Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life wizard solo Mavra Flamewing

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 17, 2012
I am a Life wizard and am trying to complete the Mavra Flamewing quest. I HAVE to solo because no one else is around, of course, but I can't find away to beat her OR her Pox minions. I am a lvl 46 what should I put in my deck? Or should I try to level up to the next spell with side quests in Mooshu (keeping in mind that all of the ones i haven't done involve beating life creatures).

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
I have to admit, nothing to worry about. I defeated Mavra at level 41. Just pack up your deck with nice, strong spells so you can get the poxes (clear shields with wand spell) done, then bombard Mavra. It would be useful to have DoT spells or a minion to get shields out of the way easily.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2012
I barely soloed her when I was a level 48. I had only one health and I won. It is of course possible to solo her when you are the level you are. A good trick to winning is get an earth quake treasure card. Then hurt the poxes a bunch then when they have a lot of shields use the earth quake. That will take all of Mavra's shields away. For you make sure to also get some life treasure cards like Forest Lord.

Andrew Watercrafter- Level 48

Sean FireFlame- Level 5

Emily GoldenHeart- level 4

Defender
Nov 17, 2012
ACR8007 on Nov 5, 2013 wrote:
I barely soloed her when I was a level 48. I had only one health and I won. It is of course possible to solo her when you are the level you are. A good trick to winning is get an earth quake treasure card. Then hurt the poxes a bunch then when they have a lot of shields use the earth quake. That will take all of Mavra's shields away. For you make sure to also get some life treasure cards like Forest Lord.

Andrew Watercrafter- Level 48

Sean FireFlame- Level 5

Emily GoldenHeart- level 4
Good suggestions, thx!

Survivor
Sep 08, 2013
I am a life wizard too but I can't unlock Dragonspyre, I completed Mooshu and I have been told I have to see Merle Ambrose who will send me to the Myth teacher but I did and all the Headmaster said was "These are dark times..." can you help me?

Delver
Mar 07, 2012
Just get some earthquake treasure cards and when there is a glitching circle of shields around her then you use the cards.

~ Vanessa Rainbowpetal, level 43 theurgist

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I wouldn't bother with earthquake cards, too many pips for a non-myth. Much easier to blade up, trap/feint her, then use shatter for 3 pips right before you hit her. Once she is dead, the pox can't hurt you so they are nothing but time to take out. Even for a Myth wizard this is by far easier.

Explorer
Oct 26, 2012
I am on Mavara Flamewing on my life, and death. She is hard as a life mostly because you don't have many attack spells until you get to level 42 and that's when you learn the centaur. I suggest getting to level 42 so you can get it then, go do tournaments or lots of pvp matches and when you get enough tickets go to Brandon and by the most expensive amulet there. Lastly go to the bazzar and stack up on good treasure cards. And the real last go defeat Mavra. Here is your spell steps for extra tips.
1. Put Collusus on Centaur.
2. Use Centaur on the POV enimies.
3.And use your tc to defeat mavra!

Scarlet Rose: Level 60 life Level 66 death Level 90 ice Level 70 storm
Good Luck!