Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Light Spells

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 16, 2009
Perhaps for the final world of this second arc, we could have a new school of magic? Please read through this, and I will deeply appreciate your criticism.

Morganthe can only be hit with Light school spells and Light spells are the only spells that can counter (remove) Morganthe's "curses" (negative charms, ex: weakness, dispels). Since our wizards are wonderfully bright, helpful, and cheerful, basically everything positive, we will obviously have Light mastery.

You will acquire the Light spells from major quests throughout the new world.

The Lightblade and Light Trap will be 40% and 25% and can be enchanted, as with any other.

Light spells ARE affected by global damage, blades, traps etc making Balance a valuable asset here.

Light will have a healing spell! However, it will be weaker than the Pixie in proportion (1 pip for 200 health is the proportion) and will be for self only, so that this will not weaken the Life school. Perhaps 500 health for 5 pips worth? This will take about 3 pips to cast, assuming you have over 67% power pip, thereby making it weaker in proportion to the pixie. Note that every wizard has mastery of the Light school, so this will not put a massive drain on pips without a mastery amulet.

In short, Light spells act exactly like normal spells except for the fact that they are basically only used against Morganthe and otherwise do nothing else, unless KI decides to have these Light spells used in future worlds or make Morganthe a wonderful farming boss.

Additional effects to the cards will be chosen by KI, such as stun, remove/steal pips, DoT, etc.

This thought is NOT complete. As said before, give me your criticism and possibly give suggestions as well.

Justin
Jeremy

Survivor
Jan 10, 2013
I totally agree but like you have to reach a high spot because you dont want to start ALL over. if you no what i mean

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
can you head to your professor and get a convert from your school to light?

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Dominooooo on Oct 2, 2013 wrote:
Perhaps for the final world of this second arc, we could have a new school of magic? Please read through this, and I will deeply appreciate your criticism.

Morganthe can only be hit with Light school spells and Light spells are the only spells that can counter (remove) Morganthe's "curses" (negative charms, ex: weakness, dispels). Since our wizards are wonderfully bright, helpful, and cheerful, basically everything positive, we will obviously have Light mastery.

You will acquire the Light spells from major quests throughout the new world.

The Lightblade and Light Trap will be 40% and 25% and can be enchanted, as with any other.

Light spells ARE affected by global damage, blades, traps etc making Balance a valuable asset here.

Light will have a healing spell! However, it will be weaker than the Pixie in proportion (1 pip for 200 health is the proportion) and will be for self only, so that this will not weaken the Life school. Perhaps 500 health for 5 pips worth? This will take about 3 pips to cast, assuming you have over 67% power pip, thereby making it weaker in proportion to the pixie. Note that every wizard has mastery of the Light school, so this will not put a massive drain on pips without a mastery amulet.

In short, Light spells act exactly like normal spells except for the fact that they are basically only used against Morganthe and otherwise do nothing else, unless KI decides to have these Light spells used in future worlds or make Morganthe a wonderful farming boss.

Additional effects to the cards will be chosen by KI, such as stun, remove/steal pips, DoT, etc.

This thought is NOT complete. As said before, give me your criticism and possibly give suggestions as well.

Justin
Jeremy
Cool idea, I have some ideas of the spells (all of them have 85% accuracy, unless it says otherwise):

Photon - 1 pip, 100 damage to 1 enemy. (damage)
Solar Panel - 3 pips, up to 500 damage done to selected ally is halfed. (ward)
Blind - 2 pips, stun all enemies for 2 rounds. (ward)
Major Blessing - 2 pips, 150 health to all allies. (heal)
Daybreak - 4 pips, +30% damage to all light spells, 100%. (global)
Shining Sword - 2 pips, +40% damage to next spell to all allies, 100%. (blade)
Evershining Star - 4 pips, 200+300 damage to all enemies. (DoT)
Pip Transfusion - 3 pips, any of your allies normal pips become power pips, and all enemies power pips become regular pips. (manipulation)
Angelic Warrior - 5 pips, 600 damage & stun 1 enemy for 1 round. (damage/ward)
Light Shield - -80% to next incoming light attack, 100%. (ward)
Light Blade - +40% to next outgoing light attack, 100%. (blade)
Light Trap - +25% to next incoming light attack, 100% (ward)
Godly Pact - 2 pips, +50% to next incoming attack to self, & +125% to next incoming attack to enemy, 90%.

Survivor
May 06, 2009
Please make light no PvP so it won't be nerfed later on by the whingers :)

Delver
Aug 26, 2012
Blaze Sandblade on Oct 10, 2013 wrote:
Cool idea, I have some ideas of the spells (all of them have 85% accuracy, unless it says otherwise):

Photon - 1 pip, 100 damage to 1 enemy. (damage)
Solar Panel - 3 pips, up to 500 damage done to selected ally is halfed. (ward)
Blind - 2 pips, stun all enemies for 2 rounds. (ward)
Major Blessing - 2 pips, 150 health to all allies. (heal)
Daybreak - 4 pips, +30% damage to all light spells, 100%. (global)
Shining Sword - 2 pips, +40% damage to next spell to all allies, 100%. (blade)
Evershining Star - 4 pips, 200+300 damage to all enemies. (DoT)
Pip Transfusion - 3 pips, any of your allies normal pips become power pips, and all enemies power pips become regular pips. (manipulation)
Angelic Warrior - 5 pips, 600 damage & stun 1 enemy for 1 round. (damage/ward)
Light Shield - -80% to next incoming light attack, 100%. (ward)
Light Blade - +40% to next outgoing light attack, 100%. (blade)
Light Trap - +25% to next incoming light attack, 100% (ward)
Godly Pact - 2 pips, +50% to next incoming attack to self, & +125% to next incoming attack to enemy, 90%.
I love your ideas this is mine:

Some of you may not agreed but that is ok with me. Don't feel afraid to say you don't like my ideas

No pvp: Da if you watch abracadoodle comics you know that fire vs fire is nothing at all. That's the may reason that an enemies' resistance is itself. So sense everyone has mastery over light magic no pvp

New school dark: Originally I thought to make this an enemy only school but I thought that maybe after say 5 updates of light magic we can learn dark magic however this is how it works:

Dark shot 130- 200 1 rank spell for enemy/ 2 rank spell for us

So imagine this:

Deadly plague 550- 630 + -50% to next spell. 4 rank spell enemy/ 5 rank spell for us

So additionally this would make light and dark rivals schools. If you like this idea here are some Dark spells. I will make this guide by our rank not the enemies'. If you want to know just subtract a pip. And the accuracy for dark is only 60% no matter if its an attack, ward, or anything.

Dark Blade 1- +15% to next dark spell
Dark trap 1- +10% more to next dark spell
Dark shield 1- -95% to next dark spell
Dark shot 2- 130- 200
Dark werewolf pack 3- 300- 390
Soldier of Darkness 4- 400- 450
Deadly plague 5 - 490- 510 + 350 over 3 rounds
Shroud of The Dark One 6 - 700-790
Dark Lord 7 - 1000 damage no more, no less ignores charms, traps and shields

So as you can see this makes Dark an extremely dangerous counterpart for light as charms offer less damage and shields block more. To make it more critical does not exist for dark spells neither the block. However they can pierce through shields. And to make it even more dangerous dark spells can be enchanted with spells repeatedly but the more enchanted it is the more pips it will cost. And here comes the addition of negative pips:

Say your and have 2 power pips and 2 normal pips:

Ice wyren

Seraph

Dark werewolf pack

Then you suddenly get a negative pip. Negative pips are like power pips but only for dark. This pip if a dark spell is casted will remove your 2 normal pips and convert the power pips into normal pips. So these new type of pip has a use and a downside.

Does this upset balance?

No it does not. Remember ? They did not upset Balance. As also remember when you first enrolled in Ravenwood? Arthur Whethersfield said that sorcery was relatively new.

This so called "Dark school" is Death

No it is not as no spell has anything to do with undead or death special effects

Leave your comments for this idea

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
WitchNotWizard154 on Oct 2, 2013 wrote:
I totally agree but like you have to reach a high spot because you dont want to start ALL over. if you no what i mean
sorry i have my hopes up on alchemy (potion magic) and chronomancy (time magic) coming to spiral as primary and secondary schools for other wizards the thread titled new school! started by team yoloswag

Delver
Aug 26, 2012
Luke Skysleeper on Oct 12, 2013 wrote:
I love your ideas this is mine:

Some of you may not agreed but that is ok with me. Don't feel afraid to say you don't like my ideas

No pvp: Da if you watch abracadoodle comics you know that fire vs fire is nothing at all. That's the may reason that an enemies' resistance is itself. So sense everyone has mastery over light magic no pvp

New school dark: Originally I thought to make this an enemy only school but I thought that maybe after say 5 updates of light magic we can learn dark magic however this is how it works:

Dark shot 130- 200 1 rank spell for enemy/ 2 rank spell for us

So imagine this:

Deadly plague 550- 630 + -50% to next spell. 4 rank spell enemy/ 5 rank spell for us

So additionally this would make light and dark rivals schools. If you like this idea here are some Dark spells. I will make this guide by our rank not the enemies'. If you want to know just subtract a pip. And the accuracy for dark is only 60% no matter if its an attack, ward, or anything.

Dark Blade 1- +15% to next dark spell
Dark trap 1- +10% more to next dark spell
Dark shield 1- -95% to next dark spell
Dark shot 2- 130- 200
Dark werewolf pack 3- 300- 390
Soldier of Darkness 4- 400- 450
Deadly plague 5 - 490- 510 + 350 over 3 rounds
Shroud of The Dark One 6 - 700-790
Dark Lord 7 - 1000 damage no more, no less ignores charms, traps and shields

So as you can see this makes Dark an extremely dangerous counterpart for light as charms offer less damage and shields block more. To make it more critical does not exist for dark spells neither the block. However they can pierce through shields. And to make it even more dangerous dark spells can be enchanted with spells repeatedly but the more enchanted it is the more pips it will cost. And here comes the addition of negative pips:

Say your and have 2 power pips and 2 normal pips:

Ice wyren

Seraph

Dark werewolf pack

Then you suddenly get a negative pip. Negative pips are like power pips but only for dark. This pip if a dark spell is casted will remove your 2 normal pips and convert the power pips into normal pips. So these new type of pip has a use and a downside.

Does this upset balance?

No it does not. Remember ? They did not upset Balance. As also remember when you first enrolled in Ravenwood? Arthur Whethersfield said that sorcery was relatively new.

This so called "Dark school" is Death

No it is not as no spell has anything to do with undead or death special effects

Leave your comments for this idea
Guys ignore the first deadly plague I thought I had deleted the first special effect and Dark enemies are major
Bosses and their elite minions (not the ones in the street I mean like their personal bodyguards) Ok maybe I do mean some in the street