Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

the value of sanctuary in pvp.

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
i have found in my time of pvp that the rarely seen spell, sanctuary, is a very useful tool in pvp. especially for people who really on doom and gloom to win. sanctuary is doom and gloom to these people.

Explorer
Dec 21, 2009
Emperor of Life on Sep 4, 2013 wrote:
i have found in my time of pvp that the rarely seen spell, sanctuary, is a very useful tool in pvp. especially for people who really on doom and gloom to win. sanctuary is doom and gloom to these people.
Nice idea.
I'm a theurge too and thought it was just a useless spell for combat.
I'm wrong of course.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
I think it is VERY useful to life & jades. But it takes training life all the way up (not terrible but still) if I used it, which I would in 3v3-4v4 I would take a TC version in.

Wolf Skullslinger

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
I have seen many Life Wizards use sanctuary in pvp, and very often in 1v1.
I have also seen agressive Jades use it also, to heal off any damage they take.
This way they keep at full health, until they get set up, and then be ready to
switch over to Doom and Gloom. Very effective, and if played correctly,
can win a lot of matches......

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
My ice character packs balefrost, doom, and sanctuary; doom and sanctuary and both treasure card versions though. This usually works fairly well for keeping up sanctuary until I'm ready to hit, casting balefrost, hitting, casting doom, and watching the satyr they attempted do 300 health. The fact that without Life primary or life mastery amulet the spell costs 3 pips is the only reason we aren't seeing everyone using it.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
I once battled this jade, that had no attacks in their deck, only heals and sanctuary and some shields. They casted sanctuary and I had no other global in deck. So when I got him down to 500 he healed back to 4000, repeat, repeat, repeat. I ran out of reshuffles, and all that "hard" work for him paid off, thanks to sanctuary.

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
Its situational, but has uses. just like feint.