Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can you please help me?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 08, 2013
Ok I have 3 other wizards way past this point and never had a problem. I am level 36 and have completed all my quests in Grizzleheim, Savarstaad pass, Mirkholm Keep Vigrid Roughland. I have been questing in Marleybone waiting to level up to come back and fight the Joten brothers again. I am using wolf battleglade on this account and wolf lifemender on my captkirk6851 account and I have been everywhere looking for the quest to beat the Joten Brothers. Both characters are level 36 and have quested together from the start.

I have been to try and talk to BJorn Ironclaws in Northguard, and Merle Ambrose, and Baldur Goldpaws in Oldtown. I just did the quest "I know a guy" for both characters.

Maybe I just have some bad info, on wizard101central they have a guide that says when you hit level 35 you are able to fight the Joten bros. Thanks for any help. I will just keep questing in MarleyBone until I hear back

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
captkirk6850 on Sep 17, 2013 wrote:
Ok I have 3 other wizards way past this point and never had a problem. I am level 36 and have completed all my quests in Grizzleheim, Savarstaad pass, Mirkholm Keep Vigrid Roughland. I have been questing in Marleybone waiting to level up to come back and fight the Joten brothers again. I am using wolf battleglade on this account and wolf lifemender on my captkirk6851 account and I have been everywhere looking for the quest to beat the Joten Brothers. Both characters are level 36 and have quested together from the start.

I have been to try and talk to BJorn Ironclaws in Northguard, and Merle Ambrose, and Baldur Goldpaws in Oldtown. I just did the quest "I know a guy" for both characters.

Maybe I just have some bad info, on wizard101central they have a guide that says when you hit level 35 you are able to fight the Joten bros. Thanks for any help. I will just keep questing in MarleyBone until I hear back
That's not quite right. Not sure what you were reading on Central, but you can't go to fight Jotun until you are at least Level 40. Maybe this info will help you.

I found this quest tree on one of the fansites:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Grizzleheim_Quest_Tree

It lists all of the quests in Grizzleheim. You can click on a quest there to get more details on it.

You get access to different areas in Grizzleheim, based on your level. On the link that I gave you, it does show you the Level requirement for each area too.

This might help too:

Quests to Return to Grizzleheim:
Level 20 – Trade Voyage (go to Northguard and Savarstaad Pass)
Level 25 – Lending a Paw (go to Vigrid Roughland)
Level 30 – Full Grizzle Jacket (go to Mirkholm Keep)
Level 40 – The King and I (talk to Valgard GoldenBlade). He gives you “The Bigger They Are” (go to Nidavellier to defeat Jotun)

Then comes Ravenscar and Wintertusk.

Hope this helped.

Survivor
Feb 08, 2013
Sorry apparently you have to be level 40 before you can defeat the Joten bros.

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
captkirk6850 on Sep 17, 2013 wrote:

Don't be too upset, you are ahead of yourself in Grizzleheim, congrats!

It may seem like a bummer, but if you go straight to Jotun, he has 9000 health. Both his brothers have minimum
8000, and the Grendel has about 1100. So between the four, you have roughly 3500 - 3600 life points. Take your time in Marleybone to level up, because I understand your anxiousness.

They hit hard and fast, so you might want to bring at least two others to the fight.

Timothy Pearlflower, L90

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Another thing to keep in mind is that when you go to fight Jotun in Nidavellir, if you go straight to the Hall of Valor first, you will meet Jotun and two brothers and one minion. That's quite a battle.

However, I found it easier to do Nidavellir in three parts: Helgrind Warren, Winterdeep Warren, then the Hall of Valor. That way, I eliminated two of his brothers in the first two areas. So there was only Jotun and one of his helpers left. That made it much easier.

This link gives details on the three areas, and it has a good map for Winterdeep Warren that will help you avoid extra battles in that area. Don't forget to pick up the "book" in there too. Before you go "up the ramp" at the end to get Grettir, turn left and the book is in that area.

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showpost.php?p=137877&postcount=6

Also, the yardbird in in Helgrind Warren area, in the Storm Room. The map on the link above has a picture of the yardbird to help you find it.

Good Luck.

Survivor
Feb 08, 2013
Thanks for the replies. One of the guides on Central I was reading said you fight Joten at level 35 but then as I read on in the same thread I found out its 40. I have taken 3 wizards through Joten but I always finished up Marleybone and Mooshu before going to grizzleheim(I always liked to do one world at a time) and by that time I was well over level 40, so I wasn't sure of the level restrictions for grizzleheim. This time I decided I was going to go to Grizzleheim everytime Ambrose asked me to and do a little at a time.

I do have a tip for others. The last two times I had to fight Joten, I always went to the left side and fought the first battle so I could get the yard bird, then I left and went straight to the Joten battle and I only had to fight him and one minion.