Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP strategies

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 21, 2009
Hello.

Thought I might entice some good PvPers to give us a hint or strategy for each class. Tell us their PvP styles and how to use your class weakness to your advantage. If you're willing to hint us or guide us in usage of our classes in pvp please tell us more. If you are a total noob in pvp listen to the advice the pros give.

Now play smart and play nice

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
noahdd on Sep 10, 2013 wrote:
Hello.

Thought I might entice some good PvPers to give us a hint or strategy for each class. Tell us their PvP styles and how to use your class weakness to your advantage. If you're willing to hint us or guide us in usage of our classes in pvp please tell us more. If you are a total noob in pvp listen to the advice the pros give.

Now play smart and play nice
Hmm. Good post. I can help out some, I can do a couple strategies if needed, but first I'll do level 30 Balance. Now it will take awhile but try to farm the loremaster who is located in the Antheneum, it took me 2 days to get Savage Paw and it helped me so much. Now all the TC you need to carry are monstrous and infallible. Take the time to enchant a couple of your spells (crafted/blast/locust swarm/judgement) Judge will mostly be your finisher. Carry max infection, max cloak (don't cloak shields if you can help it mostly enemy charms), 2 balance dispel, 2-3 reshuffle, max tower, 3 weakness, 3 elemental/spirit shields, NO balance blades, a couple judgements, 2 locust swarms, 1 spectral blast, 2 sandstorms, 3 mander minions, 1 scorpion, and IF you have a crafted spell max of those. Now for the TC deck setup, I used the deck of deliberation or deck of the lotus (this could take some bazaar farming), use infallible and monstrous, monstrous a couple spells before hand I typically have this in my side deck:

About 8 monstrous (depending on the size of deck) 3 infallibles, one judge that is enchanted, 2 locust enchanted, a sand enchanted, and a crafted spell enchanted. This has so far worked for me.

NOTE: FIND TC IN ZAFARIA LIBRARY they are always there, even if they are a little more expensive than bazaar its worth it not to waste time waiting for someone to sell.

As for gear, you can get resist giving gear from the bazaar. Use heartsteel athame if you can and then slowly upgrade to commander gear. Also when getting commander gear, start with Veteran boots, then Commander hat then Commander robe then Commander boots. Try to get a heal pet, this will work without one but its recommended. Also you DO NOT have to use crafted spells, its just what I did.

I hope I helped!!
Wolf Legend, Warlord with 1600 rank.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
For a low leveled Myth, I could give you some tips.

First, go past level five to level seven so you can get the troll minion. Going to level eight for shields is optional, but I didn't do it because it takes up card space in the deck that I'd rather use for something else. To replace these shields, I carry two Towers in my side deck and several minions. If you're lucky they might attack your minion instead of you.

The other cards in my side deck are three Krakens and a Storm Shark. In my main deck I have three Pixies, three Infections, one Thundersnake, three Trolls, two Troll Minions, two Golem minions and two Bloodbats.

My strategy revolves around getting a minion out ASAP. I'd only recommend using the Troll minion if you have three or more pips though. I use minions to get around Towers and absorb shields so I can use a double Kraken maneuver. I wait until I have seven pips and then cast back to back Krakens. (If they don't fizzle.) By that time it's important that you have at least two Infections on your opponent so that they can't heal effectively. If that doesn't defeat them then a barrage of lower pip spells will. Just be sure to heal and shield, as your opponent also has attacks and they probably won't hesitate to use them.

My gear is the Midsummer's Cowl, the Watchtower Boots, and the Jacket of Withstanding. I never bought the Veteran gear because I was saving for the Commander Boots. Once you get these it's much easier to get the Commander robe and hat. After you get the boots I'd recommend getting the Coat of Invincibility because at that level you'll need every heal you can get and the Midsummer's Cowl gives you a Sprite card which is useful for getting rid of Infection.

Vanessa Drake, level 7 Myth Warlord (1050)

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
I'm a private but...
-try to avoid polymorphs
-use treasure cards
-use sun spells
-use star spells
-use mana burn if somebody uses it on you
- bad juju is good
-spam (if have to) weaknesses and tower shields
-don't just rely on Tc, use a mix
All I got...
Molly level 79

Survivor
Dec 12, 2012
hmm I will try to help first of all I am a lvl20 warlord about to enter the leadership boards
and it was really hard to get there sense when you reach commander you start fighting people that are like 10 to 20 levels higher than you are i: soaks right :[ well anyways my strategy consists of...
first i would start at a low lvl like 5 is good. then make sure to have ok defensive gear when you start to pvp sense most of the time in low lvl pvp defense is what determines the winner. you should also try to find a good pet. well now for spells. I chose fire because it gets its blade the fastest like at lvl 4 I got mine. also something that helped me allot was the spell infection you can get it by talking to the death tree in nightshade its lvl zero so everyone can get t :D that's it for normal spells i: next steps is buying tc. its necessary. so if you don't got no money go farm :D I would buy allot of tower shields as much as you can then buy some offensive tc like kraken. anything with hit rating above 600 is an ok. when you start a pvp you must first check your opponent's school you can do this by going up to the chat box and pressing battle order it'll show you a picture of the people you are fighting you can determine their schools by those pictures. well that's it good luck