Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 9-20-13

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hello, Wizards! Another week in the books, and it's Friday, and that means it's time for the question of the week!

There are a lot of clothing items in the Spiral, and even quite a few just in the Crown Shop alone! So this week, I'd like to ask about how you like to purchase your clothes!

When you purchase your clothing items from the Crown Shop, do you prefer to purchase individual items, or an entire outfit at once?

Thanks for participating, and I hope you have a fantastic weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Individual items! Much better to be able to see the stats on different items and see what works best for your wizard, rather than having it all prepackaged. However, having combinations of individual items that can compliment each other is good -- just give us the choice of how we want to make them work together for our own style of play!

Delver
Nov 05, 2011
Survivor
Mar 26, 2013
I actually don't purchase clothes because I am currently using the clothing items from Aquila and I believe they are better than purchasable items in the crown shop or the bizarre or even crafted items because they are good drops and most importantly.... FREE!!!
Fiona lvl 46 storm wizzy

Squire
May 10, 2013
Professor Falmea on Sep 20, 2013 wrote:
Hello, Wizards! Another week in the books, and it's Friday, and that means it's time for the question of the week!

There are a lot of clothing items in the Spiral, and even quite a few just in the Crown Shop alone! So this week, I'd like to ask about how you like to purchase your clothes!

When you purchase your clothing items from the Crown Shop, do you prefer to purchase individual items, or an entire outfit at once?

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
Levels 5-45 I would (if I got crowns) get individual items. 55-80 (so far, there is no level 90 gear in crown shop in clothing tab) I would get the attire.

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Survivor
Mar 04, 2012
Honestly, it is a bit of a toss-up, as the clothes available in the crown shop is not really superior to that obtained through playing the game. While we all understand the expense involved in running the large number of servers needed to keep the game running, the clothes do not give good value and to improve this would also increase the dissatisfaction of dedicated players with Walmart warriors.

That being said, the current plan that allows someone to buy individual pieces of the set and also the entire set at a discount is likely the best for those who do buy.

Survivor
Aug 21, 2009
I don't buy any outfits from the crown shop. Well, one time I did, but that was it. It was the baconator outfit. I also bought the black wings mount so when someone says "When pigs fly" I can whip on the outfit and wings to show a pig flying. Now, if I were to purchase normal outfits, I would first look at the stats. Are the stats something I want? Something I can live with? Then I would look at the prices. It is cheaper to purchase them individually or altogether as a set? I find that I can live without these crown shop outfits, so I save my crowns for other things, like unlocking new areas since I do not buy memberships.

Survivor
May 29, 2013
Honestly i would love it if the lvl 70 gear was purchasable in separate things.
I don't buy them for the stats, but i love the looks of them.
I have the commander robe and the myth hat and shoes look great with it. And so does the death hat and shoes but i just don't want the robe from the whole thing. A bunch of my friends on wizzy wish you guys would make them separate like the other gear (not the lvl 65.) Anyways that would be awesome if you guys could(:

Survivor
Jul 24, 2011
I like both options, just depends what i need. the fact that i may want to mix and match is always at the forefront of my thinking though

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
Items for sure! I don't always need or want more than one thing, and a lot of the crown items have cards I can't use so I won't ever equip the whole set.

I really wish more things were sold individually rather than in packs or sets. I don't mind paying for stuff I want, but spending crowns for things that sits in a bank or gets fed to pet is just depressing.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
I have never purchased a set of clothing; probably never will. I have purchased individual items though.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Unless I *really* like an outfit, I prefer to buy pieces individually.

My Balance wizard already has her Waterworks/Hades gear, so I'm not worried about her. But I do like to buy some of the cool-looking wands (for stitching) and mounts~ anything else in there, I buy with gold.

-v.

Survivor
Mar 29, 2009
I'd prefer it separate so that wizard101 gets more money and we as players don't waste allot of crowns.

Explorer
Mar 13, 2009
I have done both but usually I prefer drops or crafted clothing and stitch for the look. Would like to see more no stat outfits with nice looks to stitch. We really need some " new " looks plz.. :)

Survivor
Jan 05, 2013
I think by them self. Also if anyone's comment where to change as a update in crown shop come out with a mega clothing bundle to get people going

- when times get tough never give up

Survivor
Oct 26, 2009

Hmm, I usually like to buy a whole outfit so later, I can buy other clothing items that might look good with it.

-Fallon
Level 47

Survivor
Dec 14, 2011
Survivor
Jan 17, 2009
I would prefer individual items instead of sets because of the stats. Some people prefer certain stats. I prefer high pips and high critical blocks because of my school.

Survivor
Sep 17, 2010
Survivor
Mar 20, 2010

I just go straight to the Bazaar. I don't use Crowns Gear because I could be using it for Mounts, Houses, and Henchman. That is all.

Survivor
Jan 10, 2011
individual items please, cuz i always can get whole set if i want.

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
Neither I get all of my gear from drops because it's free that way

Survivor
Oct 08, 2008
Definitely separately. I prefer to mix and match outfits. Besides, doing it separately allows you to choose the powers you want or need rather then what it given to you. :)

Survivor
Sep 25, 2010
While complete outfits can be nice, I tend to get items in the Bazaar or Crown Shop per my needs.

I also tend to have 2-3 usable of each type of clothing item (and at least 2 wands, and 3-4 decks) at any given time.