. Go defeat Foulgaze if you haven't done so (this quest is also from Merle Ambrose). You will then get the quest to defeat Lord Nightshade.

Explorer
Jan 03, 2013
Just to help clarify you first have to defeat unicorn way and triton avenue, then firecat ally and cyclops lane then there is the quest look for horror that is the quest where you defeat foul gaze then go to night side then defeat nightshade

Survivor
Jul 20, 2013
You get to go to nightside in level 20. If you are death you get it a little earlier

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Lollipops300 on Jan 2, 2014 wrote:
You get to go to nightside in level 20. If you are death you get it a little earlier
That is not correct. "Level" does not matter.

You must finish Wizard City (3 Main Streets and quests from Merle Ambrose).

Quests from Merle Ambrose (After completing main quests in Triton Avenue, Cyclops Lane, and Firecat Alley):

1. A Look of Horror
-Locate Foulgaze
-Defeat Foulgaze
-Talk back to Merle Ambrose

2. The Dark of Nightshade
-Locate Stormdrain tower
-Defeat Nightshade

3. The Sixth School
-Explore Rainbow Bridge Waterfall
-Explore Death school
-Talk to Dworgyn

One more note: the quest "To Sunken City" to "find Grubb" in Nightside is a side quest. This quest comes from Marla Stinger and Cyrus Drake, not from Merle Ambrose. The quest from Merle Ambrose is listed in #3 above. You need to talk to Dworgyn in the Death School, which is right near Marla Stinger.

Delver
Mar 07, 2012
Wait really? o.o I'm a life and I got in so much earlier. I can't remember when but, I know for sure that I got to Nightshade before Krokotopia. ( got to krokotopia at level 11 )

~ Vanessa Rainbowpetal, level 48 theurgist

Explorer
Jan 03, 2013
There is no specific level for getting into this area my most recent wizard my myth wizard got into there at level 9 where as my first wizard got into there at level 14 or 15.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
that is not correct at all.
You earn your way into Nightside by completing main storyline quests and long before level 20. Death wizards have a spell quest there at level 12.